Owner Questions / Issues

BK1

Founding Member
Reaction score
Now that we have the ZR2, what questions or issues are you having?
1. Rear wheel camera fuzzy, all other cameras clear.
2. Task light. How do you get this to work?
3. Chevy, why did you not put active exhaust on this truck?? Missed that one!!

Wish list.
What do you wish Chevy would have done different?
1. Active Exhaust like camaro or vette
2. Fatter sportier steering wheel
3. Better stereo! Little lackluster for this segment and cost
4. Predrilled , pre-wired accessory spots on bumpers, pillars, and interior. Ford got this right on the Bronco.

1. The Bose doesn't feel like a premium radio, but it's better than stock
  2. I hate all the Google crap on there, so I moved them off the main screen. Wish I could replace the Google map on the right side with another version. The small notification keeps telling me to finish setting up my account, but I refuse to log into anything Google, thus keeping the notification always there. (Android auto is not my first choice - as I find is sluggish compared to straight up Carplay)
  3. The Goodyear Wranglers don't feel quite right, but they are brand new.
  4. I'm 6'4" and I could use just a slightly higher tilt on the wheel. It's not a big deal, but I do miss the range from my 2014.

Those are minor things. Everything else is top notch and exceeds my expectations. It's definitely next level. People stare at it, and I've had several conversations with people asking all about it. I could not go back to anything else after this.

2. I hate all the Google crap on there, so I moved them off the main screen. Wish I could replace the Google map on the right side with another version. The small notification keeps telling me to finish setting up my account, but I refuse to log into anything Google, thus keeping the notification always there. (Android auto is not my first choice - as I find is sluggish compared to straight up Carplay)
  4. I'm 6'4" and I could use just a slightly higher tilt on the wheel. It's not a big deal, but I do miss the range from my 2014.

Those are minor things. Everything else is top notch and exceeds my expectations. It's definitely next level. People stare at it, and I've had several conversations with people asking all about it. I could not go back to anything else after this.
Also 6'4 and it would be great if the wheel came back further!! Almost blocks gauges where I currently have it.
Agree with everything else and have same Google and set up issues.
My tires seem great, this truck rides like a dream.

Thanks for posting this thread @BK1 - I've made a new section dedicated to problems & issues.

Reactions: BK1
As an addendum to my previous statements. I really dislike the infotainment being driven by this messy Android Automotive OS. It's a significantly more sluggish experience and the audio portion is a mess. Click on the music note icon and it doesn't take you to the audio main menu, it takes you to what you are ALREADY looking at. That doesn't make sense to me. You have to click on the small drop down in the upper left of the screen to get to the sources. Additionally, it isn't HD radio compatible. You don't get the clarity of the previous generation or the sub-channels (like 97.1 can also give you 97.1-2, etc).

Sounds like GM got a nice check for using Google services and ignored what was great about the previous infotainment features. I hope future updates make it better.

My biggest gripe I’ve seen (as mine is still due to be built) Is the half ass attempt in the main gauge Cluster..

Z71 trucks have their own splash animation as does the high country. Considering this truck is almost 10 grand more then a high country, you would think it would have its own Animation.

But the biggest one for me is the non-matching high country in light silver on the tachometer. Really GM?

The gauge cluster is fully customizable. You don't have to have the truck in the tack area. There's a lot of combinations and styles.

As an addendum to my previous statements. I really dislike the infotainment being driven by this messy Android Automotive OS. It's a significantly more sluggish experience and the audio portion is a mess. Click on the music note icon and it doesn't take you to the audio main menu, it takes you to what you are ALREADY looking at. That doesn't make sense to me. You have to click on the small drop down in the upper left of the screen to get to the sources. Additionally, it isn't HD radio compatible. You don't get the clarity of the previous generation or the sub-channels (like 97.1 can also give you 97.1-2, etc).

Sounds like GM got a nice check for using Google services and ignored what was great about the previous infotainment features. I hope future updates make it better.
I completely agree with the audio tab…that tiny drop down is beyond annoying.

The gauge cluster is fully customizable. You don't have to have the truck in the tack area. There's a lot of combinations and styles.
Oh of course. This is just a missed small detail by GM. It would be cool to have a color matched ZR2 on the dash!

I agree. Here's mine, which shows a little bit of customization
924386E5-8AA6-4ACF-BCAA-F796389EDDDC.jpeg

Thicker steering wheel.
The windshield wiper rotation wheel is too small.
I don't like the electronic shifter.

Regarding the shifter. I was thinking about it. The column shifter would stick out into the view of the infotainment system. Makes sense to have it on the console to me.

I like the console over column, just not the way it operates. I find myself automatically shifting it up to park and being in reverse.. then having to lift my hand to press the park button.

I’ll also add that not being able to fwd the next song from the steering wheel and having to use the touchscreen annoying. And apparently I can’t use voice command to call someone while connected to Apple Play.

I have none of those issues. I use the steering wheel to change songs everyday, and I can call people like you could with the previous gen.

Interesting. I’ll pull out the manual and see what I’m missing. Thanks for the reply.

I have none of those issues. I use the steering wheel to change songs everyday, and I can call people like you could with the previous gen.
I can switch songs from the steering wheel and call but not if using Apple CarPlay. Are you using CarPlay?

I agree with you on the Bose. My 2020 RST sounded wayyyyy better! Of course, the speakers were bigger to. THe redesigned dash doesn't allow for the bigger speakers.
I too hate all the Google Play crap. I was able to rearrange things on my RST. I haven't played iwth this one enough to see if i can rearrange it to not show all that.

I like the console over column, just not the way it operates. I find myself automatically shifting it up to park and being in reverse.. then having to lift my hand to press the park button.

I’ll also add that not being able to fwd the next song from the steering wheel and having to use the touchscreen annoying. And apparently I can’t use voice command to call someone while connected to Apple Play.
I don't have these issues. Maybe it is something in your settings...

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back