New features for 2023

Just got mine back from the dealer today. They completed the DRL fix and updated my truck with ZR2 specific animation.
1. The animation is changed on the gauge cluster but NOT the main screen. (This should answer the question for anyone that was wondering.)
2. They tried to charge me 152 for the update. Obviously I didn’t pay them. They said they will try to get GM to cover and I wished them luck in that venture.
3. The labor code 2810195 is what they used to locate the update and install.

Just got mine back from the dealer today. They completed the DRL fix and updated my truck with ZR2 specific animation.
1. The animation is changed on the gauge cluster but NOT the main screen. (This should answer the question for anyone that was wondering.)
2. They tried to charge me 152 for the update. Obviously I didn’t pay them. They said they will try to get GM to cover and I wished them luck in that venture.
Yep...there is no update for the main screen. Only the gauge cluster is ZR2 specific. Happy you got it done and SHOCKED they even tried to charge you...what BS!

Last edited:
I got mine done over the weekend and truthfully, I kind of regret it. Now there are two different animations going on. They dont match and it bugs me. Hopefully an update with come automatically down the road? Who knows.

I got mine done over the weekend and truthfully, I kind of regret it. Now there are two different animations going on. They dont match and it bugs me. Hopefully an update with come automatically down the road? Who knows.
Don't hold your breath!

Yea I get it. I suppose it’s a matter of preference. I didn’t mind the original animation but I was beyond bothered by the LTZ replica in my gauge cluster. Personally I think the animation is pretty cool and if nothing else it’s at least unique to our trucks. The ZR2 replica in the gauge cluster is a dramatic improvement over the LTZ, and the generic animation on the main screen doesn’t bother me more or less than it did before the update. All in all I’m satisfied but if they release an update for the main screen, I’ll get it quickly.

Honestly this is how I feel too. I'm not sure I'm going to try and get mine changed. I'd prefer to have a ZR2 on the dash cluster, but I think I prefer the current animation that moves across both screens. Having the middle screen doing its own thing sort of makes it look like it's an aftermarket head unit slapped in there. Heck I wouldn't complain if the camera mirror got in on the welcome animation lol

My thoughts exactly, and why I'm holding back. I'd prefer staring at a silver LTZ everyday and keeping my cohesive screen animations vs. having 2 that in no way match/flow in form, color, etc. Trail Boss has a similar startup sequence as the ZR2 with matching center screen animation. I hope GM is working on finalizing the same for ZR2 specific and will be pushing it out via OTA once 100% complete.

Yep...there is no update for the main screen. Only the gauge cluster is ZR2 specific. Happy you got it done and SHOCKED they even tried to charge you...what BS!
Is the dealership just supposed to eat the cost?

I don’t care who eats the cost. When you pay 74k for a truck you shouldn’t feel bad for expecting that it would match lesser trim levels in terms of quality.
It is not the dealers fault that your truck didn't have whatever it is you expected. You bought it that way.

The dealership should not have to eat the cost of a factory feature that you feel should be there.

It is not the dealers fault that your truck didn't have whatever it is you expected. You bought it that way.

The dealership should not have to eat the cost of a factory feature that you feel should be there.
The dealers gets PAID by GM for this...they aren't "eating" anything...and why do you care??? Do you own a Chevy dealership?

The dealers gets PAID by GM for this...they aren't "eating" anything...and why do you care??? Do you own a Chevy dealership?
Do some research bud. It's not hard. I've been here a lot longer than you and it's easy to see what I do.

Do some research bud. It's not hard. I've been here a lot longer than you and it's easy to see what I do.
Don't need to research anything...been doing this for over 40 years...my length of time on this forum is certainly not an indicator for ANYTHING!

Then they can take it up with GM or perhaps you can pay them. It’s immaterial to me. I appreciate your perspective nonetheless.

Most Member Reactions

Back