CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust 21238BPC

Stop triggering security dude!!! 😅
It's ok my friend. I'm telling you that my Airaid Jr., in combination with my Corsa, has my HP at about 480 and my torque is running about 550. My seat of the pants dyno has never been wrong ;)

Reactions: AXE
I believe 440 HP and 480 torque. Totally agree with the sears of the pants feel with my K&N tube and Borla S.

Reactions: AXE
It's ok my friend. I'm telling you that my Airaid Jr., in combination with my Corsa, has my HP at about 480 and my torque is running about 550. My seat of the pants dyno has never been wrong ;)
Is that RWHP or at the crank?

Glad the system was what you expected!

Didn’t have the same results with the turn down system. I’d recommend anyone to pipes out the back based on security’s review.

Glad the system was what you expected!

Didn’t have the same results with the turn down system. I’d recommend anyone to pipes out the back based on security’s review.
So, the turn down version has drone? Or is it just loud? I was considering the Corsa system, but with turn downs like the stock system. I prefer to keep the clean look of the rear and the clearance the engineers built into the exhaust exit point.

So, the turn down version has drone? Or is it just loud? I was considering the Corsa system, but with turn downs like the stock system. I prefer to keep the clean look of the rear and the clearance the engineers built into the exhaust exit point.
No matter the system, it won’t drone. The configuration will add some NVH to cab. You’ll feel the vibration of the exhaust pulses in the gas pedal for example.

When you point a Corsa system at the concrete, it changes the entire Tone.
Amplifies high frequency sound. Very similar to stright pipes. At least to my ears.

The Corsa system uses zero packing material at all by design so the pitch is already up a few octaves.

I’ll be honest and say the only feedback I received when I installed it was comments on its volume. Tone was lackluster. A few comments blatantly saying the sound was off or the truck didn’t sound “like it looks” for what that’s worth.

Wide open throttle was great, part throttle sounded like shit to be brutally honest.

Start ups were loud. You’d hear the truck cold start 5 houses down the street.

I added a Corsa resonator upstream of the muffler and it fixed the explosive start up and completely remapped the frequency of the system. Lower in tone, more rumble, less popcorn in a pipe. Truck is still plenty loud. Easily 20db’s more than stock.

This is all subjective and by no means is my opinion the only one you should go by. But I have loud stuff. Really loud stuff. Truck just did not sound like it should.

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
No matter the system, it won’t drone. The configuration will add some NVH to cab. You’ll feel the vibration of the exhaust pulses in the gas pedal for example.

Amplifies high frequency sound. Very similar to stright pipes. At least to my ears.

The Corsa system uses zero packing material at all by design so the pitch is already up a few octaves.

I’ll be honest and say the only feedback I received when I installed it was comments on its volume. Tone was lackluster. A few comments blatantly saying the sound was off or the truck didn’t sound “like it looks” for what that’s worth.

Wide open throttle was great, part throttle sounded like shit to be brutally honest.

I added a Corsa resonator upstream of the muffler and it fixed the explosive start up and completely remapped the frequency of the system. Lower in tone, more rumble, less popcorn in a pipe. Truck is still plenty loud. Easily 20db’s more than stock.

I won’t high jack the thread any longer. But the sound is night and day different depending on the tailpipe configuration.
Thanks for your honest opinion.

This is all subjective and by no means is my opinion the only one you should go by. But I have loud stuff. Really loud stuff. Truck just did not sound like it should.
Very interesting how just the direction of flow from the tips can make that much of a difference. I have none of what you stated with my straight back quad tips. My system is a bit louder at start-up than my Borla S-Type. However, once it calms down, the low smooth rumble sounds far better. Step on the gas and it's way better than the Borla. My neighbors actually like the sound of my truck and I have received a ton of compliments since it was installed. I had the Borla S-Type for quite a while and very few people ever said anything about my exhaust except a few neighbors that stated they liked the sound far better than stock. My neighbor across the street has a RAM with a 5.7 HEMI and he has something similar to a Borla ATAK and talk about noise...that thing is nasty!

Last edited:
It's like a lot of things when it comes to modifications, subject to user preferences. Good to hear different preferences, but doesn't always mean you'll like the results.

Very interesting how just the direction of flow from the tips can make that much of a difference. I have none of what you stated with my straight back quad tips. My system is a bit louder at start-up tan my Borla S-Type. However, once it calms down, the low smooth rumble sounds far better. Step on the gas and it's way better than the Borla. My neighbors actually like the sound of my truck and I have received a ton of compliments since it was installed. I had the Borla S-Type for quite a while and very few people ever said anything about my exhaust except a few neighbors that stated they liked the sound far better than stock. My neighbor across the street has a RAM with a 5.7 HEMI and he has something similar to a Borla ATAK and talk about noise...that thing is nasty!
Based on yours and @wutang61 comments I just reached out to Corsa to adjust my order from the downturned tips to out the back. Their last email said they weren't going to get to my order till next week so I should be good.

Most Member Reactions

Back