Portable tire inflator

I saw that Rigid--it won a review of cordless 18V options. Only that tool + battery + charger ends up being pretty expensive. And it's big feature of having a back up 12V plug is only useful with a ZR2 if you get an adapter. I worry about the space the inflator, battery, charger, 12V adapter, etc would take up for an item that is just for emergencies. I guess if you always keep the battery charged you don't need to keep the charger in the truck. It is on the list for consideration.

In terms of power draw there's a 120V version of that Husky inflator that draws no more than 150W so I think the 400W outlets in the ZR2 would be more than enough. The 120V of the husky has better specs than the 12V version (not surprisingly). The power cord is very short though so an extension cord would be required.

You all have given me too many options. :p
Why would you need to carry around the charger? These tools take up little to no space in your truck. The point is to keep the battery fully charged and, when fully charged, should be at about full capacity for 6+ months if it's a quality LiON battery pack.

If you just want a cheap emergency compressor that plugs in. Assuming you don't mind adding a 12v outlet. I'd just get this one from harbor freight. It's what I carry in my SXS. I've been through about a half a dozen of these kind of compressors. This one is as good or better then the more expensive ones. It's actually got some weight to it and is made pretty well. I've used mine a ton and it gets bounced around on the trail. It's cheap and no batteries to worry with. As long as you can reach all four of your tires with it plugged in It's fine.

If you just want a cheap emergency compressor that plugs in. Assuming you don't mind adding a 12v outlet. I'd just get this one from harbor freight. It's what I carry in my SXS. I've been through about a half a dozen of these kind of compressors. This one is as good or better then the more expensive ones. It's actually got some weight to it and is made pretty well. I've used mine a ton and it gets bounced around on the trail. It's cheap and no batteries to worry with. As long as you can reach all four of your tires with it plugged in It's fine.
I have one of those too :D

Most Member Reactions

Back