Quality is Job 1........ Sometimes

AXE

Reaction score
At least Ford is admitting they put out shit products and force their customers to deal with the problems on their overpriced rigs. Changed their bonus pay system in response.

GM just brags about record revenue and stock prices while continuing to put out shit products and raising prices on the backs of customers.

At least its better than Boeing! Lol...
Boeing also stood up and said we have become a shit company and we're gonna fix it. Except that's the second time in 4 years and the last time they were killing people.

Seems easier not to become s shit company when you have a monopoly, but I'll give them credit for admitting they have to make meaningful changes......... we'll see if DEI remains Job 1.

Last edited:
Boeing also stood up and said we have become a shit company and we're gonna fix it. It that's the second time in 4 years and the last rime they were killing people.

Seems easier not to become s shit company when you have a monopoly, but I'll give them credit for admitting they have to make meaningful changes......... we'll see if DEI remains Job 1.
Problem is, is that when Boeing screws up, people die. We are just left on the side of the road or just aggravated.

Problem is, is that when Boeing screws up, people die. We are just left on the side of the road or just aggravated.
There's a few folks on here that said they were close to getting wrecked when there ZR2s powered down in traffic. Air travel is way safer than driving with a high % of the drivers being shitty.

At least Ford is admitting they put out shit products and force their customers to deal with the problems on their overpriced rigs. Changed their bonus pay system in response.

GM just brags about record revenue and stock prices while continuing to put out shit products and raising prices on the backs of customers.

Unless Ford is giving back some money as a consolation, what is the point of ranting. 🤔

It will not help them but will help people to stay away. But loyalists will still buy even if it is shitty product. 😀 and Ford knows that.

Maybe it's about what you think quality should be. I'm old enough to remember when if someone got 100k out of their rig that was bragging rights. now if you have any issues before 100k you pizz and moan like a baby. and that was when high tech was an 8 track and emissions was a PCV valve. given everything these rigs have today and all the restrictions and requirements imposed I think they do pretty damn good. granted they cost a ton of money and they should, but for the most part they do.

I own a '22 Ford powerjoke, '23 TRX and now a '24 ZR2 , along with a bunch of older stuff. all 3 of these rigs exceed my expectations and so far I've had ZERO issues with any of them. granted the ZR2 only has 1000 miles so that's not much of a test.

I also bought extended warranties on the gas rigs for around $1800 that cover anything I need to worry about for years. if these rigs were really the junk some people say they are there's no way in hell that would happen. they're not in business to lose money. I'm pretty damn happy with all 3, but I own a business that runs a lot of iron so my expectations are realistic and fair.

Maybe it's about what you think quality should be. I'm old enough to remember when if someone got 100k out of their rig that was bragging rights. now if you have any issues before 100k you pizz and moan like a baby. and that was when high tech was an 8 track and emissions was a PCV valve. given everything these rigs have today and all the restrictions and requirements imposed I think they do pretty damn good. granted they cost a ton of money and they should, but for the most part they do.

I own a '22 Ford powerjoke, '23 TRX and now a '24 ZR2 , along with a bunch of older stuff. all 3 of these rigs exceed my expectations and so far I've had ZERO issues with any of them. granted the ZR2 only has 1000 miles so that's not much of a test.

I also bought extended warranties on the gas rigs for around $1800 that cover anything I need to worry about for years. if these rigs were really the junk some people say they are there's no way in hell that would happen. they're not in business to lose money. I'm pretty damn happy with all 3, but I own a business that runs a lot of iron so my expectations are realistic and fair.
I think it is about Ford admitting and not consumer complaining.

It started as that.

And since they dumped the Navistar engines in 2011 I've had no unreasonable problems with my many Fords. they don't owe me any apologies. that's my point, what is reasonable quality and what is malcontent sniveling?

Please let us know if your ZR2 makes it past 10,000 miles without imploding.

Fords are expensive to work on. And their parts have been backordered. I do not trust Ford. Ford has not fixed several issues, such as the 10 speed. GM at least is trying their level best to sort problems when they arise, and we as customers do not do any help complaining about it.

Fords are expensive to work on. And their parts have been backordered. I do not trust Ford. Ford has not fixed several issues, such as the 10 speed. GM at least is trying their level best to sort problems when they arise, and we as customers do not do any help complaining about it.
Except if you don't complain about it, they assume they are doing a good job. We don't owe them our loyalty, they owe us.

They are producing record profits and doing record stock buybacks. That shows more concern for Wall Street than guys going to work to make a living.

Managers were getting record bonuses, for turning out crap. They burned billions of dollars on an ill conceived and failed EV program. Now they've announced they'll burn another pile of cash on their hybrid electric experiment.

They do all this because they have inflated the price of their ICE vehicles to cover their waste. We are paying an average of 12-20% more for our vehicles to cover their bad business decisions. Then they deliver vehicles with numerous problems, most of which are routine design or execution forced errors.

I've spent $250k+ on new GM vehicles in the last 12 months. I'll tell you everthing good about them and I'll damn well tell you everthing bad about them. I sure as hell won't run cover for these insufferable pricks, while they burn cash and underperform.

Except if you don't complain about it, they assume they are doing a good job. We don't owe them our loyalty, they owe us.

They are producing record profits and doing record stock buybacks. That shows more concern for Wall Street than guys going to work to make a living.

Managers were getting record bonuses, for turning out crap. They burned billions of dollars on an ill conceived and failed EV program. Now they've announced they'll burn another pile of cash on their hybrid electric experiment.

