What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? šŸ› ļø

I just installed my smart start stop to disable the auto stop. Waiting the 8 hours for it to "program". I said I didn't need to spend $140 when I could remember to hit the button......I was wrong. I never remembered to turn it off till I stopped at a stop sign or red light.
you and rest of forum

Let's see what you have done with your Silverado ZR2!
So far, I had matte black and charcoal laminate film installed on fake hood scoop. I actually would like to swap for just a regular hood or find a functioning aftermarket scoop. Ford and Dodge have functioning scoops. Come on Chevy! Any ideas appreciated. I took the antiquated antenna off and got a short one. I got in channel window vents (not weather tech). Last week, I took out the back floor mats and cheap storage tray under the back seats only to find the floors mats had been cut with a box cutter under the tray. The hack job was quite a disappointment given the 80K price tag. I replaced the mats with a Weathertech mat. I didnā€™t like the way the weathertech storage tray was made so skipped it as well. It could fit better. I feel like GM is doing everything it can to run off bowtie fans like me.

Attachments

• IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2797.mov
    20.7 MB
  • IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Iā€™m sorry to hear about your experience today. Pretty sucky all around.

Any noticeable change in ride quality?
King is king,
To put it in numbers if we compare ranchos to king thatā€™s %200 difference but vs the multimatic i would say %85.

If i didnā€™t had my old set iā€™d probably give it couple of more hard years then replace to King.

So far, I had matte black and charcoal laminate film installed on fake hood scoop. I actually would like to swap for just a regular hood or find a functioning aftermarket scoop. Ford and Dodge have functioning scoops. Come on Chevy! Any ideas appreciated. I took the antiquated antenna off and got a short one. I got in channel window vents (not weather tech). Last week, I took out the back floor mats and cheap storage tray under the back seats only to find the floors mats had been cut with a box cutter under the tray. The hack job was quite a disappointment given the 80K price tag. I replaced the mats with a Weathertech mat. I didnā€™t like the way the weathertech storage tray was made so skipped it as well. It could fit better. I feel like GM is doing everything it can to run off bowtie fans like me.
i agree on functional hood scoop. hood should have been stamped too. would not be dealing with paint defect.

@AXE Was right. There is a bowtie cut out on the flex bison wrap. I just wanted to check.

Attachments

• 20240307_184104.jpg
    20240307_184104.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 32
Fabā€™d up and installed an aluminum bracket for future oil catch can install. Havenā€™t decided which catch can yet but it will get mounted here. Just trying it out until then. Will paint it and mount with proper fasteners when I install the catch can.

IMG_2807.jpeg
IMG_2805.jpeg

Fabā€™d up and installed an aluminum bracket for future oil catch can install. Havenā€™t decided which catch can yet but it will get mounted here. Just trying it out until then. Will paint it and mount with proper fasteners when I install the catch can.

View attachment 11032View attachment 11033
Why? The J&L can is an OEM design and easily mounts to existing hardware. The J&L is top notch and super high quality.

Why? The J&L can is an OEM design and easily mounts to existing hardware. The J&L is top notch and super high quality.
All the catch cans mount with that one stud for the coolant reservoir. Every video Iā€™ve seen of emptying the can causes the mount to move/pivot around the stud. Iā€™ll drill an extra hole in the can bracket and have two points of contact to attach it my bracket. Wonā€™t move when emptying the can.

Hard to explain but itā€™ll be clear once I put the can in soon.

All the catch cans mount with that one stud for the coolant reservoir. Every video Iā€™ve seen of emptying the can causes the mount to move/pivot around the stud. Iā€™ll drill an extra hole in the can bracket and have two points of contact to attach it my bracket. Wonā€™t move when emptying the can.

Hard to explain but itā€™ll be clear once I put the can in soon.
I understand what you're saying. I have emptied my J&L numerous times and the can moving was never an issue or a concern.

Most Member Reactions

Back