Power source

Fireracer17

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a 2023 ZR2 and have a small issue. No cigarette lighter DC outlet? I have a radar detector and a Yellow safety light I used to plug in my 2919 Denali. What are people doing to compensate for this?

Hello I just bought a 2023 ZR2 and have a small issue. No cigarette lighter DC outlet? I have a radar detector and a Yellow safety light I used to plug in my 2919 Denali. What are people doing to compensate for this?
I hardwired my radar detector into the fuse panel and installed a Blendmount on the mirror stalk. Very sweet! You can also buy a cigarette lighter plug and hardwire the same for your safety light.

ZR2 install3.jpg

ZR2 install4.jpg

I'm in the same boat, have a dashcam that has a 12v cigarette power cord, so it looks like we need to hardwire.

Before I start using a multimeter, do we have a few options for fuses that are constant / accessory power in the passenger side fuse panel? I want to hook up my dash cam and use parking mode, so I need both constant and switched.

My local auto parts store only had micro2 fuse taps, so I'm limited to the Micro2 slots. Trying to see if there's anything that I can use or if I have to order a micro3 tap online.

Also, is there a decent ground location on the passenger side?

I'm in the same boat, have a dashcam that has a 12v cigarette power cord, so it looks like we need to hardwire.

Before I start using a multimeter, do we have a few options for fuses that are constant / accessory power in the passenger side fuse panel? I want to hook up my dash cam and use parking mode, so I need both constant and switched.

My local auto parts store only had micro2 fuse taps, so I'm limited to the Micro2 slots. Trying to see if there's anything that I can use or if I have to order a micro3 tap online.

Also, is there a decent ground location on the passenger side?
There are two fuses on the passenger side fuse panel...easy to access and tap. I can take another look at mine and share which fuses I tapped for constant 12V and switched 12V. You will need both for a dash cam and only switched for a radar detector. You can always order fuse taps from Amazon...they have every type under the sun.

There are two fuses on the passenger side fuse panel...easy to access and tap. I can take another look at mine and share which fuses I tapped for constant 12V and switched 12V. You will need both for a dash cam and only switched for a radar detector. You can always order fuse taps from Amazon...they have every type under the sun.
Perfect, this would be super helpful. If they're both Micro2, I'm set. If it's Micro3, it's off to Amazon I go. :)

Where did you ground to?

Perfect, this would be super helpful. If they're both Micro2, I'm set. If it's Micro3, it's off to Amazon I go. :)

Where did you ground to?
You will need 1-Micro3 tap as seen in the pic. You can catch a great ground right at the fuse panel...lots of metal to attach to.

ZR2 Fuse.jpg

ZR2 Fuse2.jpg

ZR2 Fuse3.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My v1 pulls directly out of the Mirrior harness. It is a brave new world with the deletion of many long time features

I just use this and works fine

Attachments

• 7B52858D-6EC2-461C-99BD-78D00B51F879.jpeg
    7B52858D-6EC2-461C-99BD-78D00B51F879.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 279
So I wired in to the fuse panel just as you did here and anything I plugged in got fried. Was a micro USB cable. Fried a dash am, a battery bank, everything. Tapped into the ground, voltmeter tested and everything. I have no clue what the hell happened. Any ideas?

So I wired in to the fuse panel just as you did here and anything I plugged in got fried. Was a micro USB cable. Fried a dash am, a battery bank, everything. Tapped into the ground, voltmeter tested and everything. I have no clue what the hell happened. Any

So I wired in to the fuse panel just as you did here and anything I plugged in got fried. Was a micro USB cable. Fried a dash am, a battery bank, everything. Tapped into the ground, voltmeter tested and everything. I have no clue what the hell happened. Any ideas?
i purchased different adaptors.

Attachments

• 20230419_141755.jpg
    20230419_141755.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 91
As an EE, I'd be happy to chat via phone and discuss this in greater detail. PM me and I'll share my cell if you want to connect. You should never "fry" anything if it's fused correctly with the proper value fuse.

Most Member Reactions

Back