Can bumper sensors be installed?

Big_dog

Reaction score
I can't believe this truck didn't come with the front end sensors on the bumper. Those are so nice to have when parking in tight situations. The cameras are great but they do not take the place of those audible alert sensors.
I was wondering if since the AT4X has these, is the system already setup for them where there could be a plug and play solution to add this feature so it's integrated into the main dash display? I don't really want the crappy aftermarket version.
Thx!!

I can't believe this truck didn't come with the front end sensors on the bumper. Those are so nice to have when parking in tight situations. The cameras are great but they do not take the place of those audible alert sensors.
I was wondering if since the AT4X has these, is the system already setup for them where there could be a plug and play solution to add this feature so it's integrated into the main dash display? I don't really want the crappy aftermarket version.
Thx!!
I agree I'm going to miss that feature .

I agree I'm going to miss that feature .
Yeah man, I have had mine a few months now. Love the power and the truck feels solid. But Honestly I was\am disappointed in the overall amenities for the cost . I came from a 2020 1500 ram Ecodiesel, and it was only a bighorn trim level. All the nice features the ram had that The fancy 2500 zr2 doesn't- is really disappointing.
The biggest ones I miss are not only the parking sensors. But also the lack of USB power outlets. What's with only having 2(mis-matched) outlets on the face trim and another set of the same for a back seat full of passengers? Doesn't GM know that everything we use these days requires a USB? Also the lack of any 12v power outlets whatsoever? Are you kidding? Another big one is they decided to omit the moveable pedal box! My 2017 lt had a moveable pedal box for the love of baby Jesus! That's a big deal for me because I have short legs but a tall torso. Now I end up smashed into the wheel in order to comfortably work the pedals. I programmed the seat to slide back when exiting so that helped a bit with that, but still scrunched in feeling while driving.
I dunno but it seems like they completely missed the interior amenities Mark by shorting us out of $50 worth of USB\12v plugs, $100 worth of front bumper sensors and the adjustable pedal box. I would have gladly traded the power passenger seat back to manual for those.

My Dad has a 24 Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie and it has a sweet interior. They've always had the best interiors since 2014.

This was definitely a turn off from the chevy, but I did it anyway.

Yes, the AT4X has front parking sensors.

I will say that much of the year I leave my parking sensors off because snow interferes with them and I get tired of the warnings. But I do like having them at times and have had them on my last four trucks.

The one redeeming factor of the front camera is it shows a red line for proximity when you're creeping up to something.

Does anyone know if the wiring is in place to add front parking sensors to this truck if one was to add an aftermarket bumper that had easy mounting points for them? I assume not but wonder, in case I ever smash my front bumper and go aftermarket as a result.

This was definitely a turn off from the chevy, but I did it anyway.

Yes, the AT4X has front parking sensors.

I will say that much of the year I leave my parking sensors off because snow interferes with them and I get tired of the warnings. But I do like having them at times and have had them on my last four trucks.

The one redeeming factor of the front camera is it shows a red line for proximity when you're creeping up to something.

Does anyone know if the wiring is in place to add front parking sensors to this truck if one was to add an aftermarket bumper that had easy mounting points for them? I assume not but wonder, in case I ever smash my front bumper and go aftermarket as a result.
im gonna say nope! probably would interfere while off roading. should of come with sensors with ability to toggle on off. i think they rely on front camera.

While I realize they would be turned off in almost every off road situation, they are handy at times.

Indeed, the camera is what we have!

Thx!!
Yeah, same here. But it would go crazy while parking inside the home garage.

Coming out of a 2019 ZR2 Colorado to my 2023 ZR2 1500 Bison, I'm super happy finally having rear sensors AND great cameras front and rear for parking... Admittedly, I never had rear sensors or decent cameras at all on the old truck, but the new setup is pretty user friendly for me!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back