Owner Questions / Issues

I got my truck in April. I was told by the dealer that I would be contacted by GM for the retrofit items. Haven’t heard anything yet so I wanted to see if anyone else has?

Im missing heated steering wheel, rear wheel well liners, parking sensors, and lane keep assist.

Kind of a pisser about the wheel liners, mine are felt and I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to be or if that was a stop gap measure.
My wheel liners won’t stay in place and keep rubbing when I turn the wheel all the way right or left in forward and reverse.

As an addendum to my previous statements. I really dislike the infotainment being driven by this messy Android Automotive OS. It's a significantly more sluggish experience and the audio portion is a mess. Click on the music note icon and it doesn't take you to the audio main menu, it takes you to what you are ALREADY looking at. That doesn't make sense to me. You have to click on the small drop down in the upper left of the screen to get to the sources. Additionally, it isn't HD radio compatible. You don't get the clarity of the previous generation or the sub-channels (like 97.1 can also give you 97.1-2, etc).

Sounds like GM got a nice check for using Google services and ignored what was great about the previous infotainment features. I hope future updates make it better.
The bottom line for gm is make money, so picking less than great options is common place, make more money…
Welcome to the New Americas vehicle producers.

I got my truck in April. I was told by the dealer that I would be contacted by GM for the retrofit items. Haven’t heard anything yet so I wanted to see if anyone else has?

Im missing heated steering wheel, rear wheel well liners, parking sensors, and lane keep assist.
You need to contact you dealership and climb up there a— .
Thats also the the new America service standard, being proactive to the customers needs or known issues, It Doesn’t Happen!

I noticed that if I’m running the air conditioning it almost never goes into auto stop. No air with windows down it’s pretty reliable to turn off at the stop lights. Not sure why it doesn’t like to go into auto stop with the air running.
That's by design, when the engine is working, typically on hot days, and AC is running hard, the Auto Stop will not engage.

I get so frustrated with the tech in the ZR2. The screens are laggy and buggy, the forward collision system does not work when it is cold, the adaptive cruise system is clunky and unusable, wireless charging charges incredibly slow, steering wheel creaks (every GM product I have ever owned does this), A pillar grab handles are loose, cameras are laggy, and the fact that I have to dismiss the notification about connected services and syncing my contacts every time I get in the truck is immensely annoying.

I get so frustrated with the tech in the ZR2. The screens are laggy and buggy, the forward collision system does not work when it is cold, the adaptive cruise system is clunky and unusable, wireless charging charges incredibly slow, steering wheel creaks (every GM product I have ever owned does this), A pillar grab handles are loose, cameras are laggy, and the fact that I have to dismiss the notification about connected services and syncing my contacts every time I get in the truck is immensely annoying.
Sell it

i can get on board with the dismissal of the connected services / syncing contacts, it's a bit ridiculous but haven't researched if I can actually dismiss for good or not...but agree it should just be once/done. I've experienced an occasional laggy screen but generally speaking mine have been pretty solid. I don't use the adaptive cruise, i simply don't appreciate that tech in general so can't comment there. Wireless charging is slow but not sure it's a point of serious frustration for me personally...my '16 wireless charging quit working altogether so I guess I fall into the camp of something is better than nothing. The carmeras have actually been a huge win for me, they've been great. hope you can get it ironed out, I've been really enjoying this truck

i can get on board with the dismissal of the connected services / syncing contacts, it's a bit ridiculous but haven't researched if I can actually dismiss for good or not...but agree it should just be once/done. I've experienced an occasional laggy screen but generally speaking mine have been pretty solid. I don't use the adaptive cruise, i simply don't appreciate that tech in general so can't comment there. Wireless charging is slow but not sure it's a point of serious frustration for me personally...my '16 wireless charging quit working altogether so I guess I fall into the camp of something is better than nothing. The carmeras have actually been a huge win for me, they've been great. hope you can get it ironed out, I've been really enjoying this truck
Aside from all of my complaints, I still like the truck. I just wish GM would pay more attention to detail on their high end trucks. I have addressed a few of these things with my local dealer and they do not seem interested in even looking at it

Reactions: AXE
Aside from all of my complaints, I still like the truck. I just wish GM would pay more attention to detail on their high end trucks. I have addressed a few of these things with my local dealer and they do not seem interested in even looking at it
Doesn't sound like you like the truck! See if Ram can do better for $110,000!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back