What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

It truly is a game changer with how it drives. You'll have a grin cheek to cheek my friend. I am now at Ultimate 6 and it's a blast to drive!
hey @securityguy im on the fence about purchasing, not about quality but if im gonna make the ticking time bomb (lifter failure/cam) issue any worse. i would love to rip around with better throttle response.

hey @securityguy im on the fence about purchasing, not about quality but if im gonna make the ticking time bomb (lifter failure/cam) issue any worse. i would love to rip around with better throttle response.
I can't see how it would have anything to do with the lifter issues or could it acerbate it. The lifters will either be fine or they will not. Not a damn thing any of us can do now that can change that. Even if someone can disable DFM, that still will not solve the problem with a lifter. No different than putting a new muffler on your truck...no impact on the lifters either ;) All it does is alter throttle response and that's it!

Last edited:
Get a Ducati! 400 lb bike and 70 mph wheelies! You can't have much fun on the street in a 6000 lb slow truck with fragile lifters and crank bearings anyway!

Finally got around to throwing some shackles on the Bison bumpers, and added a stealth flag plate to the front. Thoughts?

IMG_0946.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

Finally got around to throwing some shackles on the Bison bumpers, and added a stealth flag plate to the front. Thoughts?

View attachment 10570
View attachment 10571
What size pins you got in those shackles? I tested a couple of mine and determined the holes in the bumper rings are so big that you would need huge pins to take up the slop. I sort of concluded they were probably designed more with soft shackles in mind. So I decided I wouldn't add them.

What size pins you got in those shackles? I tested a couple of mine and determined the holes in the bumper rings are so big that you would need huge pins to take up the slop. I sort of concluded they were probably designed more with soft shackles in mind. So I decided I wouldn't add them.
The mounting holes are 1” and the pins on these shackles (Ambull) are 7/8”. With the isolator washers they fit very well.

curious if the cover that says AEV next the hook can be used for another light housing. front bumper
Yes they can apparently. IIRC someone on here has already mounted some in theirs? I’ll probably get some in there eventually but have other priorities right now.

Last edited:
Won't work on my black truck.
This seller on Etsy lets you choose any color and has a few variations. I just ordered the black with the cutout 2 since my truck is white. We will see how it looks. That bedside has always felt a little naked to me.

Just waxed it (Replenished the Ceramic coating). Needed it. Only warm day I have had to do this. I feel better!

This seller on Etsy lets you choose any color and has a few variations. I just ordered the black with the cutout 2 since my truck is white. We will see how it looks. That bedside has always felt a little naked to me.

I agree and looked into a few many months ago only to find nothing that sparked my interest. I'll check out the link and see if I find something that would look nice on my black paint.

I agree and looked into a few many months ago only to find nothing that sparked my interest. I'll check out the link and see if I find something that would look nice on my black paint.
So...if I want the red "2" and the outline of the ZR in white (meaning the black truck will have the white outline surrounding it) I just order RED? Not very clear on his ETSY site. This is what I want below. Thx

UPDATE: just emailed the seller and he said to order BLACK.

ZR2 Bed Decal.jpg

Last edited:
So...if I want the red "2" and the outline of the ZR in white (meaning the black truck will have the white outline surrounding it) I just order RED? Not very clear on his ETSY site. This is what I want below. Thx

UPDATE: just emailed the seller and he said to order BLACK.

View attachment 10651
Looks good! I explained what I wanted in the description just in case I ordered the wrong one.

Sometimes less is more on badges lol.
Totally agree. However, I have been thinking about this for quite a while. Something "small" with just ZR2 and nothing else like the pic I posted above. I like how they did the Trailboss and found it interesting they didn't do a ZR2 from the factory. I am not a fan of stickers and debadge everything I buy. This just keeps calling out to me...buy me...buy me😂

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back