A pillar scratches by grab handle

philbun

Reaction score
Anyone else notice scratches from finger nails on the a pillar next to the grab handle. Looks like the wife’s nails are scratching the black plastic as she reaches for the handle . I can’t see to get it to come off. Seems like it scratches very easily. Any ideas. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there is no really good way, if any at all, to fix scratches in plastic. Maybe find a way to wrap it with leather like in the Denali or something else that will hide/protect the grab handle? My 2021 RAM Limited had a leather wrapped grab handle and I really liked it.

It’s crazy how easily it can be scratched. I didn’t it with my finger nails just to see and it definitely leaves a mark. I don’t know why but these little things drive me insane.

You might be able to use a heat gun to get rid of some of the rough edges along the scratches, but if you get it too hot, the whole damn thing will warp

You might be able to hit it with some protective film like 3M Clear Bra and protect it from getting worse.

You might be able to use a heat gun to get rid of some of the rough edges along the scratches, but if you get it too hot, the whole damn thing will warp

You might be able to hit it with some protective film like 3M Clear Bra and protect it from getting worse.
I don’t think PPF will stick to it.

Unfortunately, there is no really good way, if any at all, to fix scratches in plastic. Maybe find a way to wrap it with leather like in the Denali or something else that will hide/protect the grab handle? My 2021 RAM Limited had a leather wrapped grab handle and I really liked it.
I like how those look on the Denali Ultimate (I don't think the regular Denali has them), would you know where they can be sourced?

I like how those look on the Denali Ultimate (I don't think the regular Denali has them), would you know where they can be sourced?
I would think that the A-pillars are exactly the same in both vehicles and that the Chevy and GMC parts are interchangeable. Get the VIN of a Denali Ultimate and ask the parts dept. to look up the A-pillar.

Most Member Reactions

Back