Oil catch can Yes or No?

The following products are discussed in this thread. Thank you @The_Q

81As8OgdrWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OK...yes...dumb question :ROFLMAO:

That's what you have today...just a hose. This catches all of the oil blow-by in the can versus distributing it into the intake. No, they do not make any noise.
Haha, okay maybe dumb. I was wondering if there was a way to just let the oil blow into the road instead of a can. 😆

If I understand correctly, the blowback just gets piped back into the intake, so it would seem you could disconnect that, plug the intake hole and just run it to ground. Of course, I'm sure that's a horrible idea.

Last edited:
Haha, okay maybe dumb. I was wondering if there was a way to just let the oil blow into the road instead of a can. 😆

If I understand correctly, the blowback just gets piped back into the intake, so it would seem you could disconnect that, plug the intake hole and just run it to ground. Of course, I'm sure that's a horrible idea.
It's a vacuum.

As @securityguy posted above, I recommend using hose clamps on the J&L catch can. I saw where people had claimed strange noises after installing catch cans on Trail Bosses. I’ve got close to 20,000 miles with the J&L on my ZR2 and no noise issues whatsoever.

One thing to consider if you loive up north. I live in wi where it can get -30. You will have to dump the can maybe everyday in winter. This could be a pain, maybe in winter it may be better to let it go into intake and get burned. Then use it in summer only. Just a thought.

One thing to consider if you loive up north. I live in wi where it can get -30. You will have to dump the can maybe everyday in winter. This could be a pain, maybe in winter it may be better to let it go into intake and get burned. Then use it in summer only. Just a thought.
It is never better to let it go into the intake...period. In the winter, you get a lot more condensation in the can so it has to be emptied more often than the summer months as most of what you'll find is water mixed with the oil. I used to do mine every month to month and a half when living in the northeast when it was cold. To remove the can...dump it and reattach it is like 5 minutes and super easy to do.

Most Member Reactions

Back