Welp, I Broke’d Today

What is your steering rack issue? I have had an issue with my new ZR2 only 1500 miles on it and it's having pops when turning the wheel hard backing up or going forward at slow speeds.
I believe there is a TSB for the front CV shafts not being properly seated and causing popping noises. I looked through my saved stuff, but couldn’t find it. Maybe someone here will have the TSB info. If not your Service Writer may be familiar with it.

I believe there is a TSB for the front CV shafts not being properly seated and causing popping noises. I looked through my saved stuff, but couldn’t find it. Maybe someone here will have the TSB info. If not your Service Writer may be familiar with it.
That would be great if someone finds that TSB. I think that is most likely my problem.

Can GM impose any penalties on the Dealership for mishandling this issue? At the end of the day GM's rep takes a hit for the dealership's lack of integrity.

After a major blow out between myself GM and the dealership, the truck is back in the shop after sitting in the parking lot for 7 weeks. 2nd cluster failed to program. Third cluster was installed on Friday and programing will be attempted today or Monday.

This will probably be the last attempt to repair the truck before the dealer claims it’s unrepairable and they Lemon the truck.

I hope that isn’t the case. But if that’s the end all be all, I’ll be asking for a 24 glacier blue equipped the same way.

Very sad that incompetence has created this nightmare.

@Spoolin it hasn’t made me have that mindset. No hard feelings towards GM at all. A company is only as good as its dealers.

After a major blow out between myself GM and the dealership, the truck is back in the shop after sitting in the parking lot for 7 weeks. 2nd cluster failed to program. Third cluster was installed on Friday and programing will be attempted today or Monday.

This will probably be the last attempt to repair the truck before the dealer claims it’s unrepairable and they Lemon the truck.

I hope that isn’t the case. But if that’s the end all be all, I’ll be asking for a 24 glacier blue equipped the same way.

@Spoolin it hasn’t made me have that mindset. No hard feelings towards GM at all. A company is only as good as its dealers.
i agree with GM comment but at some point, mary barra has to acknowledge that these shitty dealers are representatives of the parent campany. bad McDonalds are shuttered when they cant cut it. good luck with whatever the outcome may be. getting a 24' may not be bad. im curious about the active exhaust.

Hard to believe anything on these trucks is this complicated to fix. There's nothing on these trucks that hasn't been done time and time again. There is way more sophisticated software and electronics in countless forms of equipment worldwide.

Hard to believe anything on these trucks is this complicated to fix. There's nothing on these trucks that hasn't been done time and time again. There is way more sophisticated software and electronics in countless forms of equipment worldwide.
my 21' sierra denali i was loaded with what i thought was high tech. it operated seemlessly without fail. the ZR2 is on steroids imo. somethings gotta give soon with fixing these trucks. im really intetested to see how the 24's turn out.

Reactions: AXE
In order to get the wiring harness unplugged from the FPDM, does anyone know the correct manipulation? Sliding the small red tab is the easy step. I tried moderate pressure but the harness would not move. Does the light gray piece slide or rotate before pulling off the wiring harness? Just trying to figure this out before stuck on side of road. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_5442.jpeg
    IMG_5442.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: AXE
In order to get the wiring harness unplugged from the FPDM, does anyone know the correct manipulation? Sliding the small red tab is the easy step. I tried moderate pressure but the harness would not move. Does the light gray piece slide or rotate before pulling off the wiring harness? Just trying to figure this out before stuck on side of road. TIA!
The entire grey connector should rotate in the direction of the harness. You can see the “grooves” in the connector that show its range of motion.

Once the red tab is slid upwards and “unlocked” press on that tab and rotate.

The entire grey connector should rotate in the direction of the harness. You can see the “grooves” in the connector that show its range of motion.

Thank you @wutang61, I was able to get it disconnected with your advice. It takes a bit of force and once you break it loose the rotation of the light gray portion causes the wiring harness to be disconnected from the FPDM. I’m now confident I can change this in about 5 minutes. My original part was manufactured in Mexico whereas my replacement was USA. Makes you wonder if they had some quality issues across the border.

Attachments

• IMG_5450.jpeg
    IMG_5450.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank you @wutang61, I was able to get it disconnected with your advice. It takes a bit of force and once you break it loose the rotation of the light gray portion causes the wiring harness to be disconnected from the FPDM. I’m now confident I can change this in about 5 minutes. My original part was manufactured in Mexico whereas my replacement was USA. Makes you wonder if they had some quality issues across the border.
The future is now!

#vivamexico

good info..

Wutang, you up and running yet? Maybe I missed it, but didn't see if this was resolved.

The Dealer cannot do a GM buyback with out GM agreeing to do so. Need to get out your manual read in the warranty section what type of notifications you must provide IAW with the terms and conditions You agreed to when the truck was purchased. Read your specific states requirement and then hand a copy of the letter to the Service manager or director.

This will directly involve GM and a case will be opened for you and a case manager assigned who will contact you. GM will then be involved with every approval of a repair attempt for this problem. What this does is start the clock. Many people do not realize how specific the process really is. I have had a Ford, Chevy and a MB bought back.

Most Member Reactions

Back