DIC Truck Picture please

Does anyone have the code used for updating the DIC picture from a LTZ to a ZR2? I went to the dealer yesterday and as they did the fog light update and also the radio update ( didn't work still cuts out! ) and just like I figured they told me the Silverados are 'all the same' and that's as far as it went...
I know I read a thread here about this issue and I think some have had success?!
Pictures of the actual DIC would be really cool along with the update code!
Thanks!!
i sat at my dealer for 2 hours waiting on this update. they went wireless and it failed. now manager says i need i notification from GM or i can pay $85. blow me!

i sat at my dealer for 2 hours waiting on this update. they went wireless and it failed. now manager says i need i notification from GM or i can pay $85. blow me!
It CLEARLY tells them NOT to do the update wirelessly in the bulletin šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Thankfully, sounds like they didnā€™t brick you cluster doing it the incorrect way. Iā€™d find another dealer that has a tech that can read.
IMG_6081.jpeg

Thanks for the picture!
Curious, after start up is the truck in the middle of the tach a ZR2 or LTZ?
A picture of that would be fantastic!
Mine has the ZR2 image in the Tach. It only shows the ZR2 animation on the gauge side. The infotainment center is still the Chevy bowtie. If The dealership you go to says that they cannot do it give them the info that Q has posted and if they still seem clueless just save your time and go to another dealership. You can't fix stupid! šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_162956887.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162956887.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230918_181734.jpg
    20230918_181734.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 58
Mine has the ZR2 image in the Tach. It only shows the ZR2 animation on the gauge side. The infotainment center is still the Chevy bowtie. If The dealership you go to says that they cannot do it give them the info that Q has posted and if they still seem clueless just save your time and go to another dealership. You can't fix stupid! šŸ˜‚
Roger that! Thanks for the pictures!

So i was having the same problem of it showing a Tahoe. And i took it to my local dealer and they told me that some module was flashed for the Tahoe when it was updated last and that they called gm engineer and that the module wouldn't take a second update. So they are warranty claiming it for a new module and that it will have the zr2 startup screen along with the zr2 truck on the digital cluster. Just waiting for the part now with no eta on delivery due to the strikes

So i was having the same problem of it showing a Tahoe. And i took it to my local dealer and they told me that some module was flashed for the Tahoe when it was updated last and that they called gm engineer and that the module wouldn't take a second update. So they are warranty claiming it for a new module and that it will have the zr2 startup screen along with the zr2 truck on the digital cluster. Just waiting for the part now with no eta on delivery due to the strikes
Yeah that sounds right. The part wonā€™t fix it though, and should be exchange not through gm parts if itā€™s the IPC itself. Iā€™m a gm tech, so I play both sides. Iā€™ve never been a fan of forums because the misinformation that spreads in them. I joined this one to see if everyone was experiencing the same issues I am. I had a 2500 pickup on my DIC but when I did the update on that bulletin earlier in this thread for a separate issue it changed to a Tahoe. It is a software issue that cannot be fixed. Replacing the module will require another program of the same calibration which in my experience will set the same stupid ass Tahoe. There will be many more software updates im sure. Iā€™ll wait til my next one and if it changes Iā€™ll let yā€™all know. Iā€™m really more worried/tired of Alexa turning my fucking blower motor off every time I start to driveā€¦

Yeah that sounds right. The part wonā€™t fix it though, and should be exchange not through gm parts if itā€™s the IPC itself. Iā€™m a gm tech, so I play both sides. Iā€™ve never been a fan of forums because the misinformation that spreads in them. I joined this one to see if everyone was experiencing the same issues I am. I had a 2500 pickup on my DIC but when I did the update on that bulletin earlier in this thread for a separate issue it changed to a Tahoe. It is a software issue that cannot be fixed. Replacing the module will require another program of the same calibration which in my experience will set the same stupid ass Tahoe. There will be many more software updates im sure. Iā€™ll wait til my next one and if it changes Iā€™ll let yā€™all know. Iā€™m really more worried/tired of Alexa turning my fucking blower motor off every time I start to driveā€¦
So how did some of the people report it being fixed with updates? Cause it drives me nuts with the Tahoe. The service department told me now this is just what they so i know grain of salt but that gm told them this part is vin specific and when it comes in will correct the problem right away

So how did some of the people report it being fixed with updates? Cause it drives me nuts with the Tahoe. The service department told me now this is just what they so i know grain of salt but that gm told them this part is vin specific and when it comes in will correct the problem right away

If I recall correctly, in a previous thread about updating the driver info center to the ZR2 configuration there is a specific folder in the update software that contains the ZR2 graphics. I'm kind of glad my OCD has been keeping me from updating. I just know my local dealer would totally screw my truck up.

If I recall correctly, in a previous thread about updating the driver info center to the ZR2 configuration there is a specific folder in the update software that contains the ZR2 graphics. I'm kind of glad my OCD has been keeping me from updating. I just know my local dealer would totally screw my truck up.
My dealership gave me confidence that they could get it lined out. They were pretty specific when explaining it. Because they were able to tell me when they applied the past update they selected the Tahoe flash. They also talked about how it would only take on flash or something. That why the need for the new part. They seemed pretty confident. But regardless. They are not charging me

My dealership gave me confidence that they could get it lined out. They were pretty specific when explaining it. Because they were able to tell me when they applied the past update they selected the Tahoe flash. They also talked about how it would only take on flash or something. That why the need for the new part. They seemed pretty confident. But regardless. They are not charging me
The software is vin specific, gm puts it out for us to program the module. if they put the wrong cal files for the truck or suv we have no way of changing that or knowing until itā€™s programmed. Sometimes we replace radios and they say gmc until we program and it changes to Chevy itā€™s all in the software. We can make selections of predetermined files depending on what we are programming or trying to fix with a program but only if available. Most calibrations are put in the database by whoever at gm does that. The ipc Can be programmed over and over unless it fails, which it isnā€™t since it works just wrong picture. Whenever I programmed mine I donā€™t remember being able to select anything in the calibration files but maybe thatā€™s changed since. I havenā€™t had time to bring mine back in to try again. Maybe they know something I donā€™t and hope it fixes it, just giving my two cents.

Ok definitive answer on the ipc update. The calibration file for my truck has changed. I installed the graphics calibration then the programming calibration and I now have a zr2 on the dic.

Attachments

• IMG_9071.jpeg
    IMG_9071.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9072.jpeg
    IMG_9072.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 32
Ok definitive answer on the ipc update. The calibration file for my truck has changed. I installed the graphics calibration then the programming calibration and I now have a zr2 on the dic.
Glad you got it figured out. What does ā€œipcā€ stand for? I ask because a member may find it useful with their service writer or tech. Iā€™d be in to update my driver information center if it would only update the truck graphic from the LTZ to ZR2. I think GM was a little short sighted mixing startup animations. I like how the Chevy animation goes from the DIC to the Radio.

Glad you got it figured out. What does ā€œipcā€ stand for? I ask because a member may find it useful with their service writer or tech. Iā€™d be in to update my driver information center if it would only update the truck graphic from the LTZ to ZR2. I think GM was a little short sighted mixing startup animations. I like how the Chevy animation goes from the DIC to the Radio.
Instrument panel cluster. Thatā€™s the Speedo and driver information center on these trucks. If you take yours to a dealer they need to program that graphics package for the ipc first then the regular programming for the same module after.

Most Member Reactions

Back