Owner Questions / Issues

From CAR and Driver:

Welcome Lights​

Included in the ZR2-specific front fascia are these wing-shaped daytime running lights that have been updated with an animated lighting sequence on approach and exit. This feature is available on 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT trims and above, but the ZR2 is the only model that gets the extra LED light crumbs on the grille.

Mine just sits there?

I see it now, it is when I get in and out of truck, not on approach and exit.

Question for owners. Are the backup lights the only halogen bulbs that need to be replaced? Want to square that up asap.
I have wondered if the halogen allow for a better camera view? LED color effect the cameras???

Has anyone added the subwwoofer yet? Thoughts?

My biggest gripe I’ve seen (as mine is still due to be built) Is the half ass attempt in the main gauge Cluster..

Z71 trucks have their own splash animation as does the high country. Considering this truck is almost 10 grand more then a high country, you would think it would have its own Animation.

But the biggest one for me is the non-matching high country in light silver on the tachometer. Really GM?
agree

Last edited:
Can someone with a ZR2 confirm the ZR2 does not include "Sport" drive mode? I'm curious whether the Trail boss/AT4 have the "Sport" mode option? I believe I've read the ZR2/AT4x do not but TB/at4 do and was curious why one does and the other doesn't. I've driven an LTZ with Sport mode and it's pretty fun.

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not buying a ZR2 for startup animations or stitched emblems.
Me either, I’m buying it for the spool-valve shock. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want startup animations and stitched emblems that look like a lot of time and care was taken in making them awesome down to the last detail.

1. The Bose doesn't feel like a premium radio, but it's better than stock
  2. I hate all the Google crap on there, so I moved them off the main screen. Wish I could replace the Google map on the right side with another version. The small notification keeps telling me to finish setting up my account, but I refuse to log into anything Google, thus keeping the notification always there. (Android auto is not my first choice - as I find is sluggish compared to straight up Carplay)
  3. The Goodyear Wranglers don't feel quite right, but they are brand new.
  4. I'm 6'4" and I could use just a slightly higher tilt on the wheel. It's not a big deal, but I do miss the range from my 2014.

Those are minor things. Everything else is top notch and exceeds my expectations. It's definitely next level. People stare at it, and I've had several conversations with people asking all about it. I could not go back to anything else after this.
I had the dealer add a sub to mine while it was in getting the collision avoidence fixed and it now sounds alot better. Definately worth the money even though I think it should be included in with the premium radio.

P.S. It's in the shop again because of collision avoidence....

I had the dealer add a sub to mine while it was in getting the collision avoidence fixed and it now sounds alot better. Definately worth the money even though I think it should be included in with the premium radio.

P.S. It's in the shop again because of collision avoidence....
What is the problem? I have to unhook the battery to reset mine.

Can someone with a ZR2 confirm the ZR2 does not include "Sport" drive mode? I'm curious whether the Trail boss/AT4 have the "Sport" mode option? I believe I've read the ZR2/AT4x do not but TB/at4 do and was curious why one does and the other doesn't. I've driven an LTZ with Sport mode and it's pretty fun.
The ZR2 does not have it. I had it in my RST and def miss it.

What is the problem? I have to unhook the battery to reset mine.
Don't know yet, still at the dealer.
Keeps having faults with frontal collision avoidence.
Last time after they "fixed it" it lasted the trip from the dealer to work. They described the problem with factory lock or something along those lines.

I will second anyone that says the Bose sound system isn’t as good as it was on the LTD models. Mostly lacking in bass and a just overall volume. Thats my only issue so far. Might put the kicker sub in.

When we get near 100 degrees hear in Texas, back of my steering wheel rubs on column

I've seen a number of buyer photos where the wheel liner on the rear is missing, is this intended or an oversight?

I've seen a number of buyer photos where the wheel liner on the rear is missing, is this intended or an oversight?
supplier issue, cutting supplies where they can. Supposedly it may be retrofitted once supply issue is resolved but who knows

Some of them are shipping with missing parts/features due to supply issues. You might see some without heated seats or heated steering wheel, wheel liners, or in my case the parking sensors.

Some of these things will be retro fitted later once they can get the chips for them, but in the case of the wheel liners Chevrolet simply offers a $150 discount off MSRP and it’s up to the customer to buy their own.

Kind of a pisser about the wheel liners, mine are felt and I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to be or if that was a stop gap measure.

Most Member Reactions

Back