What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

I got it because the 6.2l burns oil and it goes back through into the PVC valve and back into the intake. The J&L oil separator filters out the oil from the hot gas that is going back through the PVC back into the intake to be reburned

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got it because the 6.2l burns oil and it goes back through into the PVC valve and back into the intake. The J&L oil separator filters out the oil from the hot gas that is going back through the PVC back into the intake to be reburned

Dang...ok, i had n idea as this is my first truck, yet alone v8.

Me too! (1st truck) it will definitely extend life of the engine. Just make sure to empty it every 1500 to 2,000 miles, because it adds up quickly. I had a Lincoln Continental that had a big engine in it and it had horrible blowback problems. I have no idea that an oil catch can would have helped. I wish I knew back then. Definitely worth every penny and they are super easy to install.

20230713_132011.jpg
20230713_131544.jpg
Painted the Chrome around the Flowtie with black plastidip. Here are some pics of what the flowtie clips on to if anyone is wondering. I removed the chrome trim from the red insert to paint it and then glued it back in place after I was done.

Attachments

• 20230713_131949.jpg
    20230713_131949.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 20230713_131517.jpg
    20230713_131517.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
I had some nano-ceramic tint installed. I noticed the difference immediately because its been hotter than f&@k here in Texas lately. 20% on the front doors and 5% on the back doors and back window. It's daaark. Probably gonna get pulled over..

Also andrec10 peaked my interest with the auto fog light mod. Gonna be checking that out for sure.
Living in Las Vegas, the tint was the very 1st thing I did to mine. I bought it at the beginning of Feb this year so I had time before the heat came. I bought the highest quality Ceramic tint all the way around. Paid $650 total. All the windows are 5% and the windshield is 50% The ceramic tint is worth every penny!!! I cant stress that enough, because all my other vehicles were never ceramic. Compared to my wife's car, that just has standard tint, it is a VERY noticeable difference in interior temps, both before startup and during driving in the Vegas heat! I bought a windshield sunscreen when I got the dashboard cover for the truck, but have NEVER used it! My truck, without using the sunscreen, is cooler than my wife's car with her sunscreen in! The windshield tint is illegal, but praise GOD I have never been pulled over and this truck get LOTS of looks by cops. I've had biker cops pull up closer just to look at it and get thumbs up. Its nice to have the extra privacy from the windshield tint. You can still see through it if you walk up close enough, but not really visible at most angles, other than a silhouette. We drove to South Dakota and back and never had any issues with the tint. The police here don't care as long as your vehicle is squared away. I've had 5% on all our vehicles since I've lived here, but If you have a hooptie or bad plates, then yeah, its the perfect reason to pull you.

Oh and the auto fog mod is great. I did that one and the spots on high-beam.

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_163545351_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230325_163545351_HDR.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20230427_053937236.jpg
    IMG_20230427_053937236.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20230325_163626010_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230325_163626010_HDR.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20230325_163634731_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230325_163634731_HDR.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 121
I amo n the border this week and its flipping hot but dang this ZR2 awsome driving down Old Mines Road Last time i was here i Have a 2500 and the ride stinks over 10 MPH but this little truck you can haul in.View attachment 5786
Hot 120 here today. When a man says it's supposed to be even hotter this coming week 🥺

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_171848048_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_171848048_HDR.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 10
Not a fan of yellow stitching? Change it.
In about an hour I changed the color of my stitching to red. I used a fabric marker and a rag. Apply a few inches at a time rubbing the marker over the stitches a few times the wipe the residue away with a clear rag. I’ll probably add a second coat in a few days. I learned this one from the guys in the C8 group.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
in about an hour I changed the color of my stitching to red. I used a fabric marker and a rag. Apply a few inches at a time rubbing the marker over the stitches a few times the wipe the residue away with a clear rag. I’ll probably add a second coat in a few days. I learned this one from the guys in the C8 group.
Looks good. I actually like the yellow, but this is a great alternative for those that don't. Great job my friend!

in about an hour I changed the color of my stitching to red. I used a fabric marker and a rag. Apply a few inches at a time rubbing the marker over the stitches a few times the wipe the residue away with a clear rag. I’ll probably add a second coat in a few days. I learned this one from the guys in the C8 group.
Very nice, good job

Was there any leather staining that was left?

Nice look , makes it match!

Back in GM after a good stint with Ford. Picked up last week. ‘23 Glacier and only other options are Multi-Flex tailgate and sunroof. So far added:
Chevrolet Accessories:
-Off-road high clearance steps
-Black lug nut kit
-Black center caps
-Kicker tailgate sound
-Tailgate light package
-Bed mat
-REV hard folding cover
-Lund hood deflector-smoke
-NOCO GB150 with case(must have!)
-Putco light bar
-Kicker sub
-Keypad
-Hitch plug

Additional mods:
-Painted red/black badges
-Red Flowtie(temp to see if I liked it)
-Front tint to match rears
-LED license plate lights & backup lights

Future plans:
-589 Shock Skids
-42 Stitches headrests
-Borla exhaust
-Console vault
Where did you get the black center caps? What size fits?

Just ordered thanks for the info

Where did you get the black center caps? What size fits?
Got these off Ebay for a '14-'20 Tahoe. Most GM wheels on trucks have had the same size center caps for years: 3 1/4". Seller was summit auto parts and were like $25.00

Most Member Reactions

Back