New zr2 owner looking for upgrades

Just had paint correction and 5 year ceramic coating done yesterday. It is curing for 48 hours in doors at the detailer. I love the color black but the swirl marks drive me crazy. Unfortunately, managing swirl marks and imperfections on black GM paint is a challenge. I only hand wash my vehicles and am obsessed with keeping them clean. A trait inherited from my father... my cars are actually cleaner than his :) Enjoy your Sunday and have an awesome week!
That’s amazing. Congrats

I see a lot of pretty expensive mods and paint coating on the thread so far here are some of the other types of cheaper mods you can do. K&N Intake, AWE Exhaust, Bowtie puddle lights, Shock skids, Center console safe, Red and Black Badging, Shorty antenna and LED Step lights for the multiflex tailgate.

Attachments

• PXL_20230122_004905799.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004905799.MP.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 152
  • PXL_20230122_005043979.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_005043979.MP.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20230122_005003570.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_005003570.MP.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 137
  • PXL_20230122_004752511.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004752511.MP.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 123
  • PXL_20230122_004739750.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004739750.MP.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20230122_004812124.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004812124.MP.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 139
  • PXL_20230122_004628821.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004628821.MP.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 146
  • PXL_20230115_012838990.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230115_012838990.MP.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 152
  • PXL_20230122_004658048.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230122_004658048.MP.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 148
I see a lot of pretty expensive mods and paint coating on the thread so far here are some of the other types of cheaper mods you can do. K&N Intake, AWE Exhaust, Bowtie puddle lights, Shock skids, Center console safe, Red and Black Badging, Shorty antenna and LED Step lights for the multiflex tailgate.
feel any power gain with the awe and cold air or just sound? also any mileage improvement?

Cheaper mods...K&N...AWE??? :ROFLMAO: Looks nice my friend but you may want to reconsider that K&N as that is not a CAI and sucks in hot air from the engine bay...you really want a closed airbox.

It has added some power that I can tell haven't really gone far enough since to test fuel mileage appropriately. I considered a CAI but love the sound of the K&N and trust the product. Also I feel like back in the day you got true CAI right like the filter is near ground out the bottom of the bumper or out the top of the hood even if the box is closed it is in the engine bay and actual cold air may be negligible.

It has added some power that I can tell haven't really gone far enough since to test fuel mileage appropriately. I considered a CAI but love the sound of the K&N and trust the product.
We all make decisions for different reasons...very nice mods my friend.

I never posted a picture of my truck, but here it is fresh out of paint correction and buffing with a ceramic coating.
Today is supercharger day. Hoping to have it installed and running this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20230203_174748.jpg
    20230203_174748.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 20230203_175250.jpg
    20230203_175250.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 177
I never posted a picture of my truck, but here it is fresh out of paint correction and buffing with a ceramic coating.
Today is supercharger day. Hoping to have it installed and running this afternoon.
Damn, that Whipple is beautiful!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Please let us know how hard the installation was...looks good!

Is there software available to support the SC? I was under the impression the ecu hadn't been cracked yet.

Is there software available to support the SC? I was under the impression the ecu hadn't been cracked yet.
So far I have seen Lingenfelter & PAX, installing ,selling superchargers for our trucks. As far as I know there is no Pulsar type device yet for disabling DFM. I'm anxious for them to come up with something. I know they are working on it and the first run will sell out quick!!

Damn, that Whipple is beautiful!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Please let us know how hard the installation was...looks good!
Install wasn't bad. Started about 730 and had the truck running by 330 with a break for lunch. Forgot to take a picture of it installed on the truck. Will post that in the morning. I'm not sure if our front ends are a little different or what but I had to do some modification to the intercooler coolant hoses to make them fit right without kinking. But that was really the only issue.

It runs very well. In AWD it has an awesome launch and pulls hard to 90. 2wd spins through second.

It is very quiet. Really only hear it above half throttle. Below that the power is still better but there is not much whine at all.

It is a Whipple calibration bench flashed by Trifecta. The tuning definitely feels conservative, I'm assuming due to Whipple being 50 state legal and for longevity. I might try some other tuning when it becomes more available since I couldn't care less about the CARB legalities. But as of now I am very happy with it and the truck seems to be well within its comfort zone.

Install wasn't bad. Started about 730 and had the truck running by 330 with a break for lunch. Forgot to take a picture of it installed on the truck. Will post that in the morning. I'm not sure if our front ends are a little different or what but I had to do some modification to the intercooler coolant hoses to make them fit right without kinking. But that was really the only issue.

It runs very well. In AWD it has an awesome launch and pulls hard to 90. 2wd spins through second.

It is very quiet. Really only hear it above half throttle. Below that the power is still better but there is not much whine at all.

It is a Whipple calibration bench flashed by Trifecta. The tuning definitely feels conservative, I'm assuming due to Whipple being 50 state legal and for longevity. I might try some other tuning when it becomes more available since I couldn't care less about the CARB legalities. But as of now I am very happy with it and the truck seems to be well within its comfort zone.
Thanks!

I drive a lot of 2 lane roads. For some reason it is very common to get behind people going 45 mph in a 60. Usually there's a line of them so it's nice to be able to get up and around them.
When Edge finally comes out with the Pulsar for our trucks, you will be able to increase the MPH limit. I can't wait to get rid of the DFM!!

So having driven it for a week I am going to say the only downside to the supercharger is the fact that it requires premium gas, which I knew but just sucks its almost a dollar more than regular. But fuel mileage hasn't really gone down much, maybe a little around town but on a 150 mile trip running 85 it got about 16.5, which is about what it did before. It town with spirited driving its averaging around 12-13. Down from 13-14 without the charger. It will spin all 4 tires when in AWD. Dry road and just standing on it from a stop. Also get a little chirp out of all 4 if you stand in it from about 20mph. The part throttle acceleration is on point. The S/C paired with the 10 speed is probably the nicest driving truck I have owned. It is nice and tame if you want it to be but also if you want to pick on a sports car or put your buddies stomach in his throat just kick it into AWD, set the drive mode to "off road" and hold on

So having driven it for a week I am going to say the only downside to the supercharger is the fact that it requires premium gas, which I knew but just sucks its almost a dollar more than regular. But fuel mileage hasn't really gone down much, maybe a little around town but on a 150 mile trip running 85 it got about 16.5, which is about what it did before. It town with spirited driving its averaging around 12-13. Down from 13-14 without the charger. It will spin all 4 tires when in AWD. Dry road and just standing on it from a stop. Also get a little chirp out of all 4 if you stand in it from about 20mph. The part throttle acceleration is on point. The S/C paired with the 10 speed is probably the nicest driving truck I have owned. It is nice and tame if you want it to be but also if you want to pick on a sports car or put your buddies stomach in his throat just kick it into AWD, set the drive mode to "off road" and hold on
That SC sounds awesome. I've always used premium gas anyway. Costco is the best price around here for fuel. Premium is about what mid grade costs elsewhere.

If I kept trucks longer than 10K miles or 1-1.5 years, I may consider a SC. But, for me, it would be a huge waste since I’d never get it back out on a sale.

Most Member Reactions

Back