Paint chipping

I should add that the other interesting thing is this....
The trailboss was ordered on the exact same day as my ZR2 and built the exact same timeframe.
Obviously it is here....and the ZR2 is still sitting in Mexico.
Sooooo, one would assume that the missing parts are specific to the ZR2 or the other higher trim levels (maybe the high country)?
Just an observation...
Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors. When each vehicle was transferred to the storage lot, where it was parked, when parts were ordered for each vehicle, when parts arrived and were allocated to each vehicle, etc.

Generally, they grab the vehicles that are easiest to get out first.

Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors. When each vehicle was transferred to the storage lot, where it was parked, when parts were ordered for each vehicle, when parts arrived and were allocated to each vehicle, etc.

Generally, they grab the vehicles that are easiest to get out first.
Seems like the ones that are being built now are being shipped faster? Is that an accurate statement?
And does this bode well for us stuck at 4D00 or bad news?
Seems counterintuitive but then again nothing about this process from GM has seemed to make sense thus far...

Seems like the ones that are being built now are being shipped faster? Is that an accurate statement?
And does this bode well for us stuck at 4D00 or bad news?
Seems counterintuitive but then again nothing about this process from GM has seemed to make sense thus far...
Yes. The trucks built now have everything needed to ship so out the door they go. It's good and bad in that if they have parts available and are using them on new production trucks, it means ours are sitting still. I would imagine they need to do it this way to keep the plant running.

This is why they have shut down recently though. They are supposed to try and get the trucks missing parts moving while the plant is shut down. Hopefully they get them knocked out. The shutdown is why there are so many trucks that were supposed to be built 8/15 are still showing the same status at 3400 with no updated TPW. They are at least 2-3 weeks behind right now while they try to catch up and get these MP trucks finished.

We were warned though that it could be December before we start seeing some of these units arrive.

Yes. The trucks built now have everything needed to ship so out the door they go. It's good and bad in that if they have parts available and are using them on new production trucks, it means ours are sitting still. I would imagine they need to do it this way to keep the plant running.

This is why they have shut down recently though. They are supposed to try and get the trucks missing parts moving while the plant is shut down. Hopefully they get them knocked out. The shutdown is why there are so many trucks that were supposed to be built 8/15 are still showing the same status at 3400 with no updated TPW. They are at least 2-3 weeks behind right now while they try to catch up and get these MP trucks finished.

We were warned though that it could be December before we start seeing some of these units arrive.
Great info.
Thank you very much!!

Finally! Truck is headed to the body shop on the third of October. Will get everything but the hood fixed. Maybe is my luck holds out GM will have a fix for the hood by then.

Add in a new place on mine. Both sides on the seam under the yellow reflectors.
74AC890C-CAB4-488D-8C40-BEB06FCEF5F1.jpeg

Damn, finally noticed this morning that my 2 week old, 600 mile Dark Ash Metallic isn't immune. I have the same imperfections at the top corners of the hood scoop. Tiny and pretty much unnoticeable at this point unless you went looking for it, just hope they don't grow. I don't have any issues with my doors, behind the headlights, etc. that some others have posted. Not too concerned at this point but will keep and eye out for GM's official response.

Damn, finally noticed this morning that my 2 week old, 600 mile Dark Ash Metallic isn't immune. I have the same imperfections at the top corners of the hood scoop. Tiny and pretty much unnoticeable at this point unless you went looking for it, just hope they don't grow. I don't have any issues with my doors, behind the headlights, etc. that some others have posted. Not too concerned at this point but will keep and eye out for GM's official response.
They have a fix for the hood now.

Any more details or a service bulletin? I made a call earlier this week to my dealer and they didn't seem to know anthing about it.
I take my truck in Monday to get fixed. I will know more than and let you know what the fix is.

My truck goes in on the 17th to fix the hood. The info I seen at the body shop showed different thickness of foam and where to put those pieces under the scoop.

Most Member Reactions

Back