Owner Questions / Issues

Kind of a pisser about the wheel liners, mine are felt and I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to be or if that was a stop gap measure.
Whenever the dealership gets them in they suppose to install them. In the meantime I sprayed black rubberized undercoating on mine and now it's hard to tell the difference.

Whenever the dealership gets them in they suppose to install them. In the meantime I sprayed black rubberized undercoating on mine and now it's hard to tell the difference.
That's a great idea!

Kind of a pisser about the wheel liners, mine are felt and I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to be or if that was a stop gap measure.
I got my rear wheel liners from Race Consulting Agency (Garage): They were half the price of other Husky dealers and came in 3 days. Took 10 minutes to install and much easier to clean than factory and look good. I have them on my other trucks too.
ProductQuantityPrice
Husky Liners 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Black Rear Wheel Well Guards, 790611$80.99
Subtotal:$80.99
Shipping:$5.00 via Flat Rate Ground Shipping
Tax:$0.00
Payment method:Amazon Pay
Total:$85.99

Anyone put regular in the tank in a pinch or for your preference? Any noticeable difference(yes, I understand premature detonation)?

Anyone put regular in the tank in a pinch or for your preference? Any noticeable difference(yes, I understand premature detonation)?
Previous to my ZR2 I had a trail boss with the 6.2. Only ever put regular in it and never had a single issue. GM recommends using premium, but they also say regular is fine (I believe this can be found in the owners manual but I haven’t had a chance to look). I think with modern tech the engine is able to compensate for the lack of compression and run smoothly. I will continue to put regular into my ZR2, at least until gas becomes reasonable again (if that ever happens).

Here’s link to a forum where this was being discussed.

Previous to my ZR2 I had a trail boss with the 6.2. Only ever put regular in it and never had a single issue. GM recommends using premium, but they also say regular is fine (I believe this can be found in the owners manual but I haven’t had a chance to look). I think with modern tech the engine is able to compensate for the lack of compression and run smoothly. I will continue to put regular into my ZR2, at least until gas becomes reasonable again (if that ever happens).

Here’s link to a forum where this was being discussed.

Thanks, brother. Been hemming about this for a bit.

I got my rear wheel liners from Race Consulting Agency (Garage): They were half the price of other Husky dealers and came in 3 days. Took 10 minutes to install and much easier to clean than factory and look good. I have them on my other trucks too.
ProductQuantityPrice
Husky Liners 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Black Rear Wheel Well Guards, 790611$80.99
Subtotal:$80.99
Shipping:$5.00 via Flat Rate Ground Shipping
Tax:$0.00
Payment method:Amazon Pay
Total:$85.99
Thanks!

I have a '14 gmc with the 6.2 and i was putting premium in it until this fuel went nuts (FJB) been putting regular in since and no issues.

One of the other managers here puts 87 in his 6.2 and hasn't had any issues. I'm running 89 now but I'll do 87 if gas jumps crazy high this summer.

One of the other managers here puts 87 in his 6.2 and hasn't had any issues. I'm running 89 now but I'll do 87 if gas jumps crazy high this summer.
It's over $5 here. That's already crazy to me. Each fill up is brutal...

On my FB ZR2 group, I noticed that a couple of people were having issues with their Auto Stop not working. A few days after, I noticed mine ain’t working at all anymore. Has anyone had this issue? Software issue maybe?

On my FB ZR2 group, I noticed that a couple of people were having issues with their Auto Stop not working. A few days after, I noticed mine ain’t working at all anymore. Has anyone had this issue? Software issue maybe?
I noticed that if I’m running the air conditioning it almost never goes into auto stop. No air with windows down it’s pretty reliable to turn off at the stop lights. Not sure why it doesn’t like to go into auto stop with the air running.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back