What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Installed Thule Rapid Rack System :) . Kept it low height profile (height @ 5") so that RTT doesn't block the rear view camera.

1683853521828.png

Last edited:
Nice! Were you in neutral with foot off the accelerator? How long did 99.9 last? Go up the hill again and see if you get 0.99. 😉
I remember when I was a kid and we walked through the snow up hill to school and then again up hill back home.....

Working on installing a sound system that doesn't make me want to jam an ice pick in my ears because is sounds so bad.
good luck. i installed memphis speakers in rear door. makes a big difference. give a list of components.

good luck. i installed memphis speakers in rear door. makes a big difference. give a list of components.
Yea, most of the system is what I had in my 2018 that I removed before the lease ended. Been sitting in my basement since '21 because I didn't like my Acadia enough that I wanted to keep it, so I didn't wanna go through the trouble to mess with the radio (though I did swap the dash tweeters for some Alpine ones).

The speakers are Kicker, Components in front, coax in rear, and amps are from JBL. 100x4 Front and 1000x1 rear. They were all bought back in 2018 so it's all discontinued by now. I'll have to look for the model numbers. Also have dual 10" Alpine Type-R Subs from like 2001 or so. The box is from subthump, but it's for the 2018 Double Cab, so it doesn't really fit. But it's good enough that I can use it til I decide what kind of setup I want for that. Maybe I'll do an install thread. There is some other stuff related to the install that's new.

I was gonna set up the power connection yesterday, and ended up dissasembling and begining the dynamating of one of the doors... lol

Attachments

• 20230511_193006.jpg
    20230511_193006.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 88
I have to do this a little at a time, because it's my DD. SO I have to pull it apart, do some work, then make sure it's all back together for the next day.

Working on installing a sound system that doesn't make me want to jam an ice pick in my ears because is sounds so bad.
I find the sound system in mine to actually be quite good. After adjusting the equalizer in the dash, of course. I know there are very mixed opinions on this. Wonder if there’s variation in the build/speaker quality from Bose for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

I find the sound system in mine to actually be quite good. After adjusting the equalizer in the dash, of course. I know there are very mixed opinions on this. Wonder if there’s variation in the build/speaker quality from Bose for some reason 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've got mine dialed in pretty good too. Won't win any sound contests, but decent enough for what it is.

you are lucky..i never thought of variances. good point.

what did you do???
No modifications. Nothing special, just used the basic radio controls to adjust it to sound best I could get it.

I listen SiriusXM almost exclusively, which had decent sound to me. When I use Pandora or other Bluetooth media, it does not sound as good and gets to the point if I listened to that a lot, I would make changes.

My wife's 23 Tahoe is a little better, but it uses a center channel speaker and I think the speakers may be a little better, especially the sub. Might just be the larger cabin space.

Kev may be onto something with the variable performance.

Most Member Reactions

Back