Silverado ZR2 cluster over the air update!

So my service advisor just called. He told me that when the tech went to do the cluster update, it came up that GM would no longer cover it under warranty unless there was an issue with the cluster. If I wanted it done it would be $170.00 and if it didn't work it wouldn't be covered under the warranty. He told me that it's probably because the software is so screwed up and it's there way of washing their hands of it. So unless the cluster fails in some way, it won't be covered under the warranty. Typical GM cop out!

So my service advisor just called. He told me that when the tech went to do the cluster update, it came up that GM would no longer cover it under warranty unless there was an issue with the cluster. If I wanted it done it would be $170.00 and if it didn't work it wouldn't be covered under the warranty. He told me that it's probably because the software is so screwed up and it's there way of washing their hands of it. So unless the cluster fails in some way, it won't be covered under the warranty. Typical GM cop out!
Sounds like some BS dealership cop out.

That's pretty lame policy. Especially for the front facing camera. The logo update may not be necessary, but why the hell did they come up with fix if it wasn't something they wanted to do. I guess it's costing them too much and isn't reliable on install.

Yeah, I agree. I believe what my service advisor told me. He has been a personal friend of mine for 20+ years. He has always taken care of me, and any issue I have had in the past without question. I put the blame on GM for this one. We should have had the full ZR2 cluster animation, (both screens) from the beginning. Just like the Tail Boss and AT4's have. GM also should have made it a priority to update our clusters asap! This is their flagship truck, we stepped up, shelled out big $ to get one and promote their new product. Now they got what they wanted from us and could care less about the half a**** job they did on our trucks. At first I really could care less about the different animation, but now it's getting personal. I think it's time to file a formal complaint with corporate as see where that leads me. I work for GM and have some avenues to pursue that others don't. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Yeah, I agree. I believe what my service advisor told me. He has been a personal friend of mine for 20+ years. He has always taken care of me, and any issue I have had in the past without question. I put the blame on GM for this one. We should have had the full ZR2 cluster animation, (both screens) from the beginning. Just like the Tail Boss and AT4's have. GM also should have made it a priority to update our clusters asap! This is their flagship truck, we stepped up, shelled out big $ to get one and promote their new product. Now they got what they wanted from us and could care less about the half a**** job they did on our trucks. At first I really could care less about the different animation, but now it's getting personal. I think it's time to file a formal complaint with corporate as see where that leads me. I work for GM and have some avenues to pursue that others don't. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Thanks, appreciate what you're doing. It's weird they won't do the cluster update when it supposedly also includes a fix to leave the cameras on? (Or did I dream that? lol)

Either way, I'm sure there are a lot of us on here that agree with your sentiment and appreciate what you're doing!

Chuck

Totally agree . I have the same problem on my AT4X where is shows AT4 and the dealer has been unable to fix it even using the newest cluster updates located in this thread .

I paid $10k above the price of an AT4 and would like my truck to reflect it . It makes me question what else am I missing off an AT4X? Do I really have an AT4X ?

Totally agree . I have the same problem on my AT4X where is shows AT4 and the dealer has been unable to fix it even using the newest cluster updates located in this thread .

I paid $10k above the price of an AT4 and would like my truck to reflect it . It makes me question what else am I missing off an AT4X? Do I really have an AT4X ?
im amazed that these dealers are pushing the updates. why did GM make the update? for us not to install them. its like they are doing us a favor. big frickin secret.

im amazed that these dealers are pushing the updates. why did GM make the update? for us not to install them. its like they are doing us a favor. big frickin secret.

how do you like the AT4X? how is Bose, massage seats? can you give us a first hand opinion? thanks

I paid cash for my ZR2 and expect the same.

I did as well and they were not happy about it.

Dropped off my truck this morning along with a copy of the bulletin and the spare tire spacer one. The advisor didn't seem to know anything about either.
Sometimes you have to go right to the service manager.

So I called friend of mine who is a salesman at another local Chevrolet dealer and asked him about this service bulletin. His son is a tech at the same dealership. I told him that GM refused to update the cluster under warranty at the previous dealership. He asked his son to look into it and he confirmed it. "Unless you are experiencing problems and we can verify it, GM will not send us the software package that is VIN specific" This is total BS!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509_104312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230509_104312_Chrome.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 64
So I called friend of mine who is a salesman at another local Chevrolet dealer and asked him about this service bulletin. His son is a tech at the same dealership. I told him that GM refused to update the cluster under warranty at the previous dealership. He asked his son to look into it and he confirmed it. "Unless you are experiencing problems and we can verify it, GM will not send us the software package that is VIN specific" This is total BS!
Mine is in the shop now. It shows that the vehicle is programmed for Tahoe in my dash. Went to a different dealership than the last one. I showed the service advisor both of the bulletins numbers that Q had listed in 2 different posts and he read over everything thoroughly.

He said give him until Thursday or Friday and he will know the status of the truck. He said the diagnostics dept is extremely backed up.

This guy seems like he really cares about his job and the quality of service and the customer. TOTAL 180 from the last dealership.

Mine is in the shop now. It shows that the vehicle is programmed for Tahoe in my dash. Went to a different dealership than the last one. I showed the service advisor both of the bulletins numbers that Q had listed in 2 different posts and he read over everything thoroughly.

He said give him until Thursday or Friday and he will know the status of the truck. He said the diagnostics dept is extremely backed up.

This guy seems like he really cares about his job and the quality of service and the customer. TOTAL 180 from the last dealership.

Dealer just called and I'm on my way there to pick it up they said the update went through perfectly fine. I will ask him if it is Vin specific cuz that might just be some Way out West answer. I'll post some pictures when I get them

UPDATE

Got the truck back and it is updated. Here is few shots of the system now.

VERIFIED: Unfortunately It is VIN Specific.

Display looks great and I can even feel a difference in the way the truck drives now. It's much more rigid in the brakes and the steering now, in standard 2 w/drive. If it is indeed that the truck was programmed to handle as a Tahoe on the same frame /drivetrain...... it seems logical it should handle different in 4WD as well.
I will keep updated.

HIGE SHOUT OUT TO CHRIS In service @ https://www.findlaychevy.com in Las Vegas👍 🤜👏

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_162918857.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162918857.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162921202_HDR.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20230509_162941430.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162941430.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20230509_162957576.jpg
    IMG_20230509_162957576.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 92
I asked my dealer about this update last week when I was in for an oil service. They looked at me like I had 3 heads and said they didn’t know what I was talking about and would look into. Needless to say, they called me and said they could not find any information on an instrument cluster update for the ZR2. I need to try a different dealer next time

So it seems as though GM locks your system from any changes, unless there is a verified problem with your specific truck. The other dealer that loaded me up with the Tahoe flash, said I had the proper update (even though it showed as Tahoe)and he couldn't access my system. When they say it's VIN specific, it means that the flash comes directly from Chevrolet for your specific Vin and some reflect the updated animation while others don't, even though they have the proper software flash. Sucks it's not more of a blanket style update for everyone.
I'm very grateful my truck is properly updated. I was beginning to wonder if my truck would get the new animation. Very happy with my purchase 😁

Here is the specific software #

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_223054397.jpg
    IMG_20230509_223054397.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back