Pass thru bowtie "chrome" delete

They buy our recyclable plastic for pennies, then make shit for us and charge hundreds!

#ChiNa
honestly did not know that. i could have purchased china knock offs on ebay for third of price. complete black badge were $220 plus $15 shipping.

Reactions: AXE
I just plasti dipped mine last week, I think it came out good!
Looks really good Eczr2! I swapped out the chrome badges this past weekend and need to tackle the Bowties next. Think I am going to do exactly what you did, all Black on back and black and red on front.

How has the plastidip held up since you have done it? Any tips for separating the chrome and red on the flowtie?

Looks really good Eczr2! I swapped out the chrome badges this past weekend and need to tackle the Bowties next. Think I am going to do exactly what you did, all Black on back and black and red on front.

How has the plastidip held up since you have done it? Any tips for separating the chrome and red on the flowtie?

Plastic dip holds up great. Make sure you have a clean surface. Spray the entire flowtie. You can peel the plasti dip from the red. Masking only the areas outside the flowtie. Two light coats and two medium wet coats. Push plastic bags behind the grill so you don't spray radiator.

Lol, Old thread got resurrected. FWIW I did the same treatment to my HD bowtie. It comes off basically the same way even though it's a fake flowtide.
20231228_115259.jpg
20240413_120714.jpg

Did you simply pry it off? Is that double face tape holding it?
Both the 1500 and the 2500 bowties have plastic tabs holding them on. You can see them in the photo. I just pryed mine off with plastic pry bars. Just kind of work your way around it one side at a time.

Most Member Reactions

Back