Silverado ZR2 cluster over the air update!

The cluster Bulletin Number is 22-NA-120

This is the first page of the 6 page bulletin.
1682964515077.jpeg

Can we get that update ID/# posted? Whatever identifier we could use at our shops that they can search easily...

So I went to my dealership last week and the service desk employee looked up the file and it IS VALID. They tried to flash it to mine, but the system is locked to loading anything. They have to escalate the service by opening a ticket with GM, so that they can have access to the system. Mine says I'm currently driving Tahoe also. Ever since the last recall. I also read that this flash not only gives you the new ZR2 animation, but it also allows the front cameras to stay on without shutting off automatically. It's sad when you buy a truck for this much money and the GM employees and service techs don't know or are to lazy to research how to do these things. Thank God there are a few good ones out there 🙌🙏😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-124659.png
    Screenshot_20230424-124659.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 79
So I went to my dealership last week and the service desk employee looked up the file and it IS VALID. They tried to flash it to mine, but the system is locked to loading anything. They have to escalate the service by opening a ticket with GM, so that they can have access to the system. Mine says I'm currently driving Tahoe also. Ever since the last recall. I also read that this flash not only gives you the new ZR2 animation, but it also allows the front cameras to stay on without shutting off automatically. It's sad when you buy a truck for this much money and the GM employees and service techs don't know or are to lazy to research how to do these things. Thank God there are a few good ones out there 🙌🙏😁
thanks to you and forum member ,
The_Q for posting lastest tech bulletin. at least i have the ammo next time at that dopey dealer.

Thanks for posting this. I was able to have the dealer flash this today. Looks nice.
Glad it helped. I still haven't updated mine. I'm not happy with the half baked splash screen. If it were to carry over to the infotainment screen I'd be at the dealership today. I am a little OCD, so I choose to keep the LTZ truck in the cluster versus the half and half splash screen. With having the HUD, I rarely look at the cluster.

Glad it helped. I still haven't updated mine. I'm not happy with the half baked splash screen. If it were to carry over to the infotainment screen I'd be at the dealership today. I am a little OCD, so I choose to keep the LTZ truck in the cluster versus the half and half splash screen. With having the HUD, I rarely look at the cluster.
Exactly! I don't want two different themes. I actually don't mind the gold Chevrolet graphics, so I'll let it ride!

Exactly! I don't want two different themes. I actually don't mind the gold Chevrolet graphics, so I'll let it ride

Exactly! I don't want two different themes. I actually don't mind the gold Chevrolet graphics, so I'll let it ride!
I agree. I just want the cameras to not time out.

I read that it DOES stop the front camera from time out and closing. Going this Tuesday to get it done. Regardless of if it works or not...the Tahoe is coming off!
would you mind reporting back your results? I had mine at the dealership on Friday for a couple of things, and they couldn't get the cluster update to flash. I've still got one more recall (exhaust shield bolts) to do so I'm going to take this bulletin in and try again, but I'd be interested to know how your visit goes...

Thanks in advance!!

would you mind reporting back your results? I had mine at the dealership on Friday for a couple of things, and they couldn't get the cluster update to flash. I've still got one more recall (exhaust shield bolts) to do so I'm going to take this bulletin in and try again, but I'd be interested to know how your visit goes...

Thanks in advance!!
Yes will definitely post results.

Mine is going in for a state inspection tomorrow and I told my advisor to do the cluster update as well. He said it's a real pain to get right. They have done 5 or 6 already and one guy had to get a new cluster installed. I'll report back tomorrow.

The cluster Bulletin Number is 22-NA-120

This is the first page of the 6 page bulletin.
View attachment 4869
Yes, but until your VIN "comes up" regarding the animation changes, your dealer will either not know what you are talking about and/or try for a long time to install the update and fail (success for a few).

Reactions: AXE
Mine is going in for a state inspection tomorrow and I told my advisor to do the cluster update as well. He said it's a real pain to get right. They have done 5 or 6 already and one guy had to get a new cluster installed. I'll report back tomorrow.
i went to my dealer ti have it done and waited 2hrs. got in the truck to head home and nothing changed. wasted time. anybody know why this update is such a hassle?? i think im just gonna keep gold animation.

Reactions: AXE
i went to my dealer ti have it done and waited 2hrs. got in the truck to head home and nothing changed. wasted time. anybody know why this update is such a hassle?? i think im just gonna keep gold animation.
I think people are getting the wrong update or an outdated version which was posted on here. I made a post on another thread about my success with the #23-NA-035. I have a 2022, not sure if it matters. Everything is working great and I have the ZR2 cluster animation. My cluster also reflects a ZR2 not another vehicle. Watch out for the cluster coming back with a Tahoe animation , my service advisor noticed it after the update and took it back in to have the correct profile loaded.

Most Member Reactions

Back