Rust prevention

Leonidas

Reaction score
Are there any known hotspots on the ‘23 ZR2s? I ask because the 2014 era/body style F150s had a known water collection point on the rear of the cab from the sunroof drains and ended up a major rust issue. Just want to get ahead of any issues on these if known… thanks!

Are there any known hotspots on the ‘23 ZR2s? I ask because the 2014 era/body style F150s had a known water collection point on the rear of the cab from the sunroof drains and ended up a major rust issue. Just want to get ahead of any issues on these if known… thanks!
Nope...these trucks are perfect in every way ;)

The paint in general is pretty poor quality. You'll get lots of chips and dings and it really pits down to metal. If you live where they salt roads or use chemical it'll be wise to wash it frequently including the undercarriage. Frames have a wax coating that'll eventually wear off or thin out. You can reapply it or find something else to treat it or it'll rust our easily in 10 years.

Last edited:
New Hampshire oil undercoatings offer quite a few options, better than fluid film and woolwax.

Last edited:
This is the “wax” coating that comes on GM trucks (or at least has been in the past) - I’ve used it heavily in the past as you can touch up existing frame marks or fully coat. Other options can act like a stripping agent for the factory “wax” coating.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back