DIC Truck Picture please

Ok definitive answer on the ipc update. The calibration file for my truck has changed. I installed the graphics calibration then the programming calibration and I now have a zr2 on the dic.
Wish we could just do this ourselves....Former engineer with Xerox. Dealt with lots of sketchy software issues over the years.

It’s the only available software for the instrument panel cluster. It’s 2 different calibrations that must be done in order together to make the ipc operate. You can’t pick anything. There’s no bulletin or any other info I can give you. And yeah gm doesn’t want anyone but service dept to have access any more private shops are gonna have to bring stuff in to have it programmed for sure.

There’s no bulletin or any other info I can give you.
So are you saying this bulletin “23-NA-035 Instruments Cluster update” is no longer applicable? Or its procedures are incorrect?

So are you saying this bulletin “23-NA-035 Instruments Cluster update” is no longer applicable? Or its procedures are incorrect?
That bulletin is for “software related issues” pretty broad description if you ask me lol. It is very applicable but it is not to correct any 1 issue. And if whoever does the software updates doesn’t do them in order or do all of them you’ll likely have another issue.

Last edited:
I can successfully report back that my truck has been updated and now has the correct images on the ipc
IMG_0931.jpeg

Well the dealer finally agreed to see if they could fix this, dropped the truck off yesterday AM.
Got a call in the afternoon, they were able to get a TAC Team? to help with the issue, but now the dash display is of a Tahoe! LOL! At least they are on the right track, gonna attempt it again tomorrow!
Stay tuned!

Reactions: AXE
Turns out the DIC is the wrong part #, they had to order a new one that will accept the ZR2 logo....
Stay Tuned!
I think someone else had this same issue?!

Turns out the DIC is the wrong part #, they had to order a new one that will accept the ZR2 logo....
Stay Tuned!
I think someone else had this same issue?!
Yea I did, 24 year gm master tech on my own truck I can tell you they programmed it wrong if you have the Tahoe now for sure. Replacing the ipc will fix it because it will force them to program it correctly…

If the dealer struggles to get the correct image variant then they are not programming with the correct calibration most likely. The graphics software containing the ZR2 assets was released over a year and a half ago. Any parts past then would have shipped with the correct graphics software in order to be calibrated for the welcome animation and enhanced drive mode indicator. There were 3 cluster variants: chevy/gmc truck, chevy/gmc suv, and suv denali. Sometimes they order the wrong part, or don't perform the initial programming correctly. And then sometimes they still manage to brick parts. But the OTA team should have rolled out these updates ages ago, they were always so far behind in campaigns. Source: former gm cluster engineer.

If the dealer struggles to get the correct image variant then they are not programming with the correct calibration most likely. The graphics software containing the ZR2 assets was released over a year and a half ago. Any parts past then would have shipped with the correct graphics software in order to be calibrated for the welcome animation and enhanced drive mode indicator. There were 3 cluster variants: chevy/gmc truck, chevy/gmc suv, and suv denali. Sometimes they order the wrong part, or don't perform the initial programming correctly. And then sometimes they still manage to brick parts. But the OTA team should have rolled out these updates ages ago, they were always so far behind in campaigns. Source: former gm cluster engineer.
well said and i agree with OTA rollout. i sat a dealer for over 2 hours and got no update. the tech did it wirelessly instead of hardwire like tech service bulletin says....sucks.

Update! The new DIC fixed the issue!
As a bonus, so far the radio has not 'muted' after startup so far. It's only been one day so we'll see.....
Anyway, found a service rep willing to dig a little bit. He's getting a bottle of Makers Mark tomorrow!
So no more DIC pics please!

Attachments

• IMG_1904[1].JPG
    IMG_1904[1].JPG
    265.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1905[1].JPG
    IMG_1905[1].JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 26
Update! The new DIC fixed the issue!
As a bonus, so far the radio has not 'muted' after startup so far. It's only been one day so we'll see.....
Anyway, found a service rep willing to dig a little bit. He's getting a bottle of Makers Mark tomorrow!
So no more DIC pics please!
can you post a pic of RO with codes.

23-NA-035 Instruments Cluster update

The file below tells the dealership tech how to preform the update.
So went to my dealership in Novi, MI and no luck. They could not find #23-NA-035, but did find #22-NA-120. I'm confused...is 035 will fix this issue or 120?

Most Member Reactions

Back