Hello from Alaska!

AK-ZR2

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Got my 2022 ZR2 back in January, since then, just got the Borla attack and had a shop dump it right before passenger left rear tire (same style I had on my old ‘05 Ranger race truck back in California) and got the black out badge package. Working on the Camburg Billet UCA and Remote Resi KING 2.5” adjustable compression Front coil over and rear shock kit right now. Going for the level with no spacers (I love my healthy ratios of shock stroke to wheel travel) and 35x12.5/R17’s with 0 offset. Plenty of trucks up here and the DSSV price finally hit accessories for 1500’s so I’ll most likely sell them off. Picture in profile is the glacier blue ZR2 in front of Matanuska Glacier 🤙🏻 Pardon the dust

Attachments

• 55654D5B-505C-4FAD-BFF5-07F24809E51C.jpeg
    55654D5B-505C-4FAD-BFF5-07F24809E51C.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 448F8F79-C302-434D-B0A5-AB78002C873C.jpeg
    448F8F79-C302-434D-B0A5-AB78002C873C.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 80
  • F09E5A79-6A5B-40A6-9303-D177DC839CDC.jpeg
    F09E5A79-6A5B-40A6-9303-D177DC839CDC.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 926EBFEE-FC33-442B-9CA5-CAADA2303D62.jpeg
    926EBFEE-FC33-442B-9CA5-CAADA2303D62.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 79
So
Hi everyone,
Got my 2022 ZR2 back in January, since then, just got the Borla attack and had a shop dump it right before passenger left rear tire (same style I had on my old ‘05 Ranger race truck back in California) and got the black out badge package. Working on the Camburg Billet UCA and Remote Resi KING 2.5” adjustable compression Front coil over and rear shock kit right now. Going for the level with no spacers (I love my healthy ratios of shock stroke to wheel travel) and 35x12.5/R17’s with 0 offset. Plenty of trucks up here and the DSSV price finally hit accessories for 1500’s so I’ll most likely sell them off. Picture in profile is the glacier blue ZR2 in front of Matanuska Glacier 🤙🏻 Pardon the dust
So, you are removing your award winning...everyone would die to have DSSV shocks???

So

So, you are removing your award winning...everyone would die to have DSSV shocks???
With no love lost! Adjustable compression, even without bypass’s, and rebuildable. Kings are a weakness of mine and will probably be the end of my wallet. Lol I can’t and couldn’t personally consider putting a spacer in my suspension. Caster and camber were taken into account when Camburg made the UCA’s and even then going tubular arms on this truck, I feel, would have been like giving my wife a crackerjack box wedding ring… ran KING’s for years (18” stroke rear 3.0 triple bypasses, 15” 2.5 coil overs and 3.0 triple bypasses upfront with their 2.5 bump stop) and never had failure… it was tough and sometimes I feel like I was asleep at the wheel when I pulled the trigger on the kit. It wasn’t a light decision and we will see how it plays out!

Forget King shocks, can you hook me up with some King crab legs and an Alaskan Amber.........maybe some halibut chunks, blackened salmon, and reindeer sausage?
Ahhhh the good stuff! I may be persuaded to send a care package, if you could be my Harbor Freight “in store purchase only” connection 😂

Sounds like a deal!

I love Alaska, been a while since I've been there. Have done some project work there for Chugach Electric. Made my rounds to all the good places to eat in Anchorage, Seward, Soldotna, and Homer. Always found some time to fish and take in the scenery. Beautiful place, I need to return!

Sounds like a deal!

I love Alaska, been a while since I've been there. Have done some project work there for Chugach Electric. Made my rounds to all the good places to eat in Anchorage, Seward, Soldotna, and Homer. Always found some time to fish and take in the scenery. Beautiful place, I need to return!
Wife was moved to JBER and after just a week here we decided this was it because of just that!

Reactions: AXE
I'm another one that misses AK and was able to travel throughout the entire state. The halibut/salmon fishing taking the ATV's to Boulder, Kings River and Jims Creek. It was always a shame to see some nice rides totaled out from being flooded out or shot up if left overnight at Jims Creek. That ZR2 will be able to to some nice areas to explore.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back