Max AC

Cosmic Kid

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone is enjoying this warm summer and that brings to my attention my AC in the ZR2. This the first Chevy Truck I have owned that doesn't have a max AC button on the dash. I didn't notice it until I needed it I guess. Cooling off that large cab in high heats needs to be punched up quick sometimes, but I find myself rolling the windows down is faster, oh well.

I'm sure everyone is enjoying this warm summer and that brings to my attention my AC in the ZR2. This the first Chevy Truck I have owned that doesn't have a max AC button on the dash. I didn't notice it until I needed it I guess. Cooling off that large cab in high heats needs to be punched up quick sometimes, but I find myself rolling the windows down is faster, oh well.
“MAX AC” Just sets the blend doors to full cold and the air intake to recirculate.

Twist them to LO, and press recirculate.

Also would recommend adjusting the “Comfort settings” to allow “High” Speed fan operation and enable remote seat ventilation.

Remote start before you climb in.

I didn’t order my truck new so I don’t know if it was an option or standard on all ZR2s but I find it helps if you roll the windows down when you’re walking up to the truck. It lets that smack you face heat out before you get in so the a/c can cool off the cab quicker.

I think if you put it on auto setting it will blast a lot harder at startup. That being said, I feel like the auto setting doesn't dial down quickly or enough and it's loud.

My wife has a 23 Tahoe and sometimes I feel like it cools better. She said the other day she didn't think it was cooling as fast.

I think its more of these janky electronics again. I do think the seats cool faster than previous generations.

It's only 115 to 118 degrees here for last 5 weeks so it's not like it's needed reliably.

When you turn the dial to low it is max AC...so to speak. Just do a remote start about 5 minutes before you're ready to leave. I live in Vegas in the desert heat and that's what I do. When you do a remote start it also runs the ventilated seats.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back