Oil catch can Yes or No?

The following products are discussed in this thread. Thank you @The_Q

81As8OgdrWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ever since I installed the Corsa Catch Can, I get a heavy oil smell from time to time in the cab. Seems heaviest when I'm at a stop.

Last edited:
Ever since I installed the Corsa Catch Can, I get a heavy oil smell from time to time in the cab. Seems heaviest when I'm at a stop.
That really should have nothing to do with it. I would check the hose clamps that attach to the can to ensure they are nice and tight and the OEM style connectors and clicked into their fittings well.

Last edited:
Thanks Boss, I’ve checked and they seem good. I’m gonna reinstall the OEM hose and see if anything improves over the next few days.

Thanks Boss, I’ve checked and they seem good. I’m gonna reinstall the OEM hose and see if anything improves over the next few days.
I have the same unit and all has been well since I installed it. Be interesting to hear what you find.

I have the same unit and all has been well since I installed it. Be interesting to hear what you find.
Removed catch can and no more smell. Must have been a small crack somewhere as the outside had some oil residue. Guess I’m out my money from Corsa.

As I did in another thread, I suggest hose clamps be installed on all the fittings. I have the J&L catch can. The hoses appear to be tight, but do allow for some movement. With the heat under the hood, I’m sure there is some swelling and contracting possible. I bought a box of various sized black clamps for my install.

Just something to consider, YMMV.

As I did in another thread, I suggest hose clamps be installed on all the fittings. I have the J&L catch can. The hoses appear to be tight, but do allow for some movement. With the heat under the hood, I’m sure there is some swelling and contracting possible. I bought a box of various sized black clamps for my install.

Just something to consider, YMMV.
I did what you told me and all of my hoses are clamped...great suggestion!

Those aren’t the right kind of clamps. You want worm clamps, at least that’s what some of us old people call them😂

Try this link: ISPINNER 60pcs Stainless Steel Adjustable 6-38mm Range Worm Gear Hose Clamps Assortment Kit for Plumbing, Automotive, Mechanical Applications (Black) https://a.co/d/87ADrfS

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@secutityguy...are you just running the 3oz can or tthe extra 3oz extension to 6oz?...if my measurements are correct the extension should fit...ready to pull the trigger on this👍

Just the 3oz can. I ran 1500 miles and captured 1 ounce.
J&L catch can on today, did go with the extension and worm style clamps on hoses. The can does make a slight vacuum noise which is what J&Ls website says it will make, sprayed it with some soapy water to check for any leakage and all good...now waiting to see what it catches, have a couple trips slated for some towing with the Can Am hangin on for its life behind Ole Blue on the trailer.😆

Attachments

• 20230504_141146.jpg
    20230504_141146.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: AXE
J&L catch can on today, did go with the extension and worm style clamps on hoses. The can does make a slight vacuum noise which is what J&Ls website says it will make, sprayed it with some soapy water to check for any leakage and all good...now waiting to see what it catches, have a couple trips slated for some towing with the Can Am hangin on for its life behind Ole Blue on the trailer.😆
My result was like that of SG. I drained mine the other day and there was 1/2 ounce at 1300 miles. I'll check it at 3K intervals from now on when I change the oil. My friend with port injection on his 392 CI Jeep picks up more oil than that. maybe his is from doing trails and lots of idling.

Circling back on this. What is everyone's thoughts on running catch cans? Does it void warranty?

Circling back on this. What is everyone's thoughts on running catch cans? Does it void warranty?
I've had them on various vehicles. My friends have as well. They are so easy to install and remove if you need to visit the dealer. I don't know about the warranty. I would just pull it off. Simple to do. I wouldn't run a direct injection engine without one.

Check out Engineering Explained. He's a mechanical engineer and really explains in detail how a catch can works. That's my 2 cents, I'm sure others will have opinions.

Highly recommend the J&L. My dealer saw mine and stated he doesn't know why these don't come installed at the factory and it's a great thing to have. No risk of warranty at all...just check it every few months...drain the can and you're good to go.

Maybe a dumb question, but has anyone tried just running a hose
Highly recommend the J&L. My dealer saw mine and stated he doesn't know why these don't come installed at the factory and it's a great thing to have. No risk of warranty at all...just check it every few months...drain the can and you're good to go.
Thanks. Is the J&L noisy like some claim?

Most Member Reactions

Back