They do all this because they have inflated the price of their ICE vehicles to cover their waste. We are paying an average of 12-20% more for our vehicles to cover their bad business decisions. Then they deliver vehicles with numerous problems, most of which are routine design or execution forced errors.

I've spent $250k+ on new GM vehicles in the last 12 months. I'll tell you everthing good about them and I'll damn well tell you everthing bad about them. I sure as hell won't run cover for these insufferable pricks, while they burn cash and underperform.
Well you should stop wasting money then. As I said, these are not easy times anymore and stop blaming the manufacturers for it. Ford admitting issues does not mean they are good- they still have numerous problems from pursuing technology. At least appreciate that Chevrolet is trying to fix some problems such as tailgate issues.

Vehicles are more and more complex because of Government mandates, not because the manufacturers want them to. I do not think you understand that. I suspect the root cause of disatisfaction also may be is because the customers also do not cooperate with whatever issues come up and try to get it fixed. I sympathize with you but be aware that these are not easy times anymore.

I have seen couple of ZR2s on the road in Qatar and I do not hear much complaints about them.

As I have seen sadly, customers are never satisfied. Do not believe me? Well suit yourself.

Reactions: AXE
i respectfully disagree. im not gonna speak to Ford. why is not complaining to GM help? not sure what you do in Qatar but here in the good ole US of A, there are certain criteria and laws put into place to protect consumers. when buying a new vehicle here, buyers and sellers enter into a contractual agreement. in the buyers case, we are protected from buying crap. if we buy that crap and its not fixed, we can complain about that crap and the seller must fix that crap. i get the impression you think its wrong to complain about that crap. thats how shit gets done here and for the most part things work out. we are protected from woke CEO's like Mary Barra who decided fossil fuel vehicles need not be concerned about. what about GM repairing the faulty lifters and cams with the same faulty parts? you may live your life according to feelings and the sun shining with rainbows and unicorns my friend, but i dont. i exercise my free speach to complain about what i want to complain about. very well said @AXE

i respectfully disagree. im not gonna speak to Ford. why is not complaining to GM help? not sure what you do in Qatar but here in the good ole US of A, there are certain criteria and laws put into place to protect consumers. when buying a new vehicle here, buyers and sellers enter into a contractual agreement. in the buyers case, we are protected from buying crap. if we buy that crap and its not fixed, we can complain about that crap and the seller must fix that crap. i get the impression you think its wrong to complain about that crap. thats how shit gets done here and for the most part things work out. we are protected from woke CEO's like Mary Barra who decided fossil fuel vehicles need not be concerned about. what about GM repairing the faulty lifters and cams with the same faulty parts? you may live your life according to feelings and the sun shining with rainbows and unicorns my friend, but i dont. i exercise my free speach to complain about what i want to complain about. very well said @AXE
You evidently are unwilling to change. That is unfortunately true from your post. Free speech is what is the biggest problem with America. Although I do understand lemon laws, chevrolet is under pressure from the government and the EPA to add things they do not want to, otherwise the cylinder deactivation system would not have been added. It is also evident from a consumer that if a vehicle is defective then do not buy it but instead wait for the bugs to be worked out. A used vehicle with the bugs worked out would have been a better choice. What model year is your ZR2 by the way? That may explain the situation better? 2022 or 2023?

As for the lifter failures, most of them are caused by abuse or neglect. GM knows the true extent of lifter failures which either you or I do not know and stop blaming them. If your justification is to buy a Toyota Tundra or another Japanese/Korean brand , then sorry- they also have their own serious problems.

Last edited:
You evidently are unwilling to change. That is unfortunately true from your post. Free speech is what is the biggest problem with America. Although I do understand lemon laws, chevrolet is under pressure from the government and the EPA to add things they do not want to, otherwise the cylinder deactivation system would not have been added. It is also evident from a consumer that if a vehicle is defective then do not buy it but instead wait for the bugs to be worked out. A used vehicle with the bugs worked out would have been a better bet. What model year is your ZR2 by the way? That may explain the situation better? 2022 or 2023?

As for the lifter failures, most of them are caused by abuse or neglect. GM knows the true extent of lifter failures which either you or I do not know and stop blaming them. If your justification is to buy a Toyota Tundra or another Japanese/Korean brand , then sorry- they also have their own serious problems.
👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 2022 and lifter failure is not from abuse and neglect. known faulty parts are the cause. you are wrong. GM knows there is a problem and they are being sued. a class action lawsuit is in the works with several cases going to arbitration. you really dont know what you are talking about and should not comment as matters of fact. did you see what i did there??? ....

Really? In Qatar I hear not many complaining about the problem. There is obviously something wrong which you do not want to admit. The class action lawsuit has not proceeded, which means that the rate is small relative to the vast number sold. Yes there was a defective batch between 2021 and 2022 however, but this is not the 90% failure rate it is made to be.

You think the failure rate is 50%? No. I disagree fully . I am aware about all that you said, but as such they will fix it by 2026 or so. If your aim is to praise a Toyota Tundra- sorry, that also has problems.

Downvote all you want. I do not care.
👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 2022 and lifter failure is not from abuse and neglect. known faulty parts are the cause. you are wrong. GM knows there is a problem and they are being sued. a class action lawsuit is in the works with several cases going to arbitration. you really dont know what you are talking about and should not comment as matters of fact. did you see what i did there??? ....

Most Member Reactions

Back