Removed rear resonator on Borla S-type.

Diesel328

Founding Member
Reaction score
So I had a section of 3.5" t-304 stainless from my 21 trail boss muffler swap, and I thought, why not put it to good use. I took it to my local muffler shop and they bumped up one end to slip over.
Don't get me wrong the s-type sounded great, but I wanted a little more sound, and I didn't feel like shelling out another 200 bucks for the polyphonic harmonizer. The cold start seems very similar (rowdy to say the least) but the idle is louder and deeper. You can hear it idle now in the truck. The interior sound is more prevalent for sure but not obnoxious in the least. There is still absolutely zero drone and I mean zero! When you get on it, she roars! I will try post up some videos this weekend.
20220930_145055.jpg
20220930_145801.jpg

I’m still watching that Borla touring video in my head and now you’re all the way up to Atak! Lol

Looking forward to the clips.

So I had a section of 3.5" t-304 stainless from my 21 trail boss muffler swap, and I thought, why not put it to good use. I took it to my local muffler shop and they bumped up one end to slip over.
Don't get me wrong the s-type sounded great, but I wanted a little more sound, and I didn't feel like shelling out another 200 bucks for the polyphonic harmonizer. The cold start seems very similar (rowdy to say the least) but the idle is louder and deeper. You can hear it idle now in the truck. The interior sound is more prevalent for sure but not obnoxious in the least. There is still absolutely zero drone and I mean zero! When you get on it, she roars! I will try post up some videos this weekend. View attachment 860View attachment 861
Was wondering if I should have done this?? love to hear the clips as well

Don't get me wrong the s-type sounded great, but I wanted a little more sound, and I didn't feel like shelling out another 200 bucks for the polyphonic harmonizer. The cold start seems very similar (rowdy to say the least) but the idle is louder and deeper. You can hear it idle now in the truck. The interior sound is more prevalent for sure but not obnoxious in the least. There is still absolutely zero drone and I mean zero! When you get on it, she roars! I will try post up some videos this weekend. View attachment 860View attachment 861
Someone should warn people about that cold start. I about gave some lady a heart attack at the dealer when I hit the remote start when I picked it up from the install. lol

🤣 Yeah it is nasty! It's crazy how loud the cold start is and after that it really quiets down.

Most Member Reactions

Back