What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? 🛠️

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, well signing up at least, I’ve been a guest here for a bit and thanks to you all I’ve added $2k to the cost of my new ZR2! 🤣 Just installed the S-type Borla cat back this morning, sounds awesome! Have a K&N Blackhawk cold air intake being delivered Tuesday and caliper covers coming shortly after…
welcome...

Hi all, I’m new to the forum, well signing up at least, I’ve been a guest here for a bit and thanks to you all I’ve added $2k to the cost of my new ZR2! 🤣 Just installed the S-type Borla cat back this morning, sounds awesome! Have a K&N Blackhawk cold air intake being delivered Tuesday and caliper covers coming shortly after…
Welcome my friend. Save your money and ship the K&N back...worthless product and the factory air box is actually very good. Worst case, buy a dry filter and the Airaid Jr. kit to clean up the intake a bit. A far better solution.

So some snotty young 20 something girl in her daddy's BMW sideswiped me and kept going until I follow her for a 1/2 a block or so and pulled up next to her and got her to pull over. We got out and I asked her why she swiped me and she said oh I changed lanes on her and she'll see me in court. To which I replied I have a dash cam that shows three different views. She turned white as a ghost and when I turned around to get my phone to take pictures of her license plate and the damage and exchange information she got back in her daddy's BMW and tore off doing over 90 miles an hour in a school zone, thank God it was a Saturday! 🙌 I was pushing 65 plus miles an hour and she was still at least three blocks ahead of me. She made one final turn and ran out into the main road and smashed into two other cars putting one man in the hospital and went up over the median across the oncoming lanes and up over the curb and continue to try and escape between two buildings. Her BMW was lodged on two big boulders and she just continued to sit there and spin the tires as if she was going to get away. The money I paid for the dash cam in the installation paid for itself right then and there. I didn't want to wait for the insurance companies to fight it out so I paid my deductible and the body shop ordered the parts but they said it would be months before everything came in because they cannot build these things fast enough, let alone have a stockpile for parts. The body Shop said I will end up getting a new driver's door and a new front fender and possibly a new passenger door as well if they cannot get it to come straight again. What's simply amazes me is the WOKE ass idiot cop didn't take her to jail! He gave me a reckless driving ticket for following her because I was not sure if I got her license plate on the dash cam cuz she was driving so fast. Already talked to three different attorneys and each one said I should have no problem winning in court. When he handed me the tickets I asked him what planet were we on? Absolutely jaw-dropping dumbfounding! 😵‍💫

View attachment 5375
Wow ticket I once chase a car that it me and i did get plate as I was chasing him the 911 despatcher was screaming at me to stop chasing him. No ticket tho cops came i gave them license plate they looked it up and that was the end. Insurance payed repairs.

Wow ticket I once chase a car that it me and i did get plate as I was chasing him the 911 despatcher was screaming at me to stop chasing him. No ticket tho cops came i gave them license plate they looked it up and that was the end. Insurance payed repairs.
Looking back, I would definitely do some things differently, but hindsight is always better.....
I'm probably going to bite the bullet and pay for my actions in one way or another, but even after speaking with 2 different attorneys, I was told the reckless driving would most likely be reduced. The most important thing is, my actions did not hurt anybody and I got my truck fixed.

Let's see what you have done with your Silverado ZR2!
New 4in BDS lift kit made specifically for the ZR2 installed!
20230615_115036.jpg
20230615_115021.jpg
20230615_115046.jpg
20230615_115015.jpg

New here, I tried to install my Lund night FX lights for my side steps but they won't work as they should and since it's been over 30 days lund won't take them back which I get. But after talking to them Multiple times they don't seem to care. Any ideas on how to get these things to work correctly?

New here, I tried to install my Lund night FX lights for my side steps but they won't work as they should and since it's been over 30 days lund won't take them back which I get. But after talking to them Multiple times they don't seem to care. Any ideas on how to get these things to work correctly?
whats wrong with them. need some info.

Lund Night FX guide lights claim to be plug and play. they get power from the OBDII port. i see alot of individual wiring using butt connectors so not so plug and play. i would start with a volt meter out of OBDII and then to each light.

Double check the part numbers on box and on the obd plug. Make sure they are for your truck. I got the wrong obd parts in my AMP step box. Figured it out after talking to AMP and comparing individual part numbers.

Lund Night FX guide lights claim to be plug and play. they get power from the OBDII port. i see alot of individual wiring using butt connectors so not so plug and play. i would start with a volt meter out of OBDII and then to each light.
I used a volt meter and I get no voltage and there's no continuity on the ground wire I suspect it a bad obd2 connector but lund has yet to reply to my emails or calls

I used a volt meter and I get no voltage and there's no continuity on the ground wire I suspect it a bad obd2 connector but lund has yet to reply to my emails or calls
sounds like a warranty issue. from what you are saying, im gonna avoid anything Lund. did you identify and check the positive pin OUT of obdII? lotta pins in there. is it possible to inspect both connectors?

sounds like a warranty issue. from what you are saying, im gonna avoid anything Lund. did you identify and check the positive pin OUT of obdII? lotta pins in there. is it possible to inspect both connectors?
I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and it worked. I will never purchase anything from Lund again.

I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and it worked. I will never purchase anything from Lund again.
dont sweat them yet. ok so we know there is juice coming out. i would look at the Lund connector and see if maybe there is a loose receptical. then i would put direct 12v power to the beginning of the light string. you can make a jumper to truck battery if you dont have a motorcyle batt.

Fuck Lund and their shitty customer service. Order another set, take out the parts you need and return it.

Most Member Reactions

Back