Quality is Job 1........ Sometimes

Whose lecturing? Do you truly understand what freedom of speech is??? Not sure based on your "lecturing" comment above ;)
I understand what free speech is. However, from my viewpoint there are limits on free speech. As in, you cannot go and tell someone (example, a GCC National (people who are citizens of the Middle East), about the fact that their trucks will be guaranteed to have problems with the lifters.

I understand what free speech is. However, from my viewpoint there are limits on free speech. As in, you cannot go and tell someone (example, a GCC National (people who are citizens of the Middle East), about the fact that their trucks will be guaranteed to have problems with the lifters.
Free speech means you can say whatever you want. No one is telling you that you have to believe what they say, but they can say it. Once you start telling people what they can and cannot say, then it's no longer "free speech". Will everyone have lifter problems? Absolutely not...maybe you are taking things to literally my friend.....

Free speech means you can say whatever you want. No one is telling you that you have to believe what they say, but they can say it. Once you start telling people what they can and cannot say, then it's no longer "free speech". Will everyone have lifter problems? Absolutely not...maybe you are taking things to literally my friend.....
I agree with you with regards to the lifters. The rest is up to your judgement. Thank you very much for your input and have a nice day sir.

Really? In Qatar I hear not many complaining about the problem. There is obviously something wrong which you do not want to admit. The class action lawsuit has not proceeded, which means that the rate is small relative to the vast number sold. Yes there was a defective batch between 2021 and 2022 however, but this is not the 90% failure rate it is made to be.

You think the failure rate is 50%? No. I disagree fully . I am aware about all that you said, but as such they will fix it by 2026 or so. If your aim is to praise a Toyota Tundra- sorry, that also has problems.

Downvote all you want. I do not care.
im gonna speak for myself. all of your references as far as stats and toyota are bizarre. i never mentioned toyota. you have an agenda that i dont care about. my initial comment was basically referring to another member complaining and your issue with it. not too many ZR2 forums in Qatar i bet.

Well you should stop wasting money then. As I said, these are not easy times anymore and stop blaming the manufacturers for it. Ford admitting issues does not mean they are good- they still have numerous problems from pursuing technology. At least appreciate that Chevrolet is trying to fix some problems such as tailgate issues.

Vehicles are more and more complex because of Government mandates, not because the manufacturers want them to. I do not think you understand that. I suspect the root cause of disatisfaction also may be is because the customers also do not cooperate with whatever issues come up and try to get it fixed. I sympathize with you but be aware that these are not easy times anymore.

I have seen couple of ZR2s on the road in Qatar and I do not hear much complaints about them.

As I have seen sadly, customers are never satisfied. Do not believe me? Well suit yourself.
I've been driving them since 1987, with any luck I'll be driving them in 2037. I could count the problems I've had one one hand prior to this last year. Now I've run out of fingers and toes to count with. There's no excuse for putting out products where you've prioritized profits over reliability. Especially when you went from 5 year 100k warranties to 3 years.

I've been in these forums since about 1998 when I was using AOL and a 14.4k modem to surf message boards about my 1997 S10 ZR2. I've never seen so many problems with trucks as I have in these 22+ rigs. Never seen so many rigs get towed to a dealer for a bad FPCM, spun cranks, bricked ECM, bad lifters. All forced errors.

You wanna give GM the reach around, feel free to do it! I have higher expectations and I'm not gonna blame the government for forced errors. I'm simply gonna call balls and strikes, then demand better.

Last edited:
i respectfully disagree. im not gonna speak to Ford. why is not complaining to GM help? not sure what you do in Qatar but here in the good ole US of A, there are certain criteria and laws put into place to protect consumers. when buying a new vehicle here, buyers and sellers enter into a contractual agreement. in the buyers case, we are protected from buying crap. if we buy that crap and its not fixed, we can complain about that crap and the seller must fix that crap. i get the impression you think its wrong to complain about that crap. thats how shit gets done here and for the most part things work out. we are protected from woke CEO's like Mary Barra who decided fossil fuel vehicles need not be concerned about. what about GM repairing the faulty lifters and cams with the same faulty parts? you may live your life according to feelings and the sun shining with rainbows and unicorns my friend, but i dont. i exercise my free speach to complain about what i want to complain about. very well said @AXE
It's as though I wrote this myself.......LMFAO.

I've loved all my GM trucks. I damn well expect them to be reliable cause they always have been.

Really? In Qatar I hear not many complaining about the problem. There is obviously something wrong which you do not want to admit. The class action lawsuit has not proceeded, which means that the rate is small relative to the vast number sold. Yes there was a defective batch between 2021 and 2022 however, but this is not the 90% failure rate it is made to be.

You think the failure rate is 50%? No. I disagree fully . I am aware about all that you said, but as such they will fix it by 2026 or so. If your aim is to praise a Toyota Tundra- sorry, that also has problems.

Downvote all you want. I do not care.
You're a testy little cuss aren't you?

So far you haven't offered any meaningful input. Most of us on here with an issue or complaint try to get it resolved and help others just the same. I don't really care if someone complains about a problem. I do have some empathy for them and try to offer help when I can.

So I'll offer you this help. Lighten up and enjoy all this forum has to offer. There's a great deal of good people and knowledge being shared daily. We welcome everyone, even if they have a complaint. We've heard your complaint, now we can move on.

What else is happening in Qatar truck scene?

You're a testy little cuss aren't you?

So far you haven't offered any meaningful input. Most of us on here with an issue or complaint try to get it resolved and help others just the same. I don't really care if someone complains about a problem. I do have some empathy for them and try to offer help when I can.

So I'll offer you this help. Lighten up and enjoy all this forum has to offer. There's a great deal of good people and knowledge being shared daily. We welcome everyone, even if they have a complaint. We've heard your complaint, now we can move on.

What else is happening in Qatar truck scene?
Nobody is on the forums in Qatar or the Middle East complaining about their trucks.
Well, personally, as good as your offer about forums is, I would unfortunately have to cut it down. Forums are a source of anxiety for some.

How many potential ZR2 owners would be turned away due to lifter failure? And how much do you think is the real percentage of lifter issues?

I've been driving them since 1987, with any luck I'll be driving them in 2037. I could count the problems I've had one one hand prior to this last year. Now I've run out of fingers and toes to count with. There's no excuse for putting out products where you've prioritized profits over reliability. Especially when you went from 5 year 100k warranties to 3 years.

I've been in these forums since about 1998 when I was using AOL and a 14.4k modem to surf message boards about my 1997 S10 ZR2. I've never seen so many problems with trucks as I have in these 22+ rigs. Never seen so many rigs get towed to a dealer for a bad FPCM, spun cranks, bricked ECM, bad lifters. All forced errors.

You wanna give GM the reach around, feel free to do it! I have higher expectations and I'm not gonna blame the government for forced errors. I'm simply gonna call balls and strikes, then demand better.
Well they will not listen. It will keep selling. These issues may go away by 2026 or 2027. With the EPA and the stupid Government, we have to tolerate them.

im gonna speak for myself. all of your references as far as stats and toyota are bizarre. i never mentioned toyota. you have an agenda that i dont care about. my initial comment was basically referring to another member complaining and your issue with it. not too many ZR2 forums in Qatar i bet.
I have a question. What percentage of trucks do you think have lifter issues?

Don't hold your breathe! The next generation will have its own set of issues that may dwarf the current generational issues. And so it continues........................................
They will be at an acceptable level at which the trucks would be sold in high numbers.

Most Member Reactions

Back