Annoying Rattle

Koboss

Reaction score
I have an Annoying Rattle that sounds like it is coming from the front passenger Pilar where the hand grab is, anyone else have a rattle on the front passenger side i have taken the covers off the grab handle to see if it is a nut bouncing around in there but its not, im wondering if it is the plastic above the air vent but again havent pin pointed it yet

dont have time to run it to the dealer a hr away yet

thanks

I have an Annoying Rattle that sounds like it is coming from the front passenger Pilar where the hand grab is, anyone else have a rattle on the front passenger side i have taken the covers off the grab handle to see if it is a nut bouncing around in there but its not, im wondering if it is the plastic above the air vent but again havent pin pointed it yet

thanks
Man let me tell you, lol. I have one on the driver's side. I thought it was in that same area by the grab handle. I replaced my speakers and added tweeters there. So I thought it was the tweeter at first, than I thought it was wire mounts behind that trim. Than I thought maybe it was in the area of the dash speaker. Long story short. I've taken that apart probably 6 times and now I think its actually the trim panel around the instrument cluster, which has nothing to do with the speakers I replaced. It doesn't always do it, and its only while driving. So it's been hard to track down. I drove my truck around with both A-pillar trims and the top section of the dash removed trying to find it, lol. It still did it. Pushed and pulled on the glossy black plastic by the vent and it got better. Probably no help to you since yours is on the passenger side. But I'd say maybe start around the vent area. I got excited when I seen the thread title, Cause I was hoping it was in the same area.

Man let me tell you, lol. I have one on the driver's side. I thought it was in that same area by the grab handle. I replaced my speakers and added tweeters there. So I thought it was the tweeter at first, than I thought it was wire mounts behind that trim. Than I thought maybe it was in the area of the dash speaker. Long story short. I've taken that apart probably 6 times and now I think its actually the trim panel around the instrument cluster, which has nothing to do with the speakers I replaced. It doesn't always do it, and its only while driving. So it's been hard to track down. I drove my truck around with both A-pillar trims and the top section of the dash removed trying to find it, lol. It still did it. Pushed and pulled on the glossy black plastic by the vent and it got better. Probably no help to you since yours is on the passenger side. But I'd say maybe start around the vent area. I got excited when I seen the thread title, Cause I was hoping it was in the same area.

thanks

thanks
Not sure if this helps, but will put it out there, just in case. I found a slight rattle that had to do with the driver side adjustable seatbelt area. Would suggest checking there and messing around with that.

I know this doesn't help, but I hear a rattle sound coming from the driver's side back seat when driving. I've looked for and tightened any bolt/screw I could find and it still happens. So I just turn up the stereo loud enough so I don't hear it!

Have you tried the plastic trim that's just behind the rear view mirror? That rattles at times along with the trim around the HUD for me.

I know this doesn't help, but I hear a rattle sound coming from the driver's side back seat when driving. I've looked for and tightened any bolt/screw I could find and it still happens. So I just turn up the stereo loud enough so I don't hear it!
I have a rattle in the same area and tracked it down to the head rest rods. The rattle only happens when the seat behind the driver is unoccupied. Hope this helps.

I had this problem on the driver side. This is how I fixed.

The latch that is located on the apillar is adjustable. There are two torque bolts, I think T40. Do not remove these bolts all the way! Loosen them a bit and the latch will slide up or down. I put a peace of tape on the bottom of the latch attached to the apillar for reference. I moved the latch up an 1/8 of an inch maybe 3/16’s and no more squeak.

Hope that helps.

Fwiw, I Seem to have fixed mine. I'm not really even sure what fixed it. I removed a lot of the dash and just went over everything. Anything lose or that looked like it could rattle I tried to secure it. Guess it worked. Drove a decent amount the past few days and no more rattle. So mine was definitely something in the driver's side dash area, just don't know what lol.

Found the nose, it was a loose wire loom in the windshield Pillar, the plastic push pin that holds the woom in place came loose about a 1/8th" and let the wire loom rattle, pushed it back in and put some gorilla tape on the wires to the metal frame, thanks for the help to all replies

Attachments

• A11.jpg
    A11.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 58
  • A12.jpg
    A12.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 59
I replaced those pins with the two piece ones. Like what chevy used under the hood in the engine bay. I also had a couple that were loose.

Reactions: AXE
I had the same rattle coming from the pillar, had the service take a look at it when I brought it in for oil change. Service rep told me they have a service bulletin out on it. Something about a bracket or connection, long and short of it is they have to take the whole dash off to access. It's full day job so had to make another appointment. Hope that helps.

I still have an annoying sound coming from the back seat, they lubed the seats little better but still there.

Reactions: AXE
I had a back seat rattle as well, there are three spring clamps that are near the top of the back seat evenly spaced, he put black tape on the one that was rattling and now no more noise

I had a back seat rattle as well, there are three spring clamps that are near the top of the back seat evenly spaced, he put black tape on the one that was rattling and now no more noise
Thanks for that, I will definitely give it a try

Just an update, what ever the issue was they had the service bulletin on didn't fix the issue, rattle is back and more annoying then ever...worse than before. Back to square one. I'm interested in the folks that have addressed the A pillar on this issue, how did you take the A pillar off.

Just an update, what ever the issue was they had the service bulletin on didn't fix the issue, rattle is back and more annoying then ever...worse than before. Back to square one. I'm interested in the folks that have addressed the A pillar on this issue, how did you take the A pillar off.
Super easy. Two bolts behind the grab handle and a clip near the top that's a bugger to remove. Just remove the two bolts and then pull REAL HARD until the metal clip releases. Very simple actually.

I had a rattle like this on the passenger side and couldn't figure it out. 2 days later finally found what it was. The visor wasn't clipped in and was just resting on the tab.

Maybe not your source of rattle but might help some of the 1000s of lurkers on this forum.

If they took your dash apart and put it back together, but now the noise is worse. I'd wager its in the dash somewhere. I took mine apart and had a clip missing a screw. I put everything back together and made sure everything was right and tight and mine went away. I also changed the clips in the apiller and wrapped a few possible problems with fabric tape. That didn't fix it. Doing the dash did.

Yup I got the same from The day I left the dealership I think it might be the plastic trim on the roof of mine. Wind and speed makes mine rattle

Most Member Reactions

Back