37's on my 2024 zr2 bison 2500hd.

37 x 13.5 BFG KO2’s fit the HD ZR2 Bison perfectly with no issues.

I also fitted a 37 into the spare no issues with clearance. Super happy with the setup. I’ll report MPG difference after some 500 miles or so.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_2377.jpeg
    IMG_2377.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 167
What's the clearance at full lock? It's tighter than just measuring when when the wheel is straight. That's where you'll likely rub, especially when your not in your driveway.

I see they mounted your rear bumper crooked too.

What's the clearance at full lock? It's tighter than just measuring when when the wheel is straight. That's where you'll likely rub, especially when your not in your driveway.

I see they mounted your rear bumper crooked too.
That’s a good point, I’ll check at full lock when I get back from Tahoe. I haven’t taken it on any off road tours yet but driving in the city and freeway so far zero issues.

That’s a good point, I’ll check at full lock when I get back from Tahoe. I haven’t taken it on any off road tours yet but driving in the city and freeway so far zero issues.
I think it'll be fine for normal road use. Probably won't rub unless you air down or off road hard enough.

Last edited:
These trucks look great with 37's. I'm new to the forum so if I'm missing another thread with the info I looking for please point me in the right direction. I do not have the Bison, so my question is, do 37's fit the normal ZR2 with the "stock" bumpers? I'm getting conflicting info from shops but they most likely have zero experience with the new ZR2 HD suspension. Bottom line is I'm going to wheel and tire my ZR2 but want to be completely sure 37x12.50's will fit before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

These trucks look great with 37's. I'm new to the forum so if I'm missing another thread with the info I looking for please point me in the right direction. I do not have the Bison, so my question is, do 37's fit the normal ZR2 with the "stock" bumpers? I'm getting conflicting info from shops but they most likely have zero experience with the new ZR2 HD suspension. Bottom line is I'm going to wheel and tire my ZR2 but want to be completely sure 37x12.50's will fit before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Just mount one up and see, thats what I did. Got a detailed post showing the results. That's the only way you'll know cause every tire is different.

There's a lot of clearance in wheel wells, so the limiting factor is stock wheel + offset. You don't have a lot of clearance between UCAs with stock tires. You'll have much less with 37s.

In my opinion, you need 0 or negative offset wheels to get clerance on UCAs if your gonna run hard off road or air down. Negative offset wheels will potentially cause clearance issues in wheel wells, becsuse at full lock they are now closer to the body and bumper.

Last edited:
37 x 13.5 BFG KO2’s fit the HD ZR2 Bison perfectly with no issues.

I also fitted a 37 into the spare no issues with clearance. Super happy with the setup. I’ll report MPG difference after some 500 miles or so.
Your passenger side rear bumper isn't square with the quarter panel. It's a feature, not a flaw.

I think it'll be fine for normal road use. Probably won't rub unless you air down or off road hard enough.
After some driving around there is a very minor rub in the front. It’ll just tap the frame at full lock.

I’m still waiting for the Bora Spacers. Should solve that 👍

Fuel Mileage seems to be the same as well. I haven’t had the tire size calibrated quite yet.

The only rub I have with is a hair on the fender liner when backing up. No touch on metal. Sway bar is tight but no rub. UCA has room for days. 37x12.5 Nitto Recon Grapplers on a GM 18x8 wheel unknown offset. I think I can heat up the liner and press it back and it will give me what I need. UCA ball joint angle is perfect leveled to the rear. I would not be surprised the engineers designed the suspension changes to allow 37s. Full disclosure I have a 22 LT truck that I swapped all the ZR2 part numbers into. If my truck can fit them, stock ZR2s will have no trouble either.

I would love 37’s, and they would look awesome on this truck, but I just got 22.8mpg(unloaded)on a 400 mile trip(cruise set to 5-8 above speed limit(65avg)). I then grabbed our crappiest/heaviest 2 horse steel frame trailer, and towed it to a horse show, another 400 miles, did 16mpg. I have 15k on this truck currently, and my mpg has only improved. If I was going to create a project truck with similar trim, I would grab a base LTZ. I think GM did more homework than normal on our ZR2’s, definitely not perfect, but I am really hesitant about upsetting what seems to be a very well thought out compromise. I also spend a good portion of my time on sand, 25psi works fine on the stock tires, as usual, Axe is probably right on clearance

Reactions: AXE
I would love 37’s, and they would look awesome on this truck, but I just got 22.8mpg(unloaded)on a 400 mile trip(cruise set to 5-8 above speed limit(65avg)). I then grabbed our crappiest/heaviest 2 horse steel frame trailer, and towed it to a horse show, another 400 miles, did 16mpg. I have 15k on this truck currently, and my mpg has only improved. If I was going to create a project truck with similar trim, I would grab a base LTZ. I think GM did more homework than normal on our ZR2’s, definitely not perfect, but I am really hesitant about upsetting what seems to be a very well thought out compromise. I also spend a good portion of my time on sand, 25psi works fine on the stock tires, as usual, Axe is probably right on clearance
That's some damn good mileage. I haven't even put 1800 miles on mine and it's damn near 6 months old. I gotta get some trips in soon. Still want to do 37s on different rims. But if I do, I'll keep my stockers for longer trips.

Last edited:
That's some damn good mileage. I haven't even put 1800 miles on mine and it's damn near 6 months old. I gotta get some trips in soon. Still want to do 37s on different rims. But if I do, I'll keep my stockers for longer trips.
Please note the best mileage was between Fenwick Island, DE and Richmond, VA, as flat as you get besides driving across North Dakota. Mileage also jumps with the temperature, lower wind resistance. Temperature was around 55.

Please note the best mileage was between Fenwick Island, DE and Richmond, VA, as flat as you get besides driving across North Dakota. Mileage also jumps with the temperature, lower wind resistance. Temperature was around 55.
Yeah, out west we have some long flat stretches in some areas, but lots of hills and mountains to screw things up. But that's better mileage than I've seen on my previous lifted trucks. I know guys with standard HDs said they could get 20-22 mpg. I think the best I've ever seen was between 18-19 mpg and that was rare.

It will definitely be hard to replicate, anyone who has done rt 13 and the bridge tunnel on the eastern shore knows about the 50-45 mph zones/stop lights. I did it in the evening.

I just pulled my best mileage yet at 19 mpg. It was about 20% city streets in traffic, about 40% Parkway at steady 55 mph, 40% freeway steady at 75 mph. This is pretty damn good.

Attachments

• 20240411_174350.jpg
    20240411_174350.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 20

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back