Since OTA, Phone doesn't connect to Android Auto

The Incredible Smurf

Reaction score
It's connected via bluetooth, but the Android Auto will not connect about 60% of the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't help. Unpairing and repairing doesn't help. It either decides to work or not, seemingly at random. I let the rediculous data plan lapse and have no intention of re-upping, so this is how I navigate and stream audio. Incredibly annoying not to have my map displayed or have better control when I'm doing an Audible audiobook.

I also still experience the intermittent and brief audio drop that is described in another thread, but I don't remember having the issue before this latest OTA.

It's connected via bluetooth, but the Android Auto will not connect about 60% of the time. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't help. Unpairing and repairing doesn't help. It either decides to work or not, seemingly at random. I let the rediculous data plan lapse and have no intention of re-upping, so this is how I navigate and stream audio. Incredibly annoying not to have my map displayed or have better control when I'm doing an Audible audiobook.

I also still experience the intermittent and brief audio drop that is described in another thread, but I don't remember having the issue before this latest OTA.
lose the app then download android auto again????

Reactions: AXE
It's been working now all week. I'm at a loss. I'll try the uninstall/reinstall route if it happens further. Thanks for the suggestion.

I seem to be noticing the same issue this past week. Not sure any updates were done to my rig. I only noticed it because the map no longer appears operational, but it seems to play music from Pandora. I always use Sirius, but it seems to default to phone.

My wife says her Tahoe is acting weird too. She uses an IPhone.

Some random ass quirky shit going down.

Last edited:
Happens to me from time to time. I go and find Android Auto (even though it isn't lit up) and select it and it works. Pain in the ass that you even have to do that on a truck like this but it gets the job done.

Happens to me from time to time. I go and find Android Auto (even though it isn't lit up) and select it and it works. Pain in the ass that you even have to do that on a truck like this but it gets the job done.
I did try that a number of times, but it was erroring out. The problem still hasn't occurred again. I don't know.

Most Member Reactions

Back