2022 Bose System

ZR2NYC

Reaction score
i have owned 18' and 21' gmc sierras with bose radios. they were really good. crisp and clear with good bass. the bose in my ZR2 is horrible. bassless and tinny. 3 band EQ is minimul. anyone else not a fan of 22 bose? what are other plug and play options for speakers? thanks.

Here is a whole thread just about the stereo lol

You can order them through a GM dealer. Seems like a popular choice with many. I think it made a huge difference.
thanks..figured the ZR2 would be equal if not better. still really like this truck.

I'm pretty underwhelmed also. I thought about looking into the factory kicker upgrade, but that doesn't address the mid or treble. Thanks for posting the other thread @8ball_99
i feel same bout dash and door speakers...the rear door speakers are non existent. will chk oit the kicker sub.

i have owned 18' and 21' gmc sierras with bose radios. they were really good. crisp and clear with good bass. the bose in my ZR2 is horrible. bassless and tinny. 3 band EQ is minimul. anyone else not a fan of 22 bose? what are other plug and play options for speakers? thanks.
Agree. Kicker amp and kicker speakers make it sound fantastic. I believe is was around $1400-1500 installed.

Agree. Kicker amp and kicker speakers make it sound fantastic. I believe is was around $1400-1500 installed.
is that the plug and play system? i would have to lose factory rear seat storage.

The Kicker upgrade sounds like it would help. Down side is I have had one back ordered now for 3 months and both Chevy or the Dealership here can't get any good answers when they will have them in stock at Chevy again. :(

not sure if im willing to give up rear storage. alot of $$$ too.
Screenshot_20230311_191630_Chrome.jpg

For what it’s worth, I grabbed a different kicker package along with new kicker speakers and it made a huge difference.

I picked up part 19417164 from https://www.tubmangmpartsdepot.ca/p/132585672/19417164.html for the sub

Kicker speakers from Crutchfield. Can provide with models if anyone is interested.

For the sub, while you lose some under seat storage the gains you get are worth it in my opinion. The price is good and if you install it slightly differently (tap into the Bose sub wires at rear passenger door) you get a great full sound range with noticeable bass. I added the kicker knob for the sub and adjust all the gains up on the amp on the sub to have more control over the bass.

I don't think you guys are looking at the right one. Mine was like 750. You do loose a little storage space, But It actually still leaves you a good amount. More so then you would have with any aftermarket box. Below is the one I have.

200-Watt Subwoofer Kit by Kicker - Associated Accessories
Part No.: 19417164
MSRP: $749.00 | Quantity: 1 | Delivery Method: Pickup at Dealer - No Additional cost

I don't think you guys are looking at the right one. Mine was like 750. You do loose a little storage space, But It actually still leaves you a good amount. More so then you would have with any aftermarket box. Below is the one I have.

200-Watt Subwoofer Kit by Kicker - Associated Accessories
Part No.: 19417164
MSRP: $749.00 | Quantity: 1 | Delivery Method: Pickup at Dealer - No Additional cost
i think that part number has been on backorder for months. i like the cheaper price.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back