Wireless Charging Retrofit

Koppster

Reaction score
Looking at a 23 which came without Wireless Charging. Is it possible to retrofit using Chevy parts? I don't want aftermarket. Thanks, Rick

Looking at a 23 which came without Wireless Charging. Is it possible to retrofit using Chevy parts? I don't want aftermarket. Thanks, Rick
honesty it works like shit anyways. I ended up adding the boost mobile one to mine. Though not sure you can do that with the 23's without the 'phone slot' on the center console lid.

I use my wireless charger everyday 🤷

If the 23 you got came missing a chip, I don't think you have any option but to wait for your retrofit. As far as I know there is no aftermarket options for the factory spot. That said you might could get a charger off Amazon that would fit in that spot.

Mine is worthless unless the phone is in a perfect location it constantly goes in and out on every bump
Turn off your fast charge and it will work. It will be slow but it will work. The fast charge requires the induction to be in the ceter of the phone. My phone sits a little to tall and does the same with the fast charge turned on.
Just watch a you tube video of a guy that installed an after market fast(er) charger in a '21 AT4 up top in the arm rest where the previous generation had them. Not sure if that is an option for the new interiors.

Mine is worthless unless the phone is in a perfect location it constantly goes in and out on every bump
I placed a 1/4" piece of foam at the base of the charger raising my iPhone 12 Pro up a bit and now it works every time. I was having the same problem as you,,,this may work for you too.

I placed a 1/4" piece of foam at the base of the charger raising my iPhone 12 Pro up a bit and now it works every time. I was having the same problem as you,,,this may work for you too.

I have the same phone and was having issues. Tested this out with a small piece of cardboard it it fixed my issue. Not to find something to place there for a permanent fix. Thanks!

Complete hack but I simply dropped an Anker 313 charging pad in the phone pocket. I'll use some adhesive velcro to clean it up a bit.

Attachments

• 16727757264306930933098519222846.jpg
    16727757264306930933098519222846.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 310
404parts does have the retrofit for the 23's that came without wireless charging. I ordered mine and it should get here this weekend. I am hoping to install it this weekend if it stays dry outside.

404parts does have the retrofit for the 23's that came without wireless charging. I ordered mine and it should get here this weekend. I am hoping to install it this weekend if it stays dry outside.
The only thing holding me back are all of the crappy reviews people have left that have the OEM version:( I'll be looking forward to install pics and your thoughts on the units performance. Thanks!

The only thing holding me back are all of the crappy reviews people have left that have the OEM version:( I'll be looking forward to install pics and your thoughts on the units performance. Thanks!

I ignore that. I understand that many people hate the stock charger. I never had any issues with the one in my previous truck and used it all of the time. I mean I put it on there for a bit a charge while I am driving. Not expecting it to be a fast charger. I actually like the new placement of the wire charger and not so much in the pre refresh.

I personally can't wait to install the kit from 404 parts.

I ignore that. I understand that many people hate the stock charger. I never had any issues with the one in my previous truck and used it all of the time. I mean I put it on there for a bit a charge while I am driving. Not expecting it to be a fast charger. I actually like the new placement of the wire charger and not so much in the pre refresh.

I personally can't wait to install the kit from 404 parts.
Please take lots of pics of the install and share your thoughts after installation. I really wanted one too, but my build only had the $75 credit for not having it installed:( Based on your feedback, I may bite the bullet and order it as well. Thanks again!

Please take lots of pics of the install and share your thoughts after installation. I really wanted one too, but my build only had the $75 credit for not having it installed:( Based on your feedback, I may bite the bullet and order it as well. Thanks again!
My pleasure. I will try to take pics. But the instructions they sent me seem very easy, BUT it is involved because you have to move the seats and lift up and tilt the center console in order to install.

We are expecting rain this weekend and if it does rain I won't be able to this weekend, and have to do it next weekend :(.

I was really bummed when I saw the $75 credit and no retrofit for the wireless charger, but that is me.

My pleasure. I will try to take pics. But the instructions they sent me seem very easy, BUT it is involved because you have to move the seats and lift up and tilt the center console in order to install.

We are expecting rain this weekend and if it does rain I won't be able to this weekend, and have to do it next weekend :(.

I was really bummed when I saw the $75 credit and no retrofit for the wireless charger, but that is me.
Can you post or email a PDF of the installation instructions? I'd love to take a look at them.

So I drove my truck today finally and was playing around with the wireless charger. I pulled the rubber insert out and found a vent blows cool air over the module while your HVAC is on. On the back side of the rubber insert are small channels that allows the air to blow up and over the wireless module. The channels stand the rubber insert off the wireless module maybe 1 to 2mm. If I remove the rubber insert my phone charges fine on fast charge. With the rubber insert in, if I push down on my phone slightly, closing the distance between the phone and module, my phone charges fine as well.

So a guy could pull the insert, or try to cut the channels down and reduce the distance. Also could shim the module if thats even possible.

Most Member Reactions

Back