Another brick in the wall!

AXE

Reaction score
Andre got a bricked Colorado and didn't know how to charge the severly discharge battery with an analog charger.

I seen that video. I laughed pretty hard when he put a 1.1 amp trickle charger on a completely dead 80ah battery. At first he didn't even disconnect it from the truck. Honestly if it was mine I'd want a new battery. Mine drained down once where the truck wouldn't start. But mine didn't get down to no 3.3 volts. At the very least, that shortened that batteries useable life. I guess everything is software controlled and during an update nothing monitors the voltage of the battery. Seems odd they wouldn't have a failsafe that cancels the update if the battery drops below 11.8v or so. Heck my phone won't do a software update if the charge is below a certain %. Seems crazy a vehicle that can't be shifted in to neutral when it dies wouldn't have a similar fail safe.

Reactions: AXE
Andre got a bricked Colorado and didn't know how to charge the severly discharge battery with an analog charger.

As plugged in as TFL is with Johnson Auto Plaza, A large dealer in Brighton, Colorado. I would dump that turd, personally. But I guess it's good for videos! I have one vehicle and it better be reliable or I'm getting rid of it. I like to do some road trips, and, imagine this crap when you go out to your truck in the morning at a remote hotel!

As plugged in as TFL is with Johnson Auto Plaza, A large dealer in Brighton, Colorado. I would dump that turd, personally. But I guess it's good for videos! I have one vehicle and it better be reliable or I'm getting rid of it. I like to do some road trips, and, imagine this crap when you go out to your truck in the morning at a remote hotel!
I carry a jump pack in my truck. I've carried one pretty much since the lithium packs became common. Don't get me wrong this problem needs to be fixed and for the price we pay it just shouldn't be a thing. But this was also a little bit drama for views. He could have just jumped the truck off and drove it around the block, then put his trickle charger on it. Would have took him 10 mins instead of all weekend. But that doesn't make for a good video. Him actually leaving ti in such a low state of charge, was actually worse for the battery. That 1 amp charger was also a bit silly. His truck probably has a 150amp alternator just for perspective.

I carry a jump pack in my truck. I've carried one pretty much since the lithium packs became common. Don't get me wrong this problem needs to be fixed and for the price we pay it just shouldn't be a thing. But this was also a little bit drama for views. He could have just jumped the truck off and drove it around the block, then put his trickle charger on it. Would have took him 10 mins instead of all weekend. But that doesn't make for a good video. Him actually leaving ti in such a low state of charge, was actually worse for the battery. That 1 amp charger was also a bit silly. His truck probably has a 150amp alternator just for perspective.
I agree! It's a lot about the views.

TFL is one of the worst automotive channels on youtube imo. Truck King is better; he drives trucks like they are supposed to be driven. He's non biased unlike TFL, and not scripted just looking for clicks. He takes trucks on an off road hydro line circuit on his land, and has a ramp he drives them on to look underneath at the drive train, skid plates, etc. I like when he compares two similar trucks off-roading on the same course.

ZR2 vs Tremor

ZR2 towing, off-roading and up on the ramp

I like TFL for the most part. You just watch their stuff knowing they have to tow the line to some degree. They can't be too negative or harsh, because they have to maintain a relationship with the manufactures. Just like today they put of video with the new Silverado EV. They have a production truck to test and review. I think maybe the first one out there. They won't get vehicles like that if they are too negative. But they will at least point out problems and concerns. They just tend to also high light the positive. Just like when they had a 1500 ZR2. Any mention of DFM was positive. They acted like it was great to have because it saves fuel. When we all know, It's horrible and most of us would gladly opt out of it and trade the fuel saving for increased reliability. At the same time they pointed out that GM\Chevy should have had a halo version to really compete with the TRX and Raptor R. They showed a lot of negative content on the Hummer EV. They also knocked the production numbers. The same time they made sure to come off positive overall. That's just how they work.

I like TFL for the most part. You just watch their stuff knowing they have to tow the line to some degree. They can't be too negative or harsh, because they have to maintain a relationship with the manufactures. Just like today they put of video with the new Silverado EV. They have a production truck to test and review. I think maybe the first one out there. They won't get vehicles like that if they are too negative. But they will at least point out problems and concerns. They just tend to also high light the positive. Just like when they had a 1500 ZR2. Any mention of DFM was positive. They acted like it was great to have because it saves fuel. When we all know, It's horrible and most of us would gladly opt out of it and trade the fuel saving for increased reliability. At the same time they pointed out that GM\Chevy should have had a halo version to really compete with the TRX and Raptor R. They showed a lot of negative content on the Hummer EV. They also knocked the production numbers. The same time they made sure to come off positive overall. That's just how they work.
You're right about that part for sure. Roman seems to be able to get the first ones available. I like Truck King videos.

Yeah, I like TFL, TK, and a few others. I think the discussions on these forums are more valuable for real world stuff. I've definitely been helped by many people on this forum. There's always someone with a tip or two.......good stuff!

If anyone wants a really good Lithium jump pack, I can recommend this Auwdew pack. They come in a nice portable pack , emergency light, comes with charging accessories. Stays 100% charged for months. Only thing I don't like is short leads can make it hard to connect on some batteries.

When I first bought this I was skeptical due to size. I then rolled my Duramax 6.6L diesel no problem 3 times in a row without charging. Doesn't even break a sweat on a gasser. I've jumped my camper generator, boat, sxs, and several cars. Project Farm tested several on YouTube and this one did best. Seems like several other brands look the same like every product from ChiNa.

Andeman Car Jump Starter 2000A Peak 20000mAh (Start Any Gas Engine or up to 8.5L Diesel Engine) Battery Charger Automotive, 12V Car Jumper, Power Bank Power Pack with Quick Charge 3.0 Ports https://a.co/d/gDwgu8y

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The problem is that TFL never waves back when you see them on 76 or e470.

Most Member Reactions

Back