ZR2 Wheel and Tire Configs

dxpsman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Love these trucks, but am not overly-thrilled with the stock stance. I see that a lot of you have played with spacers, etc, and based on some of the information here, I think I've stumbled on a sort of "sweet spot" where this is concerned. I'm curious to see if anyone has tried it.

17x8.5 wheels at 0 offset wrapped with 285/75R17s. A bit concerned about the height jump here, but I *think* it has a shot at fitting. Is anyone running this or something similar?

Hi all,

Love these trucks, but am not overly-thrilled with the stock stance. I see that a lot of you have played with spacers, etc, and based on some of the information here, I think I've stumbled on a sort of "sweet spot" where this is concerned. I'm curious to see if anyone has tried it.

17x8.5 wheels at 0 offset wrapped with 285/75R17s. A bit concerned about the height jump here, but I *think* it has a shot at fitting. Is anyone running this or something similar?
Are you open to a leveling kit?

I think that setup would work well with a leveled front end.

Are you open to a leveling kit?

I think that setup would work well with a leveled front end.
I am desperately trying to avoid putting blocks into this suspension - just seems like a waste. I would rather stick with 18s and just push to the zero offset to fix the stance if the larger rubber doesn't fit.

I am desperately trying to avoid putting blocks into this suspension - just seems like a waste. I would rather stick with 18s and just push to the zero offset to fix the stance if the larger rubber doesn't fit.
There are others who have 0 offset. I’m sure they can speak to any necessary suspension work.

Those Peak front “disc spacers” seem pretty reasonable to bring just the front to level while buying you a bit more room, not requiring any other suspension mods as it’s the front wheels that get you in trouble rub wise. Given what you are talking about, those are a drop in the bucket on top of wheels and tires. Just a thought

-12 or -18 offset is the ticket for better stance if your doing new wheels. Can't clear tires larger than 34 inches without trimming.

Those Peak front “disc spacers” seem pretty reasonable to bring just the front to level while buying you a bit more room, not requiring any other suspension mods as it’s the front wheels that get you in trouble rub wise. Given what you are talking about, those are a drop in the bucket on top of wheels and tires. Just a thoug

I think you might be onto something there. Bolt-on spacers can go a long way for sure.

-12 or -18 offset is the ticket for better stance if your doing new wheels. Can't clear tires larger than 34 inches without trimming.
285/75R17 works out to just under a 34" tire. The majority of -12 offset wheels I've looked at in the 17" size are rocking a 9" width. This obviously works with a 285, but prefer the bow on the 8.5 wheel, which I'm seeing a lot of 0 on.

A 285 paired with a 0 offset wheel pushes the outer sidewall 1.3" out from factory, which I think is enough to satisfy my factory qualms.

Reactions: AXE
285/75R17 works out to just under a 34" tire. The majority of -12 offset wheels I've looked at in the 17" size are rocking a 9" width. This obviously works with a 285, but prefer the bow on the 8.5 wheel, which I'm seeing a lot of 0 on.

A 285 paired with a 0 offset wheel pushes the outer sidewall 1.3" out from factory, which I think is enough to satisfy my factory qualms.
Run some -12s and 295s and trim. Looks great and functions fine no risk of tearing your shit up.

Run some -12s and 295s and trim. Looks great and functions fine no risk of tearing your shit up.
Hey Axe,

What brand tyres are you running or like running ?

I am about to order some wheels. I am looking at going for a 20 x 9 with a 0 offset and was looking at running a 295/55 R20.

Most of my driving will be highway so after something that handles well and quiet.

Happy for suggestions / advice from anyone else as well.

I recently installed a leveling kit to my 2023, and added a 2" spacer on the front and a 1" spacer to the rear. I did this to see if I would like the stance before I ordered new wheels with a negative offset. I've got about 80-85% of my turning before I start to rub. I really like the tire so I planned to stay with an 18" wheel but do -12 offset. Not sure what I will use for spacers after installing new wheels. Does anyone know if the stock 18" wheel is a positive 26 offset, and what would be the difference going from positive 26 to a -12?

Was able to fit my 22” x 12.5 -44 after the BDS lift.

Attachments

• IMG_8978.jpeg
    IMG_8978.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 79
Hey Axe,

What brand tyres are you running or like running ?

I am about to order some wheels. I am looking at going for a 20 x 9 with a 0 offset and was looking at running a 295/55 R20.

Most of my driving will be highway so after something that handles well and quiet.

Happy for suggestions / advice from anyone else as well.
I've run Toyo MTs for 20 years. I just bought two sets of Toyo RT Trails for the ZR2 and My HD. They run pretty quiet for big heavy lug tires. I get up to 40k miles but usually sell them at about 30k. They get noisier as they get to end of service life. They are very expensive at $425-$450 per tire now.

I've ran some Nittos, but didn't like how they handled towing. I know there are several people running Nittos including in the size you want. Also check out the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs. That's the ones I run if I didn't like Toyos.

I've run Toyo MTs for 20 years. I just bought two sets of Toyo RT Trails for the ZR2 and My HD. They run pretty quiet for big heavy lug tires. I get up to 40k miles but usually sell them at about 30k. They get noisier as they get to end of service life. They are very expensive at $425-$450 per tire now.

I've ran some Nittos, but didn't like how they handled towing. I know there are several people running Nittos including in the size you want. Also check out the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs. That's the ones I run if I didn't like Toyos.
Thank up for the info

I recently installed a leveling kit to my 2023, and added a 2" spacer on the front and a 1" spacer to the rear. I did this to see if I would like the stance before I ordered new wheels with a negative offset. I've got about 80-85% of my turning before I start to rub. I really like the tire so I planned to stay with an 18" wheel but do -12 offset. Not sure what I will use for spacers after installing new wheels. Does anyone know if the stock 18" wheel is a positive 26 offset, and what would be the difference going from positive 26 to a -12?
Offset is in mm, so about 1.5 inches, if it's a 9 inch wide rim, a little more.

Toyo RT Trails pick up a lot of rocks due to tighter and deeper tread pattern. MTs didn't do that as much, but did pick up bigger rocks.

I can show you what 1.25" spacers do on stock tires and wheels. Perfect amount IMO. Sits flush with the side steps and the upper fender. In the pictures front passenger side is with spacers and front driver side is stock.
20230103_162248.jpg
20230103_162317.jpg

17x8.5" Icon wheels with 0 offset
35×12.50 Toyo Open Country Rt Trails
Just sidewall sticks out slightly! Need to put on big boy pants though, and trim the front bumper exactly like Axe did in his thread. Trimmed mine over the weekend and it's awesome to have a 35 and no rub at all at full lock! Thanks again for the great trimming info and pics, Axe. 👍

Attachments

• 20230923_110738.jpg
    20230923_110738.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 20230922_164257~2.jpg
    20230922_164257~2.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 232
I'm hoping to accomplish all of this without the trim. I might be asking too much, though. Chevy really isn't giving us a lot of room to work with!

Most Member Reactions

Back