Range Technology Beta Testing

bruss

Reaction score
Found this while browsing Facebook this morning. Who here is close to Ogden UT?

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 127
As soon as it becomes available I'm on it like a hornet ! Oh and or a tuner to turn off this 98 mile per hour shut down.....!!
I am hoping that when they finally break into the ECM, we will have an option to adjust that. I will be really let down if all they can do is disable DFM by plugging the dongle into the OBD2 port. With all the work it is taking to break these, they better have an all in one device.

I am hoping that when they finally break into the ECM, we will have an option to adjust that. I will be really let down if all they can do is disable DFM by plugging the dongle into the OBD2 port. With all the work it is taking to break these, they better have an all in one device.
rumor has it you can disable DFM by driving in L9. even when and if someone can crack ECM, we all still have faulty DFM parts.

100% correct. The parts are in the engine. Whether DFM is engaged or not, it won't prevent the lifter failures.
Not many lifter failures as of late. More miles getting piled up on these rigs. Not sure it creates more risk as they get older, but it seems like most failures are early in vehicle life.

Not many lifter failures as of late. More miles getting piled up on these rigs. Not sure it creates more risk as they get older, but it seems like most failures are early in vehicle life.
Yes, the DFM refreshed models seem to fail earlier if they are going to, than the older MODS motors. But you are right as I haven't seen many lately. Maybe GM has improved the components inside the engine?? I would guess if GM is going to continue with this DFM platform they should continue to improve the problem areas.

I don't think the failure rate is as bad as people are making it out to be. Prime example: How many times do you go on Facebook or leave a Google review when you have a good experience vs when you have a terrible one? The general public feed off of sharing their bad experiences to make them feel better about themselves. Ford and Ram have their own slew of issues too.

I purchased my truck CPO. First owner lost the engine at 5900 miles and didn't want to wait 3 months for a repair so he sold it back to the dealer to get something different. I purchased it with 5914. Just rolled over 13k and am happy with my purchase. Had one other issue with the starter and a fuel injector but it was all covered under warranty. Anything you buy will most likely have some sort of issues along the way.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I hope what ever they come out with is an "all-in-one" device. If its just the dongle the deactivates the DFM, ill probably not waste the money. I am looking for something that can adjust speed limiter, tire pressure light, speedo calibration, throttle sensitivity, auto start/stop, etc. Something similar to the Diablosport, SCT Performance X4, or Pulsar XT.

If you go on Reddit, there's a lot more failures because it represents a larger group of failures across many vehicle platforms including 5.3L and 6.2L.

To be sure, GM screwed the pooch on an otherwise bulletproof motor. Then they leveraged the consumer further by making them wait and jump through hoops to get it resolved.

If you have a motor failure under warranty, GM customer service should be sending you a list of vehicles within 50 miles of you to choose a replacement at their expense. You should be driving again in 24-48 hours.

Last edited:
If you go on Reddit, there's a lot more failures because it represents a larger group of of failures across many vehicle platforms including 5.3L and 6.2L.

To be sure, GM screwed the pooch on an otherwise bulletproof motor. Then they leveraged the consumer further by making them wait and jump through hoops to get it resolved.

If you have a motor failure under warranty, GM customer service should be sending you a list of vehicles within 50 miles of you to choose a replacement at their expense. You should be driving again in 24-48 hours.
👍👍🤘🤘👊👊

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back