Official Silverado ZR2 Deposit Thread!

When did you place your order?
Dealer placed it 1st day he received allocation. He only was able to order 1 so far, mine. Hoping to see the rock rails or step options soon!!

Dealer placed it 1st day he received allocation. He only was able to order 1 so far, mine. Hoping to see the rock rails or step options soon!!

Congrats @BK1 and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: BK1
I put a deposit down on mine Monday. Dealer sent me the build sheet showing the options such as Glacier Blue color option, power sunroof, tech pkg and multi flex tailgate. I also added the RQL Gloss Black wheels (price says W/A). I believe these were all the options available? I was wondering if there was an option I missed for nerf bars or step rails? Currently have a 2019 RST Crew Cab and am thinking some steps to get in would be nice? Anyone know about this option? I know I could always go aftermarket but would like factory if that is an option?

I put a deposit down on mine Monday. Dealer sent me the build sheet showing the options such as Glacier Blue color option, power sunroof, tech pkg and multi flex tailgate. I also added the RQL Gloss Black wheels (price says W/A). I believe these were all the options available? I was wondering if there was an option I missed for nerf bars or step rails? Currently have a 2019 RST Crew Cab and am thinking some steps to get in would be nice? Anyone know about this option? I know I could always go aftermarket but would like factory if that is an option?
They are available, but they are dealer installed. Factory will not do it.

Hey, everybody. New here in the forum. I am going on Monday to place a deposit on a ZR2. I am in Commiechusetts. Hopefully all goes well. Any tips/tricks you have to move things along? Dealer is selling at MSRP. No allocation yet, but with deposit, hopefully I can move up the queue.

Was talking to a dealer in Tampa to try to put an order in, but I just found out today that I am going to South Korea for a year for work. Don't really wanna pay for a truck I'm not driving so I'm gonna hold off on buying one until I come back. Maybe the inventory shortage will be better then and I won't have to wait for it.

I'll still be active on the forum as much as possible and checking out all of the cool builds you guys are working on.

Let us know if you've put a deposit down on the new ZR2!
I placed my order at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX on 2/7, 24th person in line. $500 deposit. This dealership only charges MSRP, they do no markup. Awaiting formal build sheet and allocation information.

If you're in DFW, this is a solid dealership. I bought my 2020 Trail Boss LT here, and they are tops on service and customer service.

Reach out to Ryan Palmour and tell him John sent you. 817.721.5344

Ordered on 2/16/22, no deposit required due to being a regular customer and knowing the GM helps. Ordered accepted but no build date as this time. I won't be paying anywhere near MSRP, as I buy and trade at appx every 3 years when hit appx 75,000 miles.

Edit: Got the call today, the dealer got their allocation, so it looks like I will get the first one from South Pointe Chevy!

Last edited:
I've talked to 13 dealers in Michigan and only a couple are willing to sell at MSRP in this market. 2 of them have said the first trucks are built and being shipped, but are spoken for. A bit later than expected. Does anyone know the invoice on these? I feel like people are going to get raked over the coals on these because of low volume and high demand. Feels like dealers are taking massive advantage of people.

For anyone who has already negotiated price on theirs, how did it go? Anyone from Michigan?

I've talked to 13 dealers in Michigan and only a couple are willing to sell at MSRP in this market. 2 of them have said the first trucks are built and being shipped, but are spoken for. A bit later than expected. Does anyone know the invoice on these? I feel like people are going to get raked over the coals on these because of low volume and high demand. Feels like dealers are taking massive advantage of people.

For anyone who has already negotiated price on theirs, how did it go? Anyone from Michigan?
FWIW - I was told point blank by my dealer (sales mgr actually) that GM has told them they have no plans of going back to the old "inventory model" across the board, not just ZR2's. By managing volume much more tightly and maintaining a higher demand, they'll have reduced inventory overhead / interest on a dealer level, no longer need to provide rebates, nor low financing incentives. I've known him for years, I feel like he was shooting me pretty straight.

FWIW - I was told point blank by my dealer (sales mgr actually) that GM has told them they have no plans of going back to the old "inventory model" across the board, not just ZR2's. By managing volume much more tightly and maintaining a higher demand, they'll have reduced inventory overhead / interest on a dealer level, no longer need to provide rebates, nor low financing incentives. I've known him for years, I feel like he was shooting me pretty straight.
I hate the waiting.

In other words, there is a worldwide parts shortage and rising interest rates and we don't know when it will get better...., but I bet as soon as parts and chips are readily available they will put All the plant workers back to full capacity and lots will have cars and trucks!

In other words, there is a worldwide parts shortage and rising interest rates and we don't know when it will get better...., but I bet as soon as parts and chips are readily available they will put All the plant workers back to full capacity and lots will have cars and trucks!
I thought he was saying the opposite

Most Member Reactions

Back