NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

securityguy

Reaction score

I want this but I wish it locked in so someone couldn’t steal it so easy. I also wonder if I’ll be able to turn on the blind spot camera function for towing with this installed. Would it trick the truck into thinking there’s a trailer plugged in? Probably placing an order anyway.

Edit: I guess it does say trailer may be detected for GM and Chevy trucks 2019+. We will see.

Last edited:
I want this but I wish it locked in so someone couldn’t steal it so easy. I also wonder if I’ll be able to turn on the blind spot camera function for towing with this installed. Would it trick the truck into thinking there’s a trailer plugged in? Probably placing an order anyway.

Edit: I guess it does say trailer may be detected for GM and Chevy trucks 2019+. We will see.
It does lock in if you want to add a hitch pin. Watch the video...you can cut out the round tabs and put a hitch pin through it.

Did this make the truck think there was a trailer connected? I am hoping that it would activate my cameras when I put my blinker on.

Did this make the truck think there was a trailer connected? I am hoping that it would activate my cameras when I put my blinker on.
Yes it does trick it. I’ve been using it for a while. You have to use it as an accessory or it will disable the reverse sensors. Sometimes it gives me the option to choose accessory/no trailer at startup and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t figured out a way to save it as an accessory so it won’t remember every time. I don’t really need the backup sensors, I just use my eyes so I don’t mind when they are disabled. I prefer to have the camera views with the blinkers. They come in handy on busy highways and the light is nice and bright when backing up.

Yes it does trick it. I’ve been using it for a while. You have to use it as an accessory or it will disable the reverse sensors. Sometimes it gives me the option to choose accessory/no trailer at startup and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t figured out a way to save it as an accessory so it won’t remember every time. I don’t really need the backup sensors, I just use my eyes so I don’t mind when they are disabled. I prefer to have the camera views with the blinkers. They come in handy on busy highways and the light is nice and bright when backing up.
im sold...thanks

its been a little bit...whats the verdict on this light?? i like it. any probs or gliches?
Problem. 2023 ZR2. Only flashes red, light will not function as brake or reverse. Flashes all the time. I called and they said it doesn’t work with 2021 and newer.

What year is your truck? The light didn’t work for me, according to customer service 2021 and newer are no good for this. I’m sad now.

What year is your truck? The light didn’t work for me, according to customer service 2021 and newer are no good for this. I’m sad now.
Mine is a 2022. I got the c1 kit that doesn’t have the brake light so it’s just red when the lights are on and turns white when in reverse. Is it the CR1 +brake version that isn’t working?

Mine is a 2022. I got the c1 kit that doesn’t have the brake light so it’s just red when the lights are on and turns white when in reverse. Is it the CR1 +brake version that isn’t working?
Yes the C1R plus brake. From what I understand I can just cut the purple wire and the flashing part is disabled. Debating trying that and if it doesn’t work I’ll send in the return.

Yes the C1R plus brake. From what I understand I can just cut the purple wire and the flashing part is disabled. Debating trying that and if it doesn’t work I’ll send in the return.
Hopefully that works but that sucks to pay extra for the brake feature if it won’t work.

Problem. 2023 ZR2. Only flashes red, light will not function as brake or reverse. Flashes all the time. I called and they said it doesn’t work with 2021 and newer.
This is why I didn’t proceed with purchase. Too much tech in the trailering package.

I purchased a red tow hook hitch mount to somewhat match the front. Moose Knuckle is currently running a pre-sale on many of their products

Reactions: AXE
I wouldn't do that. The price difference between the two models is significant. If that feature will not work, get the other model and save some money.

Most Member Reactions

Back