Speaker upgrade

8ball_99

Reaction score
Just the factory Kicker sub. I’m going to start with the speaker replacement and see how that goes. Next step will probably be a DSP/Amp like what you have. I wish NavTV would release their signal processor for our trucks to clean up the signal but I’m not going to let that slow me down. If I go with a DSP, I’m going to build a custom connector for the speaker wires so I can return it to stock if I need to or swap in something else in the future (most likely the latter lol)
Yeah that Navtv if it works like they say would diffenitly be the ticket. I'm happy with mine now and it sounds great, but a plug and play option to delete the bose Amp would have been easier.

😅 I actually also just replaced the amp on my kicker sub.

8ball_99

Reaction score
Nice! What did you use?
Nothing fancy, just a Kicker 46CXA400. I had points on Crutchfild from the other stuff that knocked 45 off. The factory 200watt amp is a little anemic and it only had high level inputs. Having the DSP with low level outputs and the option to tune the line out in the software. It just made sense to switch to an amp that could take advantage of that. It made a huge difference. Way louder and I have a lot more control of the crossover frequency and volume. Actually pretty impressed with the kicker sub now with this amp on it. Spent two hours driving today and actually had the sub turned down about halfway. Before it was at max and still seemed lacking. My wife instantly said the radio is way more boomy now lol

ODAVE

Founding Member
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just a Kicker 46CXA400. I had points on Crutchfild from the other stuff that knocked 45 off. The factory 200watt amp is a little anemic and it only had high level inputs. Having the DSP with low level outputs and the option to tune the line out in the software. It just made sense to switch to an amp that could take advantage of that. It made a huge difference. Way louder and I have a lot more control of the crossover frequency and volume. Actually pretty impressed with the kicker sub now with this amp on it. Spent two hours driving today and actually had the sub turned down about halfway. Before it was at max and still seemed lacking. My wife instantly said the radio is way more boomy now lol
Hey 8ball- Is that Kicker 46CXA400 amp a direct replacement the stock Kicker sub amp? Does fit in the sub enclosure?

8ball_99

Reaction score
Hey 8ball- Is that Kicker 46CXA400 amp a direct replacement the stock Kicker sub amp? Does fit in the sub enclosure?
No it's not. It has rca connections for inputs instead of the speaker wires. It is also larger. But if you want an upgrade that will pretty much go in the same spot and wire into the existing connections. I think a Audio Control ACM-1.300 monoblock would be 3 good option.

I'll take a picture of where I put the kicker. It actually doesn't take up any space because it fits under the back rest of the back seat. Hard to explain, but it doesn't take away from my underneat storage area. Not a great picture, but hopefully get the idea.
20221125_174015.jpg

Last edited:

8ball_99

Reaction score
Landpilot:

That's the speaker wire circle for the tweeter in the apiller. It and the dash speaker wire are ran in the same spot. Then go down to under the seats for the crossovers.

20221130_193956.jpg

Most Member Reactions