2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

Photo Dump Required:
Got a wash in... and then we got a blizzard/ice storm. Photos are 3 days apart...

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpeg
    IMG_1345.jpeg
    653.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1294.jpeg
    IMG_1294.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 288
Finally got the Borla 400844 Crate muffler installed! The ZR2 sounds how it should have from the factory.

In my experience, the cabin drone is slightly more noticeable than the Corsa cat back system on my previous truck (5.3L Sierra), and Wife's Yukon (6.2L), but absolutely worth the shit eating grin.

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 105
Finally got the Borla 400844 Crate muffler installed! The ZR2 sounds how it should have from the factory.

In my experience, the cabin drone is slightly more noticeable than the Corsa cat back system on my previous truck (5.3L Sierra), and Wife's Yukon (6.2L), but absolutely worth the shit eating grin.
I wish Corsa would finish the dev work on their system for our trucks... it's been saying "in development" for a year. Interesting you had drone from a Corsa system, I've had them on several vehicles and never had an issue with cabin drone.

Beautiful truck by the way!

Truck looks good. I like the wheels. I have the same rig, R I G. Lol.

Also, If I go anywhere substantial, I put the truck on L9. Then it doesn't kick down and get the gurgle from the DFM. That muffler makes you want to stomp on it every time you take a drive.

I wish Corsa would finish the dev work on their system for our trucks... it's been saying "in development" for a year. Interesting you had drone from a Corsa system, I've had them on several vehicles and never had an issue with cabin drone.

Beautiful truck by the way!
LP definitely agree. Corsa is hard to call "drone" because there really isn't anything there. When comparing to stock, it's just louder (dB) not necessarily noise pollution. It works beautifully, and meticulously when cruising the highway.

This Borla really does sound nice. I was just hoping for less cabin noise, because to Joe's point, it's got me wanting to mash the pedal every time I drive.

Then Security Guy shares more info on the Ultimate9 and I don't know if I can drive the truck without it... lol

Got the GM Subwoofer by Kicker installed in the ZR2 yesterday. (PN 19417164)

Opted to go with the accessory bass level controller as well:

Kicker 46CXARC Remote Control​

Overall, I am very impressed. Quite a difference in the system when you follow the guidelines by bone crusher here:

The Dealer installed (normally I'd do this stuff myself, but the quote for install was way to cheap to ignore, + if there are issues I can drive it into the service bay for "warranty") so I drove away with it in "factory settings"
Initially, I wasn't at all impressed by the level of bass it added.

However, Once I removed the amp, turned the gains all up (video & photo included), it made a world of difference. In fact, with the controller turned all the way up, it's too loud. Pissed off teenager loud.

I mounted the controller under the seat with 3M velcro and adjust as needed. Ive got it about 40% right now and it's just fine. Hits hard when it needs to, not obnoxious.

Sorry about the photo's, Ive got 2 child seats on top, and there isn't much to see anyway! lol

Still need to custom cut the carpet tray, and retrofit.

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1429.jpeg
    IMG_1429.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1428.jpeg
    IMG_1428.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 2.37.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 2.37.19 PM.png
    257.3 KB · Views: 133
Any rub on the wheel setup?
I have only noticed when I am reversing into my driveway (various angles/small elevation changes) and wheel is full lock left, a rub.

Regular driving around town - nothing.

PS: Got some goodies in the mail that I'll put on and post tomorrow!

Reactions: AXE
As this forum continue's to throttle my spending account, I couldn't resist linking up with Jim @ 42 stitches. As others have posted, his work on the embroidered headrests is second to none.

Planning ahead, and building in that I am installing the blackout ZR2 badges in the spring (weather needs to be fair) I asked Jim to do mine, but I wanted them to be unique. Pure custom.

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1677.jpeg

20230305_172811.jpeg

I took a little inspiration from the re-design C8.R Jake logo, and incorporated Chevrolet performance divisions favourite mascot into the work, in blackout border, with Dark Gray interior.

It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I had in mind.

PS only did the front DRV/PASS, nothing on the rears because the kids seats cover it anyway.

Last edited:
Nice work there buddy, giving me plenty of ideas for my delivery in June.
Whats the specs on those wheels?
305/45R22 Nitro Recon Grappler AT's [218410]
www.nittotire.com

Recon Grappler A/T | Nitto Tire

The Recon Grappler A/T combines versatility and distinctive design into an all-terrain light truck tire that stands out with capable off-road performance.
www.nittotire.com
www.nittotire.com

GM OEM 22x9 Split Spoke Wheels [84802386]
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-22x9-inch-aluminum-split-spoke-wheel-84802386?c=az0x

GM OEM XL8 TPMS [84991144]

I've got 1.5" spacers as well.

So here I am staring at your build again! lol... One last question: Is the offset on those wheels the same as OEM? I don't see what they are calling out on the wheel site. I guess I'm asking what is the offset on the ones you got? And, (ok stupid question) do you know if you could order the offset to compensate not using the 1.5 spacer? And did you re-use the Chevy Bow Tie center caps or order those somewhere?
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this set up!
Wheels: $595 each
Tires: $438 each
Thanks for your input, appreciated!

So here I am staring at your build again! lol... One last question: Is the offset on those wheels the same as OEM? I don't see what they are calling out on the wheel site. I guess I'm asking what is the offset on the ones you got? And, (ok stupid question) do you know if you could order the offset to compensate not using the 1.5 spacer? And did you re-use the Chevy Bow Tie center caps or order those somewhere?
I think a -18 offset is approximately equivalent to 1.5 inch spacers on these stock rims. Don't forget, rim and tire width affect the amount of poke you get from wheel well. Stock rim width is 8.5, alot of rims can be 9, 9.5, or even 10 inch.

Factory spec indicates they are 1.10" or 28mm positive offset. I like the more aggressive look of a negative stance on trucks, and therefore used the spacer at 1.5". I'm not big on running spacers, but I'm not racing, or doing Baja... ran them for 13 months on my last truck, 0 issues.

It's OEM gear, so unfortunately there's no custom order through GM to provide a -18 like AXE pointed out. You get what the part number gives you (large scale manufacturing, by no means custom). The majority of GM accessory wheels are intended for the 275/50 Bridgestone, and to match up to factory specs of most of the trucks/suv's in the lineup, like the general intended.

Bow Tie's are 84388541 - the ZR2 Bowtie's on mine were brushed aluminum, I wanted black.

Hope this helps!

Most Member Reactions

Back