What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

All the catch cans mount with that one stud for the coolant reservoir. Every video I’ve seen of emptying the can causes the mount to move/pivot around the stud. I’ll drill an extra hole in the can bracket and have two points of contact to attach it my bracket. Won’t move when emptying the can.

Hard to explain but it’ll be clear once I put the can in soon.
Your truck, do what you like to it.

Custom aluminum mount is a nice touch.

Let's see what you have done with your Silverado ZR2!
Added side steps, cover, rain guards, mats installed. Had black badging installed with dealer transferring red 2s on side fender ZR2 emblems. Sorry pics reflect everything off black even on cloudy day.

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4408.jpeg
    IMG_4408.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4407.jpeg
    IMG_4407.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4404.jpeg
    IMG_4404.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4403.jpeg
    IMG_4403.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4400.jpeg
    IMG_4400.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4399.jpeg
    IMG_4399.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4397.jpeg
    IMG_4397.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4396.jpeg
    IMG_4396.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 75
DIY’d oil and filter change at 1000 miles just because. AC Delco PF63 and Mobil 1 0w-20. And, made a bed divider for between the wheel-wells out of a scrap board I had sitting around.

Installed BAK Revolver X4S tonneau cover today….Yay!!!

Both plastic end caps and the plastic clips they locking into were broken in shipping….Booo!!!

The install went pretty smooth no real issues other than the broken plastic. Such a shame they can’t make those parts out of aluminum for the price they charge.

I opened a ticket with BAK so hopefully they resolve it quickly.

Anyway, here are some pics…

IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_2830.jpeg

Installed BAK Revolver X4S tonneau cover today….Yay!!!

Both plastic end caps and the plastic clips they locking into were broken in shipping….Booo!!!

The install went pretty smooth no real issues other than the broken plastic. Such a shame they can’t make those parts out of aluminum for the price they charge.

I opened a ticket with BAK so hopefully they resolve it quickly.

Anyway, here are some pics…

View attachment 11131View attachment 11132View attachment 11133View attachment 11134
I had a broken one too on my last one. They shipped a few replacements very quickly. I agree they should be aluminum.

I just installed my smart start stop to disable the auto stop. Waiting the 8 hours for it to "program". I said I didn't need to spend $140 when I could remember to hit the button......I was wrong. I never remembered to turn it off till I stopped at a stop sign or red light.
Didn't know that was available. Looks like my first mod.
Mrs EZ's Acura has it too and drives us crazy.
I was ready to super glue the switch down lol

Expand please? What wheels and offset? Looks great.
Method 705 18x9 0 offset. And thanks. Step 2 is the boxed cognito upper control arms, peak level and tie-rod sleeves. Step 2 is happening in two weeks. Step 3 is the biggest tires I can cram in. Probably 285/75 or 285/70 fallen wild peak r/t’s.

Once step 2 is done I can compress the suspension and put the tires at full lock and get some measurements. Step 3 won’t be until fall probably. Still got some tread left.

Axess makes a module to bypass the Bose amp. It's got all the DSP stuff on it too. Crossovers, EQ, Time Correction and a control for chime volume.

There's actually a lot of room back there, I even put spacers under the amp bolts to hold them away from the vents so it wouldn't restrict flow too much. There's also a big ass foam piece attached the back of the seat that I removed, that's just sound deadening, and it has some channels for the cabin vents. You can definetly hear them a bit more when closing the door.

I haven't done anything since I got it working, so I still have to set the amp gains, sound deaden, clean up the wiring and get a good ground.
Do you have a link for the Axess module?
I can't find it
I can turn down my chime but it stops about 1/4 way.
Tailgate chime is super annoying too.

Let's see what you have done with your Silverado ZR2!
Well, I am having the subwoofer kit installed . I hope it helps that weak ass Bose setup they call a sound system. It seems like putting a band aid on a laceration. But it is better than nothing.

Well, I am having the subwoofer kit installed . I hope it helps that weak ass Bose setup they call a sound system. It seems like putting a band aid on a laceration. But it is better than nothing.
I agree. Didn't think of testing the sound system when test driving the ZR2. Figured Bose was kick azz
What a disappointment

Finally got my Peak leveling kit put on, stacked a 2” block on top of the factory block in the rear, and 305/70/18 on the factory wheels with 3/8” spacers. Drives like stock, there’s a little bit of rub that’ll I’ll fix with some minor trimming. Overall it’s perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_1958.jpeg
    IMG_1958.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1957.jpeg
    IMG_1957.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1956.jpeg
    IMG_1956.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1955.jpeg
    IMG_1955.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 76
I agree. Didn't think of testing the sound system when test driving the ZR2. Figured Bose was kick azz
What a disappointment
Well I got it upgraded. And it was not worth it. Would have been better off saving the $$ for something else.

Most Member Reactions

Back