Official Silverado ZR2 Deposit Thread!

supersix

Administrator
Founding Member
Reaction score
Let us know if you've put a deposit down on the new ZR2!

I started to look for a dealer here in WA. All of them are asking 4 to 7K over MSRP. They are saying that there will be limited allocation. Some of them are more open to negotiate, let see what we can have in the following days, but out of state seems to be the way.

John Elway Chevrolet. (303) 761-0333.
They will ship is what they told me.
I’m first on the list at Foundation Chevrolet in Wheat Ridge, CO. I chose them because they offer lifetime warranty on new vehicles. I’m still waiting on price confirmation. They told me it would not be over MSRP, but I am pushing for 7-9% off MSRP OR $500-$1000 over invoice. I talked with them today and they aren’t requiring me to put a deposit down until I physically put my order in. They anticipate first week of December.

Have you pre ordered your build or just put a deposit down to hold your spot?

I’m first on the list at Foundation Chevrolet in Wheat Ridge, CO. I chose them because they offer lifetime warranty on new vehicles. I’m still waiting on price confirmation. They told me it would not be over MSRP, but I am pushing for 7-9% off MSRP OR $500-$1000 over invoice. I talked with them today and they aren’t requiring me to put a deposit down until I physically put my order in. They anticipate first week of December.

Just a deposit. I was told December 6th for orders, but who knows.

I just talked with them and put my name on their list.

About the discount lets say the MSRP of 70K:
MRSPDiscountFinal
$ 70,000.00
7%​
$ 4,900.00
$ 70,000.00
9%​
$ 6,300.00

Based on that I would say you expected the invoice to be:
$ 65,600.00
$ 64,700.00

Am I right? Please share your thoughts

Last edited:
I just talked with them and put my name on their list.

About the discount lets say the MSRP of 70K:
MRSPDiscountFinal
$ 70,000.00
7%​
$ 4,900.00
$ 70,000.00
9%​
$ 6,300.00

Based on that I would say you expected the invoice to be:
$ 65,600.00
$ 64,700.00

Am I right? Please share your thoughts
Looks good! If MSRP is 70k I am hoping to pay somewhere around the 64-65k range. I’ll post everything here has we get closer to orders.

Looks good! If MSRP is 70k I am hoping to pay somewhere around the 64-65k range. I’ll post everything here has we get closer to orders.
Caleb is who I’m working with. If anyone else goes with this dealership give him a call. He’s been great.

Nice! Where on the list are you?
Xavier told me I'm one of the firsts, means he seems to does not know about it. I hope I'm right behind you. Tomorrow I going to call him and ask him to check with Caleb and his manager.

I'm not sure what world y'all are living in, but it must be a different dimension than mine where you can't find a regular truck, let alone a Trailboss or TRX/Raptor/Other off-road vehicle, and if you do it's for over sticker, even used ones. And you think a dealer is going to take 7-9% off the sticker of the latest-and-greatest, hot-selling off-road truck because you asked nicely? Or go "$500-$1000" over their invoice? Yeah right, that's hilarious. I've been around the block boys, all these dealers are the same. They have the same cost and the same business model, they're making money right now and what they can sell to you they can sell to 10 people behind you for more. Hate to break it to you but I doubt you're going to be able negotiate $100 off sticker right now, especially when the dealers haven't even gotten pricing yet. I'd worry more about just finding a truck, or you might as well forget your ZR2 hopes until at least 2023.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what world y'all are living in, but it must be a different dimension than mine where you can't find a regular truck, let alone a Trailboss or TRX/Raptor/Other off-road vehicle, and if you do it's for over sticker, even used ones. And you think a dealer is going to take 7-9% off the sticker of the latest-and-greatest, hot-selling off-road truck because you asked nicely? Or go "$500-$1000" over their invoice? Yeah right, that's hilarious. I've been around the block boys, all these dealers are the same. They have the same cost and the same business model, they're making money right now and what they can sell to you they can sell to 10 people behind you for more. Hate to break it to you but I doubt you're going to be able negotiate $100 off sticker right now, especially when the dealers haven't even gotten pricing yet. I'd worry more about just finding a truck, or you might as well forget your ZR2 hopes until at least 2023.
I would normally absolutely agree. That being said I almost pulled the trigger on a 2022 Power Wagon 2 weeks ago. I have confirmation via email from dealership with their offer of $500 over invoice. I’m of course waiting for a ZR2, so I didn’t order.

I’m on the list at 3 dealerships. One is MSRP, another told me they would take a little off MSRP and the other told me they would negotiate between 5-7% off MSRP.

Most dealerships are absolutely charging over MSRP. I called 23 different dealers to see where the deals were. Ordering a vehicle vs taking one that is on the lot or one that was ordered from the dealership with no customer attached is much different. In most cases it opens up their allocation for vehicles that aren’t rare like a Z06 or a TRX. GM is not limiting allocations for the ZR2, so the deals will be out there if you look hard enough. I’ll take a picture of my signed order once it’s placed.

