Still “rare” in NE PA

Captain Tuttle

Reaction score
Picked up muh truck at the PPF installer yesterday and he was asking about the ZR2. He noted he hasn’t seen many come through his shop and was appreciating the exterior stance and interior finishes. And this is a shop that does high end vehicles primarily.

Separately, I really like how the ZR2 kind of “flys under the radar” on the road. Mine in particular is white, so unless someone is really looking, it easily be overlooked as just another white work truck rolling down the road. I like that.

IMG_3208.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up muh truck at the PPF installer yesterday and he was asking about the ZR2. He noted he hasn’t seen many come through his shop and was appreciating the exterior stance and interior finishes. And this is a shop that does high end vehicles primarily.

Separately, I really like how the ZR2 kind of “flys under the radar” on the road. Mine in particular is white, so unless someone is really looking, it easily be overlooked as just another white work truck rolling down the road. I like that.

View attachment 12264
Have you noticed how many people turn out or turn right in-front of you because they think you going slow? Its worse than riding my Harley at times. I notice this on my hd a lot. Enough that it seems unlikely random. 🫣

Have you noticed how many people turn out or turn right in-front of you because they think you going slow? Its worse than riding my Harley at times. I notice this on my hd a lot. Enough that it seems unlikely random. 🫣
I used to think I got more respect in the road driving a big lifted 2500HD. Now, people seem to just ignore basic etiquette and are dumber than ever.

One thing I've gotten a lot more lately is people riding my ass and people passing me when I'm doing 75, then cutting in front of me only to slow down because the got scared to go 80. I've passed the same car three times in 5 miles. I always have my cruise on and they can't maintain a constant speed.

I quit riding my street bike where there's traffic. Never did like it, but it's gotten to be a death wish.

Last edited:
This is probably the thing that puzzles me the most…

You are driving along at speed, the only vehicle on the road in either direction, and someone turns right in front of you forcing you to slow way down and lose energy. Instead, the guy could have waited ONE second for you to pass and then turned. But, no. Has to turn in front of you.

Never mind that the Law of Gross Tonnage isn’t even a consideration for most drivers as a self-preservation mechanism.

Almost no one follows the “rules of the road” or has driving etiquette anymore.

have not noticed that.

This is probably the thing that puzzles me the most…

You are driving along at speed, the only vehicle on the road in either direction, and someone turns right in front of you forcing you to slow way down and lose energy. Instead, the guy could have waited ONE second for you to pass and then turned. But, no. Has to turn in front of you.

Never mind that the Law of Gross Tonnage isn’t even a consideration for most drivers as a self-preservation mechanism.

Almost no one follows the “rules of the road” or has driving etiquette anymore.
They act like it's a passive task or a video game or a simulator with no consequences.

They act like it's a passive task or a video game or a simulator with no consequences.
When we grew up power steering and air conditioning where options for upper middle class. The job was to drive and everything else was a convenience. Infotainment, tvs, phones, I pad controls create a unfocused environment for the undisciplined. They keep making cars safer, better air bags, Hud displays, lane alerts, auto braking but the human factor has degraded. When I was a teenager and Dad let me borrow his truck, you knew he trusted you with his lively hood and to pay attention.

I used to think I got more respect in the road driving a big lifted 2500HD. Now, people seem to just ignore basic etiquette and are dumber than ever.

One thing I've gotten a lot more lately is people riding my ass and people passing me when I'm doing 75, then cutting in front of me only to slow down because the got scared to go 80. I've passed the same car three times in 5 miles. I always have my cruise on and they can't maintain a constant speed.

I quit riding my street bike where there's traffic. Never did like it, but it's gotten to be a death wish.
I used to run a lot of large snow removal equipment. I had 3 blades on a grader, and idiots would be in oncoming traffic sometimes within 2 feet of my front plow! Every once in a while I would hit the wheel tilt their way and scare the shit out of them . Hell all it would take is some ice hooking my front blade and I would hit some of these fools. I would likely kill them and jar myself into the seatbelt. I had a guy pass me on the right, one morning and then ran out of road. He turns into my plow and I tore the whole windshield and pillar out of his Subaru! The patrolman gave him a ticket for illegal passing on the right on a two lane road.

I gave up MC riding as well since I'm an old man anyway and did at least 100K on MC's. It was hard to give up. I loved riding those Bikes!!

I figure you're a young guy Axe, maybe 40YO?

I used to run a lot of large snow removal equipment. I had 3 blades on a grader, and idiots would be in oncoming traffic sometimes within 2 feet of my front plow! Every once in a while I would hit the wheel tilt their way and scare the shit out of them . Hell all it would take is some ice hooking my front blade and I would hit some of these fools. I would likely kill them and jar myself into the seatbelt. I had a guy pass me on the right, one morning and then ran out of road. He turns into my plow and I tore the whole windshield and pillar out of his Subaru! The patrolman gave him a ticket for illegal passing on the right on a two lane road.

