Official Silverado ZR2 Deposit Thread!

Yes, I was saying the opposite. I'm certainly not an auto-industry expert and just going off of what my local dealer's sales manager said he was hearing from GM. I took the comments to mean, GM has learned they can sell vehicles at MRSP, not have to give up money in terms of rebates, not have to provide people with cheap interest rates, and keep their factories busy (or as busy as they want?)...again, i have no idea how true that may be personally but i get why GM would do that if they can.
And I was being sarcastic, they are saying this today because of global supply chain issues. Automakers employ hundreds of thousands of workers. As soon as they can have parts and electronics consistently they will have the factories full and will build every car they can. You will see cars on the lots again as soon as they can make enough. Too many families rely on this. An auto maker is never ok with making just enough, they will always want a bigger bottom line and that means more cars to sell. But that's jmo...

And I was being sarcastic, they are saying this today because of global supply chain issues. Automakers employ hundreds of thousands of workers. As soon as they can have parts and electronics consistently they will have the factories full and will build every car they can. You will see cars on the lots again as soon as they can make enough. Too many families rely on this. An auto maker is never ok with making just enough, they will always want a bigger bottom line and that means more cars to sell. But that's jmo...
Makes sense as well

Last edited:
I wasn't asked to put down a deposit, which I thought was kind of weird but I won't complain. I have GM supplier pricing through my employer though, so I think they're only making money off of the accessories and addons I selected.

Lucky to have 1st ZR2 in Louisiana. Put $2k down back in September to have my build requested/allocated to my dealer. Not proud to say this but I did have to pay $3K over MSRP. Wasn't gonna wait any longer for this truck!

Looking forward to seeing the mods come across the forum.

Put a deposit down on a stock order today that's already in transit. Scheduled to arrive around April 17th. Had a Raptor on order that's been consistently delayed since October and couldn't wait any longer for a vehicle.

Agreed terms at MSRP. Put the deposit down, and the dealer called 5 mins later saying they forgot to tell me there was a 3k ADM. I politely told them to go f**k themselves and I'd go elsewhere. They called back 20 minutes later, apologized for the miscommunication and re-agreed to MSRP. Deposit is paid, but still waiting on a signed purchase order. Until I have that, I'm not going to assume that the truck is mine just yet.

Most Member Reactions

Back