Here is my email showing $500 over invoice… I too have been around the block. I buy a new vehicle every 2 years.

Attachments

• 496C7D7D-5E00-491F-8246-B71D07E37D63.jpeg
    496C7D7D-5E00-491F-8246-B71D07E37D63.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 249

My friend, your assumption is limited by what you know. This game is much more complex. Dealer do not only make money on sales margin of a single vehicle. I recommend you to research about it. The willing to negotiate prices depends on the state, region, dealer size, factory incentives, sales goals, dealer group goals, and tons of other factors.

Here a dealer selling TRX with 9K under MSRP, the guys from TRX forum have this dealer and a few others offering a similar deal. They are selling like a crazy to every where in the US, because locals are too greed asking over MSRP prices. Here in WA dealers are super bad, they do not negotiate anything, that will be my 3rd card Out of state. If I did not make my homework I probably had 20k less in my pocket these days, only in cars negotiation.

Before decide to get the ZR2, I was looking to buy a Rebel. I found one RAM dealer in WA that was willing to give a better prices, Bud Clary RAM. I almost got a Rebel for 9% under invoice. The problem was that RAM was not building it with the Adaptive Cruise Control so I drop the order.

If you are willing to work hard you will find good deals, or you can be like the guys paying 70k over MSRP on a TRX. I appreciate too much my money to spend like that.

@Caveman
I hope Foundation Chevrolet can put our order tomorrow. What do you think?

Last edited:
My friend, your assumption is limited by what you know. This game is much more complex. Dealer do not get money for the sales margin of a single vehicle. I recommend you to research about it. The willing to negotiate priced depends on the state, region, dealer size, factory incentives, sales goals, dealer group goals, and tons of other factors.

Here a dealer selling TRX with 9K under MSRP, the guys from TRX forum have this dealer and a few other offering a similar deal. They are selling like a crazy to every where in the states, because locals are too greed asking over MSRP prices. Here in WA dealer are super bad, they do not negotiate anything, that's will be my 3rd card Out of state. if I had your mentality I probably had 20k less in my pocket these days, only in cars negotiation.

Before decide to get the ZR2, I was looking to buy a Rebel. I found one RAM dealer in WA that was willing to give a better prices, Bud Clary RAM. I almost got a Rebel for 9% under invoice. The problem was that RAM was not building it with the Adaptive Cruise Control so I drop the order.

If you are willing to work hard you will find good deals, you can be the guys paying 70k over MSRP on a TRX. I appreciate too much my money to spend like that.

@Caveman
I’m going to stop in there tomorrow around 9:30am MT to see what’s up.

I am on another list at a dealer in Colorado Springs. I stopped in there today and was told they’re starting orders on December 6th. While, they offer lifetime powertrain warranty… they were pretty firm on MSRP. The market down in Springs seems pretty consistent in that regard, so I’m not going with them. Just keeping comms open with all three to compare notes. I’ll notify you here after I leave the dealership tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

My friend, your assumption is limited by what you know. This game is much more complex. Dealer do not only make money on sales margin of a single vehicle. I recommend you to research about it. The willing to negotiate prices depends on the state, region, dealer size, factory incentives, sales goals, dealer group goals, and tons of other factors.

Here a dealer selling TRX with 9K under MSRP, the guys from TRX forum have this dealer and a few others offering a similar deal. They are selling like a crazy to every where in the US, because locals are too greed asking over MSRP prices. Here in WA dealers are super bad, they do not negotiate anything, that will be my 3rd card Out of state. If I did not make my homework I probably had 20k less in my pocket these days, only in cars negotiation.

If you are willing to work hard you will find good deals, or you can be like the guys paying 70k over MSRP on a TRX. I appreciate too much my money to spend like that.

@Caveman

All dealer sales goals are obliterated right now, there are no volume objectives set for Chevrolet or quotas to meet, it's all just about making as much on each car as they can. I highly, HIGHLY doubt that any dealer is willing to sell a new TRX at $9k below MSRP right now, the individual you referenced most likely has access to a supply of EP/CDI/Whatever discount codes that he is passing on to his forum customers. The trucks are going for over MSRP USED, they could wholesale the trucks to other dealers for over MSRP.

Also, be aware that Stellantis/Chrysler incentives work differently than GM. Chrysler dealers get a hefty amount of backend money from the manufacturer based on customer satisfaction (coincidentally, up to 9% of MSRP I've heard), GM doesn't do such a thing with their dealers, so don't assume that because a random RAM sales guy on a forum is advertising too-good-to-be-true deals on a TRX that the same pricing scheme applies to all manufacturers. If you get a Chevrolet store to actually sell you a ZR2 for 7-9% below MSRP, or $500 over invoice, I will eat every hat that I own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Member Reactions

Back