I gave up MC riding as well since I'm an old man anyway and did at least 100K on MC's. It was hard to give up. I loved riding those Bikes!!

I figure you're a young guy Axe, maybe 40YO?
I would love to get in one of those plows and blast some snow. I get to do it in the Bobcat, but I can't play hogs of the road that way.........I'd like to tear out some A pillars everyday i drive in traffic......LOL.

I am 54.75 YO, but in my mind I'm still 24.75. I was thinking about you the other day while shopping for motorcycles. I was at a couple of bike dealers and was thinking of getting a new mid cc dual sport to scratch my itch one last time. Not sure I've found what I'm after just yet. I changed my mind this weekend and might get another 450 enduro and plate it instead and then just stick to the rural roads where it's just me and rocks and trees.

I've still got my Ducati Hypermotard, but only ride it around the hood once in a while. I sold my WR450F a couple years ago to a friend and regret doing so. The new 2024 WR450F is calling my name. Might get the Honda CR450L tho, as it has a 6th gear and all the street gear.

Maybe you should get one and will go riding in the boonies where only the elk can run us over.

Attachments

• 2012-04-24_20-54-22_611.jpg
    2012-04-24_20-54-22_611.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I would love to get in one of those plows and blast some snow. I get to do it in the Bobcat, but I can't play hogs of the road that way.........I'd like to tear out some A pillars everyday i drive in traffic......LOL.

I am 54.75 YO, but in my mind I'm still 24.75. I was thinking about you the other day while shopping for motorcycles. I was at a couple of bike dealers and was thinking of getting a new mid cc dual sport to scratch my itch one last time. Not sure I've found what I'm after just yet. I changed my mind this weekend and might get another 450 enduro and plate it instead and then just stick to the rural roads where it's just me and rocks and trees.

I've still got my Ducati Hypermotard, but only ride it around the hood once in a while. I sold my WR450F a couple years ago to a friend and regret doing so. The new 2024 WR450F is calling my name. Might get the Honda CR450L tho, as it has a 6th sixth gear and all the street gear.

Maybe you should get one and will go riding in the boonies where only the elk can run us over.
You are older than I thought! I'm pushing 76 in July. I rode MC's for 40 years or so. I think it's as close as you can get to flying an airplane, LOL. I really enjoyed my WR450 as well. My riding buddy had a KTM 520 EXC with a recluse clutch. He would stay in 3rd gear all day and go like hell. He said it was like cheating. I enjoyed riding his bike. The KTM's have the best suspensions I think, but it's damn hard to beat a Yamaha or Honda for reliability. I never touched that WR except for for servive ( 1.2 quarts), and chain lube. I had that bike for 13 years. You'll have a lot of fun on the Honda!! That Ducati is nice as well. I used to sell most of those brands for a big dealer, 12 brands.

You are older than I thought! I'm pushing 76 in July. I rode MC's for 40 years or so. I think it's as close as you can get to flying an airplane, LOL. I really enjoyed my WR450 as well. My riding buddy had a KTM 520 EXC with a recluse clutch. He would stay in 3rd gear all day and go like hell. He said it was like cheating. I enjoyed riding his bike. The KTM's have the best suspensions I think, but it's damn hard to beat a Yamaha or Honda for reliability. I never touched that WR except for for servive ( 1.2 quarts), and chain lube. I had that bike for 13 years. You'll have a lot of fun on the Honda!! That Ducati is nice as well. I used to sell most of those brands for a big dealer, 12 brands.
Yeah. I was looking at that Yamaha Tenere 700 and I thought about what you said about your FJR and WR. Then I was thinking should I get something that's happy on the pavement and off road. Now thinking more offroad. The new WR450F had been redesigned and the suspension, ergonomics, and motor looks really nice on the few videos I've seen. It's just hitting the floor, so it's ard to find.

Yeah. I was looking at that Yamaha Tenere 700 and I thought about what you said about your FJR and WR. Then I was thinking should I get something that's happy on the pavement and off road. Now thinking more offroad. The new WR450F had been redesigned and the suspension, ergonomics, and motor looks really nice on the few videos I've seen. It's just hitting the floor, so it's ard to find.
I sold my Tenere' 1200 to my brother -in - law last fall. I threw in all my riding gear too, so I wouldn't get tempted. That was probably my favorite bike I ever owned for doing everything well. I rode a BMW 1200 GS years ago in Europe and it was fantastic. But I know Beemer reliability and cost of ownership is not as good as Yamaha & Honda. So the Super Tenere' was the ticket for me. A lot of folks love the 700 Tenere'. The Alps was the ultimate riding if you like curves!

Most Member Reactions

Back