2023 ZR2 BLACK: Project KR-71

Factory spec indicates they are 1.10" or 28mm positive offset. I like the more aggressive look of a negative stance on trucks, and therefore used the spacer at 1.5". I'm not big on running spacers, but I'm not racing, or doing Baja... ran them for 13 months on my last truck, 0 issues.

It's OEM gear, so unfortunately there's no custom order through GM to provide a -18 like AXE pointed out. You get what the part number gives you (large scale manufacturing, by no means custom). The majority of GM accessory wheels are intended for the 275/50 Bridgestone, and to match up to factory specs of most of the trucks/suv's in the lineup, like the general intended.

Bow Tie's are 84388541 - the ZR2 Bowtie's on mine were brushed aluminum, I wanted black.

Hope this helps!
Very useful info here!
Thanks

Reactions: AXE
Ok - had to go with the Borla Cat Back. The Drone I'm getting on just the muffler welded in is too much. April is neighbour appreciation month in my area :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1784.jpeg

I'm away for a bit, but will get it on when I'm back. I'll take some Stock, Muffler only, and cat back videos for comparison's sake. It's a damn shame, because I really like the snarl of just the muffler. My highway headache just isn't worth it.

The ZL1 was built last week on the 21st. I should be getting it end of April, maybe May. Picked up some goodies for it as well.

RiG

Ok - had to go with the Borla Cat Back. The Drone I'm getting on just the muffler welded in is too much. April is neighbour appreciation month in my area :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 4320

I'm away for a bit, but will get it on when I'm back. I'll take some Stock, Muffler only, and cat back videos for comparison's sake. It's a damn shame, because I really like the snarl of just the muffler. My highway headache just isn't worth it.

The ZL1 was built last week on the 21st. I should be getting it end of April, maybe May. Picked up some goodies for it as well.

RiG
Put some stacks out the hood right off the header and let'er buck!

View attachment 4320

RiG
Did you take off the resonators when you did the muffler only? Many of us have done the muffler only leaving the factory resonators in place and have no drone.

Did you take off the resonators when you did the muffler only? Many of us have done the muffler only leaving the factory resonators in place and have no drone.
I left them! Normal driving its fine. I love it. but between 110-120km/h the reverberation is terrible.

Dealer had it tinted at the fronts to match, and a 7" Strip across the top of the window.

Added 1.5" Wheel Spacers to make it look how it should have come from the factory. :sneaky:
that tint is
Hey Guys,

I wasn't really looking at buying anything, but when I saw the ZR2 won truck of the year it peaked my interest.
(https://www.motortrend.com/events/2023-four-wheeler-of-the-year-winner-chevy-silverado-zr2/)

I remember when it was announced as well, and watching all the media coverage, and GM videos on it, and thought it was a remarkable truck with an interior that finally made it into this century. If timing was right, I would need to get into one.

Coming from a list of GM vehicles, I traded in a '21 Sierra Denali with the 90's interior for this incredible upgrade, and have not looked back.

What a machine. 24km's on it, on delivery day. An amazing 207km 1-way drive home.

The dealer was fantastic and offered a great deal on trade-UP to the ZR2, and it feels great to be back in BLACK again.

Its been a pleasure following and researching over the past 4 weeks on this forum, and I will keep everyone informed on my build progress with this Truck.

So far - Wheel Spacers, and Tint are all I have done, but as you'll soon find out; I can't leave anything alone!

Cheers,

R I G
nice truck. that tint is automatic $150 fine in NYC..im jealous.

that tint is

nice truck. that tint is automatic $150 fine in NYC..im jealous.
That's wild! Sorry to hear that... I know when I go over to NF or Buffalo, I typically get an ear full about the tinted plate cover. Sucks.

That's wild! Sorry to hear that... I know when I go over to NF or Buffalo, I typically get an ear full about the tinted plate cover. Sucks

That's wild! Sorry to hear that... I know when I go over to NF or Buffalo, I typically get an ear full about the tinted plate cover. Sucks.
forget about plate covers....thats jail time..lol

Let's Talk Exhaust:

Here's the factory system. Pretty weak for a 6.2L...

Here we are with the 400844 Borla Attack muffler welded in place of the OEM muffler:

Beautiful rumble on startup - truly a great sound. Just too much drone for my liking (note, not all users experience the drone issue with this setup).

Here's the final setup; my sweet spot:

19433388 GMPP Borla Exhaust, Cat-Back system. Full replacement of the OEM system.

Hope this has been helpful for any would be warriors out there. Permagrin for sure... but you'll be scraping your neighbours eyebrows off the clouds for a while :ROFLMAO:.

Cheers,

RiG

Hard to tell what the new setup sounds like since it's inside. Let's hear that latest setup in the driveway outside from same distance and angle.

Here it is AXE - definitely has the vicious "wake the dead" off the hop... quiets down pretty quick, and the idle is nice though.

Sounds good! I would like to do the exhaust, but not sure this is a long term truck for me. Not sure if I want to sink more $ into it and get more tickets. I suppose I should before I'm too old.......and I'm getting there.

Last edited:
Sounds good! I would like to do the exhaust, but not sure this is a long term truck for me. Not sure if I was t to sink more $ into it and get more tickets. I suppose I should before I'm too old.......and I'm getting there.
I'm going to hold out on doing anything I can't easily transfer over to a 2024 should I decide to upgrade around Christmas to a Diesel ZR2 or a HD ZR2.

I'm going to hold out on doing anything I can't easily transfer over to a 2024 should I decide to upgrade around Christmas to a Diesel ZR2 or a HD ZR2
Funny you should say that, the sales guys are calling me every day to come and look at the new Duramax. I told them they shouldn't have sold me the ZR2. I definitely won't buy until I see what the HD Duramax ZR2 has to offer. Also waiting a while may be better so they get some of these electronic bugs worked out.

Funny you should say that, the sales guys are calling me every day to come and look at the new Duramax. I told them they shouldn't have sold me the ZR2. I definitely won't buy until I see what the HD Duramax ZR2 has to offer. Also waiting a while may be better so they get some of these electronic bugs worked out.
Pretty good call. Never buy the first production year of anything - that's open season for issues. Second model year should be better... doesn't always work out that way though.

I've been going back and forth with adding some wrap to the hood inset on the ZR2. Finally pulled the trigger!

Here are the before(s):

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2203.jpeg
    IMG_2203.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2205.jpeg