Rear Park Assist

cef2lion

Reaction score
I just checked my VIN for recalls an the rear park assist finally came up. My build date was 4/8/22. I let my dealer know. Not sure about parts availability given the UAW strike

Response from my dealer. I thought they would have to contact GM to order the part regardless of availability. Hard believe GM is sending them out randomly to dealers regardless of need.

‘That particular part was on national restriction before the strike, so it may be a while coming in, but I let parts know to save one for you when they do. The dealerships are only getting a couple at a time when they ARE sending them out. When we have one available for your vehicle, we will definitely give you a call!’

Response from my dealer. I thought they would have to contact GM to order the part regardless of availability. Hard believe GM is sending them out randomly to dealers regardless of need.

‘That particular part was on national restriction before the strike, so it may be a while coming in, but I let parts know to save one for you when they do. The dealerships are only getting a couple at a time when they ARE sending them out. When we have one available for your vehicle, we will definitely give you a call!’
Your dealer is an Idiot!

I talked to another dealer closer to me. They are ordering the part. Not sure when it’s coming in but at least they are responsive about it. They are also going to look at the cluster and radio updates posted in another thread recently.

I got a call from GM today. I had sent GM an email about what my 1st dealer said. GM confirmed the part has been ordered. They said the 2nd dealer I talked to got it right. I’m switching to this 2nd dealer. Done with the dealer I bought the truck from.

My rear park assist part came in. Taking it in Friday for the retrofit. Just over a week for the dealer to get the part.

They are going to look at updating the radio firmware and ZR2 cluster update as well per what someone posted in another thread on this forum. I printed the work the dealer tech did to perform the updates.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back