Owner Questions / Issues

Anyone know where the SD card is located?

I noticed that if I’m running the air conditioning it almost never goes into auto stop. No air with windows down it’s pretty reliable to turn off at the stop lights. Not sure why it doesn’t like to go into auto stop with the air running.
Load on the electrical system

I had the dealer add a sub to mine while it was in getting the collision avoidence fixed and it now sounds alot better. Definately worth the money even though I think it should be included in with the premium radio.

P.S. It's in the shop again because of collision avoidence....
curious where does the sub sit when installed? Under back seat? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220521_114608.jpg
    20220521_114608.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 167
Noticed my auto stop start doesn’t engage either. Worked the day I brought it home. Nothing since. Doesn’t stop even with the air off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, had a system electrical box (in the photo) fall out of my dash and get stuck under my brake pedal. Luckily I was able to get it out and snap it back into place and didn’t need to brake at the time. This truck hasn’t been off road yet so no idea how this happened. Other than that no issues so far.

Attachments

• 56922489-C92C-4D07-9C3C-6A4CE6582190.jpeg
    56922489-C92C-4D07-9C3C-6A4CE6582190.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 119
Noticed my auto stop start doesn’t engage either. Worked the day I brought it home. Nothing since. Doesn’t stop even with the air off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, had a system electrical box (in the photo) fall out of my dash and get stuck under my brake pedal. Luckily I was able to get it out and snap it back into place and didn’t need to brake at the time. This truck hasn’t been off road yet so no idea how this happened. Other than that no issues so far.
Same happened to me with the box. Pushed it back in the plastic bracket.

out of curiosity, what is a "decent chunk of change"?
about 200+taxes before purchase price. I have done a/v for vehicles for over a decade, so if this is a plug and play kit I'm just gonna forego the expense.

about 200+taxes before purchase price. I have done a/v for vehicles for over a decade, so if this is a plug and play kit I'm just gonna forego the expense.
Interesting. My dealer sent me a link to a page that has the parts price and an installed price. Parts price is: $1279; Installed Price: $1376. Note, this is for the version of the product with an amp, not just a sub.

I've also been looking at this. I need to reach out to the manufacture to see if it fits the new model year. Price is getting up there, and would need to purchase an amp 🤷‍♂️...

Interesting. My dealer sent me a link to a page that has the parts price and an installed price. Parts price is: $1279; Installed Price: $1376. Note, this is for the version of the product with an amp, not just a sub.

I've also been looking at this. I need to reach out to the manufacture to see if it fits the new model year. Price is getting up there, and would need to purchase an amp 🤷‍♂️...
I'm pretty sure this is what he has:

Honestly mine has the same problem I’m gonna take to dealer if not this week next week to have it checked
Out.

same I’m gonna take it in this week if not next week.
Before I bring my truck in to get looked at over this issue, did anyone ever find a resolution to the blurry rear wheel cam problem?

After three weeks, my complaints:

1. The paint quality is not great. Already chipping under the embarrassingly non-functional hood “scoop?” On that note, I cannot wait for the aftermarket to come out with a functional hood!

2. Is there some dome light I’m not seeing and that I’ve inadvertently turned off? The cabin is barely light enough to see in when I get in or out at night. Maybe it’s me.

3. I thought the steering wheel was too thin at first, but now I’m used to it. Still, I may wrap it with tennis-racquet grip to make it better. Not a plush wheel. But I love the controls, and everything is pretty easy to navigate.

4. The stereo is run of the mill. The Raptor stereo is even worse, and the TRX stereo is nothing to write home about. In 2020, I bought a new Mercedes G-class, with the upgraded Burmester system — even that was weak. These big carmakers don’t care about high fidelity.

5. The little ledge on the left where I rest my elbow, kind of like the driver’s side windowsill?, it’s already got a permanent indentation from my elbow. It’s only been three weeks!

6. Speaking of only three weeks, these systems do not work in my truck anymore: front-end collision warning, lane-keep assist, automatic headlights, and cruise control. These are important safety features, so I hope they can fix…

7. The dash is pretty sweet, and I like the way the system works, but it’s very slow to start up and operate. And the Google Siri, whatever it’s called, is hit-or-miss. Now I’m going to have to pay a monthly fee for that sh*t? Not cool.

I actually really love this truck, though. Mostly I like the power plant — I don’t need 700hp in a truck, but I do need a big-inch V8. The thing is pretty damn responsive and the suspension is pretty trick.

The interior looks amazing and it’s is so damn comfy in the cabin. The UX is really top-of-the-line in this segment, as is the layout, IMO. And it is gorgeous! Especially in Glacier Blue.

I don’t even care about not having 35’s as much as I thought I would. These wheels and tires work for me. (But it is thirsty AF.)

My biggest gripe I’ve seen (as mine is still due to be built) Is the half ass attempt in the main gauge Cluster..

Z71 trucks have their own splash animation as does the high country. Considering this truck is almost 10 grand more then a high country, you would think it would have its own Animation.

But the biggest one for me is the non-matching high country in light silver on the tachometer. Really GM?
I agree 100%... Is it really that hard to have your trim level and color displayed on your tac? That and a ZR2 animation would make the ownership experience much better.

Is it normal for it to automatically engage the parking brake if you put it in park on any incline at all?

Is it normal for it to automatically engage the parking brake if you put it in park on any incline at all?
Yes, it will engage if you park on an incline. My F150s and the Expedition I traded in to run away from Ford did the same thing.

Before I bring my truck in to get looked at over this issue, did anyone ever find a resolution to the blurry rear wheel cam problem?
It's not an issue. It's zoomed in to give the same position as the front view. There is no "fixing it".

It's not an issue. It's zoomed in to give the same position as the front view. There is no "fixing it".
Gotcha. It just looked do bad compared to the rest that I thought it had to be wrong.

Most Member Reactions

Back